Motherwell v Aberdeen 22/10/2022

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

I’m not convinced Morris would offer much even at left mid, but I agree that that’s where he should play if he does play.

As for Moult, if he can’t get up to the required level of fitness then we should be terminating his loan as all he is doing is taking up space on the treatment table.

Don't be surprised if we have a season loan that can't be cancelled Burton probably wanted that in so we picked up the wage due to his injury issues.Suspect it was same with Aaron's aswell.

Hammel said last night  that Moult is seeking medical advice for on going injuries what they are no clue also KVV picked up a knock at the end of the game last night but hopes he is okay for Saturday.

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Don't be surprised if we have a season loan that can't be cancelled Burton probably wanted that in so we picked up the wage due to his injury issues.Suspect it was same with Aaron's.

Don’t be surprised if there is a clause in the contract that allows us to terminate loan deal during winter break. That is just as plausible given his injury record. 

Either way it would be a bummer as we all would like him to be even half the player he was last time around. 

You would certainly hope the club would have insisted in some kind of break clause in the deal given the gamble it was to bring him in. And going by Hammell’s comments about Moult seeking medical advice for ongoing injuries then it doesn’t sound too promising.

I’m starting to get Ross McCormack vibes about Moult if I’m honest.

It’s a real shame given the guy is still not that old, it was a risk given the limited number of games he’s played over the years, that was not going to change just because he came back up north. We need strikers that can play for 90 minutes on a regular basis.

24 minutes ago, ppower said:

Bad knee injury. He wont play many games for us. Came on as a sub and now injured again.  Off load him asap. Just taking a wage 

I’m personally happy to see him given more time dependant on the loan arrangements. IF he’s ever fit he’s an asset but obviously there come a point that we need to cut our losses.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

I’m personally happy to see him given more time dependant on the loan arrangements. IF he’s ever fit he’s an asset but obviously there come a point that we need to cut our losses.

I would give him until the World Cup break. At that point he will have been here over two months and if he is not up to the required fitness levels then we should part ways. 

We all know he has ability but we also know that he has serious injury issues. We cannot afford to keep pinning our hopes on him suddenly regaining fitness. 

• Like 1

What about playing O’Donnell at full back with McGinn in front or vice versa, gives us a strong right hand side, let’s be honest Efford, Sheilds and Morris are pish, we are looking to win games play your strongest players common sense.

13 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

What about playing O’Donnell at full back with McGinn in front or vice versa, gives us a strong right hand side, let’s be honest Efford, Sheilds and Morris are pish, we are looking to win games play your strongest players common sense.

I still think Efford has something about him.

8 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

So what would team and formation be? I started to think about it and it got messy 

6 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

So what would team and formation be? I started to think about it and it got messy 

I agree I have tried to move players about then it turns into a mess.I did think two wing backs with  Penney and O Donnell see how it goes.Also someone playing off or with KVV he is not a player that's up for running about and an Efford or Tierney might take load off a bit.

This 4-2-3-1 we are playing is just not happening  for me would rather play with two wing backs than two wingers.

Kelly

McGinn,Sol,Lamie

O,Don.                                          Penney

Goss,Spittial, Slattery

Efford or Tierney(Just playing off)

Kvv

2 hours ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I agree I have tried to move players about then it turns into a mess.I did think two wing backs with  Penney and O Donnell see how it goes.Also someone playing off or with KVV he is not a player that's up for running about and an Efford or Tierney might take load off a bit.

This 4-2-3-1 we are playing is just not happening  for me would rather play with two wing backs than two wingers.

Kelly

McGinn,Sol,Lamie

O,Don.                                          Penney

Goss,Spittial, Slattery

Efford or Tierney(Just playing off)

Kvv

McGinn   Sol   Lamie   Penny

O’Donnell   Goss   Slattery

Effords    KVV   McKinstry

I think I’d go along the lines of above. Despite our basic mistakes at the back I think the back four picks itself. If they can just cut out the basic mistakes we will be great. Goss has to be in the middle and KVV has to be middle in attack. The ready is up for discussion. So I’d say we have 7 players penciled in and need another 4 to fill in the gaps around them. The four players I’d like to see would be Cornelius, Slattery, O’Donnell, Effords, but not sure I could pick a good formation when adding those 4 

Looking for some advice. I'm having to go to and leave the game from a totally different direction from normal (for me) today.  Is there roadworks/congestion on the northbound M74 junction at the Clyde Bridge. Where is the best place to park  for access to Airbles Road? Thanks.

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Looking for some advice. I'm having to go to and leave the game from a totally different direction from normal (for me) today.  Is there roadworks/congestion on the northbound M74 junction at the Clyde Bridge. Where is the best place to park  for access to Airbles Road? Thanks.

Be careful with airbles road as only 1 lane from roundabout to cemetery, could be busy after match......"grizzlyg.....eye in the sky"