Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

We certainly need to change things for this game. More of the same simply won't do. How often do we say that on these fora? Even with our limited squad size, Hammell has options  - maybe not all of them advisable though. Making too many changes at one time could be disruptive and counterproductive.

Oxborough for an off form Kelly?

Switch McGinn and Johnston?

Drop Lamie and reinstate Sol?

Bring in the seemingly out of favour O'Donnell?

Swap Cornelius for Spittal?

Swap Crankshaw  for Shields?

Bring in Mandron (if fit)

Find a place somewhere for Tierney, but not behind KVV.

Danzaki?

With ross county playing the day before and Killie and utd playing each other on the same night as us,this set of fixtures will be crucial,as for the score,fuck knows,were that bad that I don't even fancy us at home to the likes of st johnstone.

Been on here since the Welltrust FC days, if MJC predicts a win it causes a ripple in the space-time continuum.   Motherwell have, in fact, *never* won a game where MJC hasn’t predicted a loss beforehand.

In life, it’s nice to have something you can depend on…😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

We certainly need to change things for this game. More of the same simply won't do. How often do we say that on these fora? Even with our limited squad size, Hammell has options  - maybe not all of them advisable though. Making too many changes at one time could be disruptive and counterproductive.

Oxborough for an off form Kelly? - No.

Switch McGinn and Johnston? - SOD to LB and McGinn to RB. Johnston isn't ready for the shitfight yet. 

Drop Lamie and reinstate Sol? - Drop Lamie into the bin with Sol. Both are shite and cost us goals most weeks.

Bring in the seemingly out of favour O'Donnell? - Yes. That he is still warming the bench is baffling. 

Swap Cornelius for Spittal? - Yes. Spittal is rubbish.

Swap Crankshaw  for Shields? Obviously. And send Shields away for good. He's hopeless. 

Bring in Mandron (if fit) - Yes. KVV was anonymous as a striker yesterday. 

Find a place somewhere for Tierney, but not behind KVV. - Yes. He's a player.

Danzaki? - Yes. 

Answers above.

10 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I would go 3 - 5 - 2

Kelly

Mcginn Blaney Lamie.......Johnston and O'Donnell wing backs.  3 midfielders of Cornelius, Tierney and Danzaki.  Mandron (if fit) and KVV

No place for mckinstrey our most creative/effective player over the last month or so..mmm ok then

I was honestly optimistic our fortunes would change with the new additions that we added. Parking up outside St Midden park on Saturday and then seeing the line up honestly was like a kick to the stones as all optimism for the day quickly departed seeing the same old same old. Obviously injuries happen and you can't do much about the international clearance issue but those two teams would get football stopped.

Anyway, hoping Mandrons injury is just minor and he'll be back for this. It'll be interesting to see if we have anymore new faces added by then. 

St Johnstone have lost 7 games on the bounce, we have been very charitable to Killie, County amongst many others and helped Hibs and St Mirren end keech runs, please just win a game. A win will pull them right in the mix and we would have a game in hand but if they win the go seven points clear.

County face Hibs on Tuesday so hopefully the side from Leith can do is a favour.

I don't think any of the four teams stuck at the bottom have the quality to go on a great wee run as it stands. I think it's going to be one of those frustrating situations where when we dig out a valuable win one of the teams around as will match that. Kinda like County did in the 2014/15 season.

41 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Whoops!!! I apologize, totally forgot McKinstry. Scrap that. McKinstry ahead of Tierney 

Oh man, you've just enraged 90% of motherwell twitter. Tierney is the current beneficiary of the "less you play the better you get" rule :-)

Not saying I don't like him, but we will struggle to carry a physical lightweight in a team of mental lightweights. If we can get a midfielder with a set of nuts, it would probably allow Tierney to play. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Tierney is the current beneficiary of the "less you play the better you get" rule 🙂

Not saying I don't like him, but we will struggle to carry a physical lightweight in a team of mental lightweights. If we can get a midfielder with a set of nuts, it would probably allow Tierney to play. 

Not fully convinced of him yet. He's got potential but needs to beef up and get more physical (Hammy's words in part). The problem I have is where to play him. Any time he's been in the gap behind KVV he's played too deep and failed to support him.

5 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Oh man, you've just enraged 90% of motherwell twitter. Tierney is the current beneficiary of the "less you play the better you get" rule 🙂

Barry Maguire off to Dundee 

15 hours ago, pretzel said:

I was honestly optimistic our fortunes would change with the new additions that we added. Parking up outside St Midden park on Saturday and then seeing the line up honestly was like a kick to the stones as all optimism for the day quickly departed seeing the same old same old. Obviously injuries happen and you can't do much about the international clearance issue but those two teams would get football stopped.

Anyway, hoping Mandrons injury is just minor and he'll be back for this. It'll be interesting to see if we have anymore new faces added by then. 

St Johnstone have lost 7 games on the bounce, we have been very charitable to Killie, County amongst many others and helped Hibs and St Mirren end keech runs, please just win a game. A win will pull them right in the mix and we would have a game in hand but if they win the go seven points clear.

County face Hibs on Tuesday so hopefully the side from Leith can do is a favour.

I don't think any of the four teams stuck at the bottom have the quality to go on a great wee run as it stands. I think it's going to be one of those frustrating situations where when we dig out a valuable win one of the teams around as will match that. Kinda like County did in the 2014/15 season.

Exactly how I felt. I said I thought Saturday was pivotal in our season before the game. Couldn't believe his line up and he stuck with it far too long. I left convinced more than ever we are a done deal this year. When a manager has options, albeit it limited, and sticks with the same tried tested failures that have let us down all season just finished me. SH hasn't got what we need,  abysmal team selection and not even trying to change it until it's too late and we can't get rid of him. I expect to watch our fate painful as it is role out and away from us.

Wednesday will be another painful watch where we forlornly keep a watch on other games to save us rather than save ourselves. An utterly depressing boring season that will not have improved any by Thursday morning.