Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

13 minutes ago, Villageman said:

Kettlewell has to be replaced when contract ends no matter how the season ends. Every Well fan if asked could have said how an Imrie team would play. We sent out 15/16 players and not one of them looked as if they had been given any tactics except get the ball into their box by the shortest route. I hope someone on either MFC or WS boards is actively pursuing options. Sure Tuesday was an exception but I think RC and Adams was a huge influence there.

I don't agree. I think Stuart Kettlewell has a lot to give and I'll be hugely sorry if we lose him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Villageman said:

Kettlewell has to be replaced when contract ends no matter how the season ends. Every Well fan if asked could have said how an Imrie team would play. We sent out 15/16 players and not one of them looked as if they had been given any tactics except get the ball into their box by the shortest route. I hope someone on either MFC or WS boards is actively pursuing options. Sure Tuesday was an exception but I think RC and Adams was a huge influence there.

If we finish 6th, he has to be replaced?

6 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The next four games in February are against Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic, and Livi. After tonight's tactical masterclass and the inevitable battering that has given to the confidence, I don't see us picking up points anytime soon. 

I'm completely done with this regime. It's as devastatingly shite as it is predictable. 

Why is the battering to our confidence inevitable?

Just now, wellgirl said:

Like Alexander was? 

Alexander was replaced because of the awful January to May, followed by an equally awful start to the following season. If we finish 6th this season, our form will have improved significantly.

As always you are entitled to your opinion and I disagree with it. Just answer the question "has he and therefore Motherwell been successful this season so far" 

Kettlewell has only one style of football and when opposition managers negate that he has no other options.

Just now, bobbybingo said:

Alexander was replaced because of the awful January to May, followed by an equally awful start to the following season. If we finish 6th this season, our form will have improved significantly.

Not arguing over it. Just saying I think it's a bit odd that people are shouting for Kettlewells head right now. Nothing he does is good enough. Depressingly predicable 

1 minute ago, Villageman said:

As always you are entitled to your opinion and I disagree with it. Just answer the question "has he and therefore Motherwell been successful this season so far" 

Kettlewell has only one style of football and when opposition managers negate that he has no other options.

If that's in reply to me, you stated he has to be replaced no matter how the season ends. Not 'so far'. 

Dingwall aside, I‘ve pretty much stood by Kettlewell but tonight is a black mark. There’s little to dispute with the starting line up but the in-game management was poor. A change in personnel should have arguably happened at half time but to then make 3 subs as soon as it went 2-0 smacked of panic and whilst Devine and Vale made positive contributions, we played out the 95 mins with three centre halves and absolutely nothing in midfield. 

Kettlewell will see out the season and hopefully keep us in the league but both of our tame cup games exits have to be taken into consideration with respect to a contract renewal. In the meantime, he must refrain from pleading poverty for a while. We’ve once again thrown away a golden opportunity to earn a decent wedge of cash. 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Not arguing over it. Just saying I think it's a bit odd that people are shouting for Kettlewells head right now. Nothing he does is good enough. Depressingly predicable 

Yup, it's certainly predictable. 

Just now, witchfindergeneral said:

Can’t sack Kettlewell for this. Not his fault the players are cowards and Kelly has poppadom hands. Judge SK on where we finish at the end of the season. 

Yes, most of the players were shite tonight. However, most will probably agree with me that Kettlewell was outsmarted by Imrie tonight and that that was the genesis of the poor team performance. 

6 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Dingwall aside, I‘ve pretty much stood by Kettlewell but tonight is a black mark. There’s little to dispute with the starting line up but the in-game management was poor. A change in personnel should have arguably happened at half time but to then make 3 subs as soon as it went 2-0 smacked of panic and whilst Devine and Vale made positive contributions, we played out the 95 mins with three centre halves and absolutely nothing in midfield. 

Kettlewell will see out the season and hopefully keep us in the league but both of our tame cup games exits have to be taken into consideration with respect to a contract renewal. In the meantime, he must refrain from pleading poverty for a while. We’ve once again thrown away a golden opportunity to earn a decent wedge of cash. 

You heard it here first. Our failure to progress in two cups will see his contract renewed because we're 'too skint' to aspire for or afford something better. 

29 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The next four games in February are against Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic, and Livi. After tonight's tactical masterclass and the inevitable battering that has given to the confidence, I don't see us picking up points anytime soon. 

I'm completely done with this regime. It's as devastatingly shite as it is predictable. 

That's the issue. There's no more County at home and Livi at home is post split. Where's the next win coming from?

3 wins in 5 months and no wins all season really where we won an ugly game. We don't have the qualities to grind out a win and we can't outplay any team that's not in meltdown.  

Dougie Imrie showed everyone how to play against us tonight. We have nothing in the final third to break teams down and Kelly and Butcher are utterly chronic.

2 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If that's in reply to me, you stated he has to be replaced no matter how the season ends. Not 'so far'. 

No the reply was to Wellgirl but the point is the season so far I consider to be unsuccessful both in our league position, style of football, and our determination to stick with it. As tonight showed it is so easy to negate.

I see no point in sacking him now, neither do I have any optimism that the style will improve.

I get that we have two opposing opinions on this forum classed as "points off the top six and points off relegation" 

1 minute ago, wellfan said:

Do you think getting put out of the cup to a team in a lower league will lead to a surge in confidence? I don't.

I didn't suggest it would lead to a surge in confidence. You said it would lead to an inevitable battering to our confidence. Why is that inevitable?

Just now, Villageman said:

No the reply was to Wellgirl but the point is the season so far I consider to be unsuccessful both in our league position, style of football, and our determination to stick with it. As tonight showed it is so easy to negate.

I see no point in sacking him now, neither do I have any optimism that the style will improve.

I get that we have two opposing opinions on this forum classed as "points off the top six and points off relegation" 

Actually no. I just want the team to survive the same way as I have since I started supporting them. That doesn't mean I don't want us to do better than that but surviving is the main thing