Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

31 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

He needs to go - it’s a joke and easily as bad as GA and SH time at the club .

need to move on now , let SK and his backroom team return to punditry .

het rid of Dawes and bring in the new manager ahead of Xmas to give time to assess and find Jan signings 

If I knew who the next manager was going to be, I might well agree, but I'm not convinced we won't be jumping into the fire if he goes. So, as long as the players continue to show fight (if hee haw else) I'll say stick with him.

And I fully realise how ridiculous that sounds after 13 winless games.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If I knew who the next manager was going to be, I might well agree, but I'm not convinced we won't be jumping into the fire if he goes. So, as long as the players continue to show fight (if hee haw else) I'll say stick with him.

And I fully realise how ridiculous that sounds after 13 winless games.

Experience I think is key.  SK has had something like 60 games in charge (excluding when he was co-joint boss) He may become a good manager but not showing any plan B at the moment. 

Compare that to say Ian Murray who has +300 games in management and a +42% win record.  Spend a few quid and bring in a decent manager willing to step up. 

I fail to see what good sticking with him could possibly do. In all my time watching the football I've never known a manager to turn around this kind of run. Even some of our best managers in recent times couldn't fix a spiral of form that on reflection wasn't even as bad as this one. 

It should be the end of the line for me I really can't seeing this change and it would would be utterly irresponsible of the board to give him the transfer window.

I really don't want to hear we are this much points off this much place above  we are joint 2nd bottom of the league ffs that's the matter of fact we haven't won a league game for over 3 months and don't look like we are winning one anytime soon.

Also these players have never gave up on Kettlewell that's just a poor excuse cause the amount of last 5 minutes goals we have scored doesn't tell me that's a team that's still willing to fight so clearly it's a management issue.

I would happily take a free hit against At Mirren and Rangers  if it involves getting a new manager in and a whole transfer window to try fix things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Experience I think is key.  SK has had something like 60 games in charge (excluding when he was co-joint boss) He may become a good manager but not showing any plan B at the moment. 

Compare that to say Ian Murray who has +300 games in management and a +42% win record.  Spend a few quid and bring in a decent manager willing to step up. 

I wouldn't be against Murray, if and when the time comes but like I said, I'm not sure we'd go for/get him (or similar). One thing's for sure, if we want a currently successful manager, he's gonnae come from a lower level.

12 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

It should be the end of the line for me I really can't seeing this change and it would would be utterly irresponsible of the board to give him the transfer window.

I really don't want to hear we are this much points off this much place above  we are 2nd bottom of the league ffs that's the matter of fact we haven't won a league game for over 3 months and don't look like we are winning one anytime soon.

Also these players have never gave up on Kettlewell that's just a poor excuse cause the amount of last 5 minutes goals we have scored doesn't tell me that's a team that's still willing to fight so clearly it's a management issue.

I would happily take a free hit against At Mirren and Rangers  if it involves getting a new manager in and a whole transfer window to try fix things.

So you want us to get beaten in next 2 games, so we get a new mgr? You're no really a supporter.

SK should do the decent thing and walk away . Yes the players are still with him but unfortunately lack quality is what has let him down . Once again the keeper has let the side down he should have been dropped weeks ago .Can’t possibly give him another transfer window  to bring in more dross

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

SK should do the decent thing and walk away . Yes the players are still with him but unfortunately lack quality is what has let him down . Once again the keeper has let the side down he should have been dropped weeks ago .Can’t possibly give him another transfer window  to bring in more dross

I think as some mentioned it would've been difficult to drop the captain today but going forward it's time to look at the keeper situation....

3 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

So you want us to get beaten in next 2 games, so we get a new mgr? You're no really a supporter.

No what I am saying is Kettlewell should leave and Clarkson or whoever should be in charge and they don't get anything out then so be it for whatever reason then aslong as we get a new permanent manager then fine.

Would never ever want the Well to lose whoever is in charge.

1 minute ago, Spit_It_Out said:

No what I am saying is Kettlewell should leave and Clarkson or whoever should be in charge and they don't get anything out then so be it for whatever reason then aslong as we get a new permanent manager then fine.

Would never ever want the Well to lose whoever is in charge.

Why put Clarkson in charge , that's never going to work 

43 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Not against considering Ian Murray or someone like him per se but worth pointing out his time at StMirren (“biggest” club he’s managed) was 23% win rate and gone in less than a year. 

26 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I don't think anyone thinks we are a good team but these points can possibly get us a gap over livi ...not ambitious but I'll take 11th place just now

Has it escaped your notice that we are 5 points ahead of Livingston but they have 2 games in hand!

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

That's now 13 games without a win, the last victory coming on 3 September. I'm beginning to think Kettlewell is Teflon. 

Four last minute equalisers plus coming from 0-2 down in Perth to draw have certainly helped his cause. Had we lost those games then we’d be one point ahead of Livingston with them having two games on hand over us. And that’s before you take into account the last minute winner against Kilmarnock back in August. 

Teams scoring last minute game changing goals will always be viewed as being lucky and in our case this season I think that’s a fair accusation. But at the same time the game lasts as long as it does until the final whistle blows and we have now managed to salvage potential dropped points in the dying minutes/seconds on no fewer than five occasions this season. A total of six points snatched in the 90th + minute. That’s quite impressive and points to a good, ‘fight to the death’ mentality within the team. We also scored a last minute leveller against Celtic at Fir Park in September only to concede a winner just seconds later so there definitely is some kind of ‘never say die’ mood in this team.

Our biggest problem though is that we just lack basic ability throughout the squad.

• Like 4