2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

35 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Just echoing the comments of many others. Great to see Louis back but is he too injury prone?  If on form, it will be interesting to see how he works with KVV. Unrealistic though to expect him to be the Louis of old. 

Apart from being out for a few weeks suffering from vertigo earlier in the year it looks like he has made the burton squad on most occasions this calander year and the 6 games they have played this season,so i would take a guess that he's done a decent pre-season,so his fitness levels might b pretty good,he just happens to be in a shit team that create very little for there strikersi, think it'll be very different with us with the chances we've created and missed louis may be the very man to finish them off..heres hoping it all goes to plan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:
11 hours ago, fizoxy said:
16 hours ago, grizzlyg said:
Here goes. 
 " Stephen Craigan..... Stephen Pearson.... Scott MacDonald... Ross McCormack.....Keith Lasley...Phil O'Donnell.....Louis Moult"
"James McFadden.....Brian McClair.....Steven Hammell...Stu McKinstry...North Korea ...South Korea ...Marilyn Monroe"
Ok I ran out of names halfway through the 2nd verse!!! Lol

Stephen Hughes, Fraser wishart

George Burley

David Clarkson

17 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Here goes. 

" Stephen Craigan..... Stephen Pearson.... Scott MacDonald... Ross McCormack.....Keith Lasley...Phil O'Donnell.....Louis Moult"

"James McFadden.....Brian McClair.....Steven Hammell...Stu McKinstry...North Korea ...South Korea ...Marilyn Monroe"

Gunnar Nielsen

18 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Here goes. 

Big handsome John Sutton.

I can't believe I'm getting involved in this nonsense.

I just don't get this injury prone , too old crap about Moult. Even if he never starts a game  he has already given the support a lift just by being here and if his previous stay is anything to go by he will do a great job for MFC off the park with his work in the community and school kids etc. It's a win win situation for me.  And just think he might turn out to be done like David Cooper.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, real dosser said:

I just don't get this injury prone , too old crap about Moult. Even if he never starts a game  he has already given the support a lift just by being here and if his previous stay is anything to go by he will do a great job for MFC off the park with his work in the community and school kids etc. It's a win win situation for me.  And just think he might turn out to be done like David Cooper.

It's certainly a low risk, high reward option. As a loan I presume we are only picking up part of his wages and if for some reason it doesn't work out we can look at other options in the next window. If it does work out, then everybody wins.

There is no chance a club like ours is can afford an on-form, first choice striker so we either need to take a chance with someone from a lower league hoping they can step up or someone with a decent record looking to get back on track.

On 9/3/2022 at 10:54 AM, spudmfc said:

Apart from being out for a few weeks suffering from vertigo earlier in the year it looks like he has made the burton squad on most occasions this calander year and the 6 games they have played this season,so i would take a guess that he's done a decent pre-season,so his fitness levels might b pretty good,he just happens to be in a shit team that create very little for there strikersi, think it'll be very different with us with the chances we've created and missed louis may be the very man to finish them off..heres hoping it all goes to plan

In the 6 games Burton have played this season Moult has played a total of 65 minutes.  On that basis he can’t possibly be match fit so it may be some time before we see him playing.

8 minutes ago, El Grew said:

In the 6 games Burton have played this season Moult has played a total of 65 minutes.  On that basis he can’t possibly be match fit so it may be some time before we see him playing.

Yep, lets give the guy some time to bed in, get him up to team fitness and then work on match fitness. Get some bounce games and 10-15 minute cameos with the first team.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, El Grew said:

Agree he may not b "match sharp"but he should b fit enough to a degree,pre season and daily training sessions for past 2 months or so,i think we may see him on the bench on saturday having had a weeks training to bed in,he did look fit as a flea in the welcome video i saw,hoping t see him in the team soon

Just now, Yorkyred said:

Looking at the way we are playing now what’s obvious is Alexander actually signed some good players.  Goss, Slattery, Tierney, Spittal, McGinn, for starters, he just refused to let them play.

Which is in itself somewhat mind boggling!

26 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Jimmy Floyd punted by Burton. Hopefully our contract with them & Moult is secure. Disaster if the new manager cancels it next week

I doubt any new manager is going to look at his stats over the last four years and be desperate to take him back. Regardless of who’s in charge I would be amazed if he’s not a free agent in the summer.

• David locked this topic