Motherwell v Livingston 20/08/2022

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, El Grew said:

It’s been utter dross so far.  No creativity at all from us. Stats show we’ve had 67% possession but we’ve done very little in the final third.

I wouldnt b as hard n say its dross,but its no great,good thing being is surely we cant b as bad 2nd half,deano looking out af sorts tday,slatteey n goss cant get on the ball,its good t c we have a massive advantage wi possesion,its shows we r trying t play the right way

Usual lack of entertainment from a Livi game. Just a slightly different variant of non-entertainment.

Good 3 points against a tough opponent and nice to keep our "haven't lost to them at Fir Park in 20 years" intact.

I still do a double take every time I see Kelly play a short pass out from the box.

That was two teams cancelling each other out with a lot of stop start with niggly fouls,luckily we got the break and won the game which was always the most important thing today.big 3 points for us and we can continue the rebuild under hammy from another position of strength.

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Huge three points. We saw that through excellently.

Hammell is the messiah. 

We seen it out but I thought we didn’t do a very good job at all in that respect.  Should have killed it at the end but late slack pass from KVV and Effords then picking out wrong player and chance was gone. 

Getting the first home win at the third attempt is huge, especially since it felt like a decent size crowd today. We are still lacking some quality in the final third and having a wholly right footed left hand side of the park isn't viable long term but right now it's just about getting points on the board and getting some breathing space while all the pressure piles onto our next two opponents Dundee United and Killie.

Hardly a classic, but three points is three points. I thought we were trying to play football today but it just didn't work out for the most part. Livi are also a lot better at holding their shape than Aberdeen and don't give a lot away.  

• Like 1

Let's be honest the match was a complete snoozefest, I don't think either goalkeeper actually had a save to make out with the penalty.

Still it was important we took points from the easier fixtures at the start of the season..

However, we may have changed manager, formation and style but our lack of creativity in open play is still there for all too see.

• Like 1

That was a typical Livi game but I thought we actually managed the game well and matched up to their physicality.

We lack that creative spark though and that will cause us problems if we don’t address this, though we looked better when Efford & Morris came on.

KvV put himself about well in the 2nd half and took his penalty really well. 3 goals already this season.

Absolutely delighted for Hammell to get the win in what was his first official home game as manager and the support as a whole stayed to show their appreciation at the end.

Three wins in less than a month. It took us nearly five months to manage that in the second half of last season!

10 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

brilliant to have a little bit of momentum and a clean sheet. 

Well done lads , not every game will be a classic but tremendous 3 points. 

Aye a clean sheet is always good to get,a lot has been made about that nouble and how much of a handful he is but I thought sol was excellent up against him today,he hardly gave him a kick.

• Like 1