2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

40 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Nothing but praise for SH the way he has turned it round just feel he needed more experience in the team  especially at the back as was shown yesterday when we gifted 3 goals 

How do you know that he didn't try to get someone in?

4 hours ago, Yodo said:

Everybody knows we needed centre backs and experienced midfield players so your talking shite 

We have experienced midfielders in Slattery,  Goss and Spittal, who since SH took over have in all honesty looked different players. And as for CB's we  have Lamie, Mugabi and Johansen who are ok, but you stick with the negative agenda and look for issues, it's what your good at the rest of us will ignore you that's what we are good at :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

We have experienced midfielders in Slattery,  Goss and Spittal, who since SH took over have in all honesty looked different players. And as for CB's we  have Lamie, Mugabi and Johansen who are ok, but you stick with the negative agenda and look for issues, it's what your good at the rest of us will ignore you that's what we are good at :D

You keep spouting yer shite Slattery is not experienced a former academy player with hardly a first team game till he got here . 

• 2 weeks later...

Stuart Kettlewell in as new lead development coach - working with the Development and U18 teams.

Seems like a good appointment as he has a decent track record with youngsters, winning the Development League with Ross County U20s. Plus, as an ex-manager, he knows what it takes to make the step up to first team football.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:42 PM, Yodo said:

You keep spouting yer shite Slattery is not experienced a former academy player with hardly a first team game till he got here . 

He's got almost 50 first team games under his belt now, played across leagues in Scotland, England and Holland. He's maybe not a veteran, but it's hardly as though he's a teenager coming right out of an academy with single digit first team appearances.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Efford requiring surgery and out for "several months"

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/10/28/joe-efford-injury-update/

Big January transfer window required now, including firing Shields and Morris into the nearest bin. Aarons won’t be back, and Moult will likely only be a cameo performer at best now. 

20 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

That's not good, particularly as we have no cover, it's hard to see where our goals will come from KVV with Shields up top does not inspire confidence. 

2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Not good. He might not be good enough but he is a better option than what we are left with, that in itself shows the mess we are in.

Our problems are certainly building up  and I don’t envy Stevie Hammell one bit with the task he’s got.

That is a big blow, not only for the player but also for the team.

Efford is the most improved player at the club and without his pace and delivery we have looked much less effective going forward.

That has a knock on effect in the midfield and defensive thirds.

So on top of of the players we already needed in January we need someone in that position.

Stevie Hammells gonna be busy during the World Cup break!

As Ive said before and im still sorry to say it but Moult is clearly finished and he is a waste of a squad number and wages.

Aarons might as well be sent on his way also as we cant afford to carry 2 crocks.

For me, we need a CB, CM and CF.

Yesterday really highlighted for me how poor Shields is and Barry Maguire is utterly hopeless, he might actually be our worst 1st team squad player.

2 hours ago, Mccus28 said:

As Ive said before and im still sorry to say it but Moult is clearly finished and he is a waste of a squad number and wages.

Aarons might as well be sent on his way also as we cant afford to carry 2 crocks.

Yesterday really highlighted for me how poor Shields is and Barry Maguire is utterly hopeless, he might actually be our worst 1st team squad player.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Aarons has returned to his parent club already.

16 hours ago, Mccus28 said:

I completely agree with you about Moult, Aarons, Shields and particularly Maguire, on top of that I think our most disappointing player is Slattery who I think is going through the motions.

Slattery has never been the same since his late night disco dancing dance off last year in Glasgow!Time for the club to try offload him in January get him off the books and bring in someone that will run box to box and tackle.

Doesn't look like he is going to progress anymore time to get shot think it be best for player and club.

2 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

I completely agree with you about Moult, Aarons, Shields and particularly Maguire, on top of that I think our most disappointing player is Slattery who I think is going through the motions.

2 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

So you are telling me his off the field activities hasn't had an effect on how he has performed on the pitch?Shadow of the player we got at the start of last season.

I think the death of his mother probably has more to do with it.

Given the explanation given after the court case it seems clear the two were linked.

Id also like to think we are the kind of club that supports its staff during difficult times, rather than ditch them because they are struggling........

• Like 8

On 10/30/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mccus28 said:

I'd be surprised if Moult wasn't on some sort of appearance-related salary from our side of things, with Burton picking up the wages otherwise.

14 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I never knew the circumstances behind the fallout apologies to anyone I caused offence too.

No offence caused here.

I think we can all be guilty of forgetting that footballers are just human beings with the same lives, loves and losses as the rest of us.

• David locked this topic