Motherwell V St Johnstone 01/02/2023

Kmcalpin

I felt so sorry for Danzaki, the guy  was trying to run the channels get into space but absolutely no one even looked in his direction the full time he was on the park. Absolutely shameful from Goss and Slattery. 

Other new guys looed like they were trying but they couldn't make up for the shambles that is the rest of the team.

Was really worried with Blaney going of. He is calm and composed and always try to find a player with his passes and tried to get some forward runs.

Crankshaw must wonder wtf he has to do to get some support when he tries to go forward as everyone else just sat back. That ball across the front of goal KVV should have broke his neck trying to get to but he just never gambled that Crankshaw would win the ball.

KVV, Kelly, Slattery and Goss are needing long spells on the bench

17 minutes ago, star sail said:

I do wonder if it is worth almost accepting relegation and giving SH time to build his team and get the experience that would come with it but our support will not allow that. I don't think any support in the world would.

Since Hammell took over, many players have regressed and none have improved. The team is no better now than it was last August and if anything its worse. He has also failed to address glaring weaknesses in defence and midfield. On top of that to have a weaker defence at the end of the window than when it opened is incredible. If the worst happens, there's absolutely no evidence that Hammell has what it takes to bring us back up. 

• Like 1

Absolutely appalling tonight. Possibly the worst run I can recall. The squad has regressed game on game now. Almost all of them are simply not good enough or just not up for the fight, and the manager is clearly beyond clueless now. I don't see how this will end any other way than 12th place. 

Danzagi - Largely anonymous. Was making runs off the ball etc, but barely got a touch

Furlong - One or two slack passes, but seemed steady enough.

Obika - Couple decent bits of hold up, but ball was just being launched at his head.

Aitchison - Nothing really to note that I can remember

4 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Couldn’t make tonight but what was the early thoughts on the new signings?

Difficult to judge on one game.  

Aitchison - sloppy for first goal but looked busy and showed some nice touches.

Danzaki - nice touches but hard to judge when you have Goss and Slattery alongside you 

Furlong - came on at half time and didn't do anything wrong

Obika - nearly concussed after 20 seconds but a big unit and if we get good service to him could do a job

7 minutes ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Couldn’t make tonight but what was the early thoughts on the new signings?

Danzaki - technical and intelligent looking player and would benefit from being surrounded by likeminded players

Obika - fairly immobile big target man who had unforgiving balls launched at him and then nobody ran off him

Furlong - too early too tell

Aitchison - ran his socks off although I don't really think he knew how/where he was meant to play tonight

25 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I felt so sorry for Danzaki, the guy  was trying to run the channels get into space but absolutely no one even looked in his direction the full time he was on the park. Absolutely shameful from Goss and Slattery. 

Other new guys looed like they were trying but they couldn't make up for the shambles that is the rest of the team.

Was really worried with Blaney going of. He is calm and composed and always try to find a player with his passes and tried to get some forward runs.

Crankshaw must wonder wtf he has to do to get some support when he tries to go forward as everyone else just sat back. That ball across the front of goal KVV should have broke his neck trying to get to but he just never gambled that Crankshaw would win the ball.

KVV, Kelly, Slattery and Goss are needing long spells on the bench

Were van veen and O'Donnell injured? Should have been  busting a gut trying to help the new guys ? Allied to the fact , they're not that good, we are down, I think

Usually try to see positive signs but theyre were none 

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Were van veen and O'Donnell injured? Should have been  busting a gut trying to help the new guys ? Allied to the fact , they're not that good, we are down, I think

Usually try to see positive signs but theyre were none 

from what I have been told Van Veen is NOT injured, far from it and it is absolutely everything to do with his application and lack of movement.

If I had been an independent spectator today I would have genuinely wondered if O'Donnell had deliberately played badly as a bet/laugh as his performance was that bad.

20 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

The players and management team are sucking the life and soul out of the old place.

You forgot the soon to be departing Burrows and the shit show Board who fault it REALLY is for appointing an amateur shortly before the season started.  Shame on these arseholes.

5 minutes ago, Well Well said:

from what I have been told Van Veen is NOT injured, far from it and it is absolutely everything to do with his application and lack of movement.

If I had been an independent spectator today I would have genuinely wondered if O'Donnell had deliberately played badly as a bet/laugh as his performance was that bad.

Hopefully both are benched for a while, pointless playing these guys ...

That was really pathetic, getting beat by a piss poor St Johnstone team who had lost seven games on the bounce and we never laid a glove on them. We have passed up fantastic opportunities to climb up the table and blow it time and time again. Less than 24 hours ago it was nice to see the new additions arrive and while I appreciate they still have to gel, it's hard to see how we get out of this mess.