Ross County v Motherwell now Tuesday 04/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Ross County are a hard team to beat on their own patch. Much like their start last season, their results so far this season bely the way they have been playing. A point would be a decent result. 3 would be outstanding. Maintaining our level of performance and style if play is the most important thing for me. Be nice to see Louis make the bench and get a 10 min cameo at the end.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

A tough run of games coming up, would be nice to get something from this.

You might even say it’s imperative when you see our 6 fixtures after the Ross County game:

Hearts (H); Celtic (A); Hibs (A); Rangers (H); Aberdeen (H) Dundee Utd (A).

All the “big 6 city clubs”.  It’s a tall order to try and get points from that run.

36 minutes ago, El Grew said:

You might even say it’s imperative when you see our 6 fixtures after the Ross County game:

All the “big 6 city clubs”.  It’s a tall order to try and get points from that run.

Have you seen Hibs and Aberdeen this season? And Dundee United didn't exactly look up to much on Saturday..  Hearts will be playing us between two European games. There's plenty of points to be had in that run of games if we perform as we can...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

I've seen nothing to suggest we can't take points off Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. In fact, I'd be looking for 3 pts from at least 2 of those.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Our away record in the league against Ross County: 

P16  W7  D3  L6  GF20  GA 23

Very close one to call.

Thats actually pretty decent. I wouldnt have said our record up there was anywhere near as good as that.  

7 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Thats actually pretty decent. I wouldnt have said our record up there was anywhere near as good as that.  

There's a couple of teams that seem that way. For me, Livi is the other one. I know we have a good record against them, even away from home, but it never quite feels like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Have you seen Hibs and Aberdeen this season? And Dundee United didn't exactly look up to much on Saturday..  Hearts will be playing us between two European games. There's plenty of points to be had in that run of games if we perform as we can...

Exactly I would fancy our chances against hearts at home and there's absolutely no reason why we can't go and get a positive result at easter road and tannadice,we've won already at pittodrie so there's nothing to fear there either playing at home.i don't expect anything against the old firm clubs but if we actually have a go at rangers then who knows,they don't look great at the back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, El Grew said:

Outside the old firm I tend to think there are always opportunities to gain points, much of a muchness in my view.

6 hours ago, mfc said:

Exactly I would fancy our chances against hearts at home

Last 5 league games vs Hearts at Fir Park we have won 4 lost 1. And the loss was 0 - 1. Some teams are just a good match up and Hearts at home has been one of those in recent times.

20 hours ago, El Grew said:

It's 9 games in a row versus city clubs. 

We have Celtic in the cup between Rangers and Aberdeen then Hearts (a) and Celtic (h) after Tannadice.

Other than the glasgow two,I don't get the whole city mentality as if they are games we should be fearing and expecting not much from they games,we have more than held our own against the so called city clubs in the 30 odd years I've been following us.if the day ever comes when I don't think we can beat hearts at home and go and get a result in dundee,it's the day I will jack it in all together.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Moult is on the bench for the reserves so we should see him in the squad for this.

Edit - He was an unused sub. Maybe he didn't fancy getting drenched. 

He came on as a sub in 71 mins.....

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/09/06/reserves-motherwell-4-0-queens-park/