Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

Since we beat Hearts 0-1 on 3rd September, we’ve only won 1 game since against Livi. That's 4 months of almost complete failure, and I've no idea how anyone can defend that record and think Kettlewell is the manager for us. 

17 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Since we beat Hearts 0-1 on 3rd September, we’ve only won 1 game since against Livi. That's 4 months of almost complete failure, and I've no idea how anyone can defend that record and think Kettlewell is the manager for us. 

in his 39 games 

Won 16. (41%)
lost 12 (31%)
Drawn 11 (28%)

SH lost  57% of games
GA lost 41% of games
SR lost 40% of games. 

Appreciate the run of winning games isn't great but it's on par with other managers and our lost record is sigiificantly better.  

On paper it's hard to argue/debate why he should be sacked .  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

in his 39 games 

Won 16. (41%)
lost 12 (31%)
Drawn 11 (28%)

SH lost  57% of games
GA lost 41% of games
SR lost 40% of games. 

Appreciate the run of winning games isn't great but it's on par with other managers and our lost record is sigiificantly better.  

On paper it's hard to argue/debate why he should be sacked .  

I measure Kettlewell on this season. It was KVV who saved us last season. 

7 minutes ago, wellfan said:

He was some player that KVV, kept a number of clean sheets, defended really well under pressure and not only scored, but created all his own chances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

He was some player that KVV, kept a number of clean sheets, defended really well under pressure and not only scored, but created all his own chances.

Happy clapper. But that's okay. We need you. 

16 minutes ago, wellfan said:

KVV was under performing before Hammell got sacked. When SK took over KVV was revitalised as SK gave him a strike partner.  No doubt KVV was massive for us but I would say Butcher, Casey and Furlong were just as vital also 

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

We have only lost 2 of our last 8 and one of those was against Rangers.

Your welcome.

55 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Replacing KVVs goals hasnt been our problem.

Keeping them out has.

So your logic is poor.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I'm no happy clapper, but you seriously need some fuckin' help. 

59 minutes ago, wellfan said:

So, again, you give no credit to Kettlewell or any other players for the turn around last season. And let's just ignore the credit KVV gave his fellow players and Manager for his run of goals. And let's just ignore that KVV was one of the players that got us in the mess in the first place.

I like your balance though. Anything the team achieves is down to the players. Anything the team does not achieve is down to the Manager. 

4 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Jesus Christ lads. The happy clap is strong amongst you. I'm bowing out. 

Don't fancy explaining how one player single-handedly saved us last season after a managerial change? Don't blame you. 

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Don't fancy explaining how one player single-handedly saved us last season after a managerial change? Don't blame you. 

He scored in near enough every game. 

We had other strong performers but without KVV's goals and all round play we would have been down.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

He scored in near enough every game. 

We had other strong performers but without KVV's goals and all round play we would have been down.

The inference is though that if we still had KVV we and Kettlewell would be fairing much better.

Given that keeping goals out this season is our problem, not scoring, makes that patently false.

6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

So, what was his problem up until February?

The entire squad chucked it because Hammell and Kerr had zero management skills. He still scored 12 goals for Hammell. 

KVV is the 4th top scorer in the league for the whole of 2023 despite leaving in the summer. 17 goals this year.

7 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The inference is though that if we still had KVV we and Kettlewell would be fairing much better.

Given that keeping goals out this season is our problem, not scoring, makes that patently false.

We would.

It's much easier to play when you have a lead and we have spent the majority of the season chasing games. Van Veen created a lot as well as scoring which would help us as well.

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

KVV no longer plays for us. We move on.

Let's see what SK does this transfer window. Hopefully learned from mistakes and addresses areas that need improving

I think we can get him back. 

He's burnt his bridges in Holland. He's not rated in England. Hearts probably won't sell Shankland because of the European money. Burrows is too smart to sign ex Motherwell players for Aberdeen and put pressure on himself. Where else can he go?

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The entire squad chucked it because Hammell and Kerr had zero management skills. He still scored 12 goals for Hammell. 

KVV is the 4th top scorer in the league for the whole of 2023 despite leaving in the summer. 17 goals this year.

The entire squad wouldn't play for Hammell because they thought he was a hopeless manager? Fair enough. Obviously they didn't - and still don't - consider Kettlewell useless. Just some fans, win, lose or draw.

Just now, steelboy said:

I think we can get him back. 

He's burnt his bridges in Holland. He's not rated in England. Hearts probably won't sell Shankland because of the European money. Burrows is too smart to sign ex Motherwell players for Aberdeen and put pressure on himself. Where else can he go?

To be honest pal we can't afford him unless he is prepared to take huge wage cut. Plus Groningen would want a fee

20 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Are you taking the piss? I think you might be. I've been flying the KVV flag for some time.  

Or you're a cunt. 😘

Just now, wellfan said:

Are you taking the piss? I think you might be. I've been flying the KVV flag for some time.  

Or you're a cunt. 😘

You can read, obviously, but comprehension seems to be an issue for you. Simply saying Van Veen is brilliant and single handedly saved us doesn't begin to explain how that's the case. Is the limit of your argument really 'He scored goals'?