2022/23 ins & outs discussion

David

1 hour ago, Stevie73 said:

Thursday night and still nothing, assume same ten players for Sunday, discounting Connor Shields as he is a man down.

We’re going to have to get out if this with the majority of the squad unchanged I’m afraid.

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Interesting to read Burrows on twitter saying that they're hopeful of having 'a few' new faces to announce soon. How many is a few?

For me, "a few" is more than "a couple" and as "a couple" is two I'm expecting 3 minimum (or I'll be calling the Daily Record Hotline to complain about being misled by the Board).

• Like 1

A pity it didn’t work out but terminating the loan was the only common sense thing to do. 

For the love of God please let that be a lesson to us about re-signing popular ex players who have injury problems.

30 minutes ago, MJC said:

A pity it didn’t work out but terminating the loan was the only common sense thing to do. 

For the love of God please let that be a lesson to us about re-signing popular ex players who have injury problems.

Gutted for Louis, but I can guarantee that the Club will not learn that lesson. 

46 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Gutted for Louis, but I can guarantee that the Club will not learn that lesson. 

Sadly I agree with you there. 

I wish Louis Moult all the very best though, hopefully he can get back to playing regularly at some level.

12 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Sad that it didn't work out, was worth the gamble at the time. He is still a legend and welcome to Fir Park anytime.....LOUISSSSS LOUISSSSS 

Definitely worth the gamble as I imagine it was probably Louis or nothing at the stage when he was signed. Very low risk gamble as far as I can see.

• Thanks 1

Worth a gamble?It's one of the reasons we are in the mud!Folk are kidding themselves on with this one.

Last days of the window you sign an old fan favourite that probably didn't even pass the medical properly to compete with our only striker it's amateur hour.

When I hear down to barebones week after week from Hammel well you did sign two players with length injury problems and continued problems nah not having that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Worth a gamble?It's one of the reasons we are in the mud!Folk are kidding themselves on with this one.

Last days of the window you sign an old fan favourite that probably didn't even pass the medical properly to compete with our only striker it's amateur hour.

When I hear down to barebones week after week from Hammel well you did sign two players with length injury problems and continued problems nah not having that.

What, or who were the alternatives?

Sad about Louis, I fear he may be close to the end of his career at professional level. I personally think it was the wrong move given he’d played very few games in a couple of years but can understand why it looked attractive at the time.

6 hours ago, GrahamH said:

What, or who were the alternatives?

Off the top of my head i have no clue  but i refuse to believe we couldn't get a striker on loan from either a Premiership,Championship or 1st division in England that was fit and able to play in our first team that wasn't injured.

It doesnt look good for for Louis  sadly but i hope things get sorted for him for the long term.

8 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Signing two injury prone players on loan and both of them end up having their loans cut short due to, surprise surprise, injuries and making little impact certainly doesn’t look for Hammell, rookie manager or not. He absolutely has to get any signings he makes this month absolutely spot on, which is a tall order.

^I'd say that those signings are more a reflection on the performance of our head of recruitment. Stevie had very little time before the end of the summer window but the recruitment chap should have identified a number of targets way in advance irrespective of the managerial situation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

^I'd say that those signings are more a reflection on the performance of our head of recruitment. Stevie had very little time before the end of the summer window but the recruitment chap should have identified a number of targets way in advance irrespective of the managerial situation.

He’s now had plenty time to identify targets for this window but sadly no signings. The board will have to loosen the purse strings let’s face it they are responsible for this mess we are in 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I'm with you on this, our recruitment hasn't improved in any way shape or form in the last 2 years.

Equally those in control of purse strings have a lot to answer to.  We deliberately reduced the size of squad . At best Hammell is allowed to recruit to replace Moult/Aarons , eg 2 new heads.

It could be called brave, optimistic but honestly feels foolhardy and we're running a risk that things will get better than they've been for 12 months.    We need something to give the lads confidence and it's becoming more likely that spark needs to come form within. 

1 minute ago, Yodo said:

He’s now had plenty time to identify targets for this window but sadly no signings. The board will have to loosen the purse strings let’s face it they are responsible for this mess we are in 

Its early days nobody can be blamed for the lack of action so far , players we are in for often have options of Killie , St Mirren , St J and others down South and wont make a decision until late on in the the window , same goes for August hence why i think any criticism of Alexander was harsh on that front and why Hammell wasnt as hamstrung as many are saying, ideally we want them in early but we have til the end of Jan to get the right faces in 

Personally i think you could get the entire second string in from Chelsea and Hammell wouldnt know what to do with them as he isnt getting the best out of whats already there but thats another arguement

• Like 3

• David locked this topic