Dundee Utd

milo

I answered that if you read the response properly. I'm in the next section I can hear some singing regularly throughout the game, shite or otherwise. When my attention is drawn to kids getting pulled up the only I'd know if they were standing silently or not would be if I wacthed them constantly, which I don't, so if you two know that then you must do, otherwise you know as little about the individuals being pulled up as you accuse me of doing.

:lol:

Seeing as I sit across from them, if the balls in the middle of the park, or in the away stand side of the the park, I can generally see them, although I don't need to, to know whether they're signing or not. Again, with the ears. They just seem to want to stand because the stewards don't want them to. But then, is that not what all 15 year olds do? The opposite of what they're told?

I sound like an old man. :lol:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pitch really is shocking :lol:

I wanted to see Quinn's comedy miss but I guess I never will now!

Looked a stonewall penalty to me for Dundee United and the ref was right next to it! But they stole points off us the last time at Fir Park so maybe that was us getting them back this time.

Highlights finally up.

Some fine play by Jim O'Brien. Both sides had their chances, but some of our defending was absolutely awful. Undecided about United's penalty claim. There may have been contact but the lad did go down very easily.

Any club looking at Graeme Smith can't have failed to be impressed by his shot stopping but his attempts at United goal will certainly not have gone down well with them. At least if he moves to another SPL club we'll know how to put him under pressure.

:lol:

Seeing as I sit across from them, if the balls in the middle of the park, or in the away stand side of the the park, I can generally see them, although I don't need to, to know whether they're signing or not. Again, with the ears. They just seem to want to stand because the stewards don't want them to. But then, is that not what all 15 year olds do? The opposite of what they're told?

I sound like an old man. B-)

Yes it is so howsabout we all cut them some slack. Hardly crime of the century stuff is it? Now when I were a lad........... :lol:

Canny believe anyone missed the penalty claim and canny believe anyone thinks it might not have been! Stonewaller!

We should've had the game dead and buried, McLean and Sheridan's chances stand out but in the end, it doesn't matter. We're better than them and we can take fourth place. Plus, we won't lose another home game this season!

Stadiums are all seaters for a reason.

Morecombe FC intend to install safe-standing at their ground in the next few months. I also believe Rubgy League/Rubgy Union clubs have terraces.

Even the mighty English Premiership couldn't prevent Fulham using their terrace on promotion to the Premeirship around 2001/2002

These trend buckers and rule breakers that you're talking about, they the same ones that destroyed a number of seats at Tynie?

Am one of these "trend breakers" and have never broken a chair in 20 years of supporting Motherwell. The friends i attend matches are also aged between 25-32 and to my knowledge have only broken a chair through over-emotion(celebrating a goal/losing a goal, etc)accidentially.

To suggest that anyone who stands-up to quietly or vocally support their team(and this has been happening since the East Stand became seated, not just 1 or 2 seasons) were behind the broken chairs at Tynecastle is insulting.

I would also like to point out that i know at least two Motherwell Supporter Trust committee members who bought season-tickets in the back-row of the East Stand to allow them to stand(as mentioned on this very site), therefore were the Motherwell Supporter Trust committee behind the Tynecastle broken chair incident????

I'd also like to point out that the original incident i discussed did not involve anyone from the East Stand Baby Crew or the supporters formally known as Well Boys. Just a lad with his friends watching the game(minding his/their own business and causing no-one any harm nor offense).

See the talk of the stewards reacting to incidents.

When the old lady two rows infront was hit with the ball , almost half the section were shouting trying to get the attention of the steward walking down the stairs - he didn't even aknowledge anybody. Completly oblivious to what was going around him.

If someone is drinking from a ginger can or standing up however......

Here here - why don't the MST take up the bold incentive of introducing a Safe-Standing Section at Fir Park(or the new ground). If you're looking to attract new members, be ambitious and use your weight with those in power. A campaign for this, may make non-members stand up and take interest in the MST....if not then at least we might have a Safe-Standing section for you to say, "we did that".

sorry for the three posts(oops make that 4 posts)...just a topic that has done my heid in.

The old lady who got a real sare yin when she got hit by the ba' is fine, was just speaking to her on the fone and shes recovered well :lol: which is great tae hear

when i seen who it was getting helped onto the stretcher i went running over!! but shes safe and sound now :)

The old lady who got a real sare yin when she got hit by the ba' is fine, was just speaking to her on the fone and shes recovered well :lol: which is great tae hear

when i seen who it was getting helped onto the stretcher i went running over!! but shes safe and sound now :)

Good to hear, was gonnae ask if anyone knew her so thanks for that

Glad to hear the auld dear's fine.

On the Safe Standing Section idea, it was mentioned by us at the meeting with the Match Commander et al, but we would need a wholesale change in the laws of the land and the Taylor Report to be scrapped before that could happen. As much as I'd like to think I'm ambitious, I think that is something that is beyond an organisation with half a dozen active members.

Frazzle

Glad to hear the auld dear's fine.

but we would need a wholesale change in the laws of the land and the Taylor Report to be scrapped before that could happen.

With Morecombe's recent decision to install safe-standing, it would suggest that there's a legal loop-hole for clubs to get around all-seater stadiums. I think Morecombe's decision will create a domino effect down south and these areas will appear all over the country(fingers crossed).

My understanding is that the Taylor Report was only ever a recommendation and not actually passed as UK Law. Anyone confirm this?

My understanding is that the Taylor Report was only ever a recommendation and not actually passed as UK Law. Anyone confirm this?
Yes. The English and Scottish Leagues took the report and incorporated the findings into their regulations, but there is no legal requirement for all-seated stadia.

Yes. The English and Scottish Leagues took the report and incorporated the findings into their regulations, but there is no legal requirement for all-seated stadia.

No but there is a requirement to play top flight football in Scotland to have all seated stadia. Changing the law of the land may not be necessary however you will have to change the rules of the SPL.

Just seen the highlights for the first time and how on earth that wasnt a penalty I'll never know!!... :lol:

With the number of penalties we've been denied this season though...good to see it happening to some other poor bastards!

Cheers, Dez

Canny believe anyone missed the penalty claim and canny believe anyone thinks it might not have been! Stonewaller!

Just wathced it on the BBC website and we dodged a bullet there! 100% total stonewaller and second booking for Klimpl!

Lady luck was smilling down on us on Sat - hope she is with us this week to break our live TV curse!

We should've had the game dead and buried, McLean and Sheridan's chances stand out but in the end, it doesn't matter. We're better than them and we can take fourth place. Plus, we won't lose another home game this season!

What you mean it was a clear foul on Klimpl!! Klimpl expertly manouvered himself to intercept the ball and Swanson bundled him over as he was about to step away with it at his feet and spring a counter attack. :lol: