2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

20 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Needs massively backed and supported in this window. Needed 6-8 players in the summer . We used up 3 of those bringing in a keeper when he wasn’t needed, a right back that wasn’t needed when we had sod and max Johnstone and on Blair spit all 

so now is the time to back the right horse and give the manager a min of 6 to turn things around to the end of the summer when he can properly reset and implement a plan for the future

need to clear out the mass number of bad decisions that were made in the last 2 years first 

completely agree - need lots of new faces. 

Given the amount of signings Celtic have made I'd be reaching out for some of their fringe players. 

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

completely agree - need lots of new faces. 

Given the amount of signings Celtic have made I'd be reaching out for some of their fringe players. 

have you heard the turnbull rumour ? or was that just a throwaway statement ? 

come home david n score the goals to keep us up , get your name in lights again then get your big move to the english championship beside wee AL   where you should have went :cheers:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, smiddy said:

come home david n score the goals to keep us up , get your name in lights again then get your big move to the english championship beside wee AL   where you should have went :cheers:

well with the smily face in the bottom corner ,,, somebody laughing

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

I did think of him the other day and wondered if it was worth asking the question

would be far more excited seeing him come back than I was moult

worked with hammell like Mckinstry so would be a link there 

1 minute ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

I did think of him the other day and wondered if it was worth asking the question

would be far more excited seeing him come back than I was moult

worked with hammell like Mckinstry so would be a link there 

i heard it today but just diamissed it as shite,   but the smellic have signed another japanese midfielder as of sunday

so where does that put turnbull  in the pecking order for game time 

Just now, smiddy said:

i heard it today but just diamissed it as shite,   but the smellic have signed another japanese midfielder as of sunday

so where does that put turnbull  in the pecking order for game time 

Would love that but a defensive mid is prob our main focus at the moment. Right side Centre half, winger and centre forward musts /min requirements for me 

1 hour ago, Stevie73 said:

Is the big CB at Ross County up for grabs Lacovitti, kinda in the Hartley mould a guy that takes no shit, what our CB’s have been crying out for for a couple of years now.

is the joe shaugneysay from st midden rumour   that was mentioned on here  still on ? or just more rumours that we all hear

I doubt County would let Iacovitti go, and we don't have the kind of money to persuade a team to let go of a player that is a regular in their team.

We are limited to:

1 - loan signings, which means the player is either pretty young or not getting games. 

2 - Players who are surplus to requirements at other clubs (one man's trash, another's treasure, yadda yadda). 

3 - players who are already free agents. 

The reality is that we are very unlikely to sign players our fans know, unless we know them for being shite.

It is possible we could pull the old pre contract and force to sell trick, but I do t think we have the funds for that.

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

I doubt County would let Iacovitti go, and we don't have the kind of money to persuade a team to let go of a player that is a regular in their team.

We are limited to:

1 - loan signings, which means the player is either pretty young or not getting games. 

2 - Players who are surplus to requirements at other clubs (one man's trash, another's treasure, yadda yadda). 

3 - players who are already free agents. 

The reality is that we are very unlikely to sign players our fans know, unless we know them for being shite.

It is possible we could pull the old pre contract and force to sell trick, but I do t think we have the funds for that.

leigh feckin  griffiths :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ipswich expect Penney to return in a couple of weeks. The manager was asked in a press conference today. He's out of contract in the summer so they probably want to get a few quid for him fairly soon.

• David locked this topic