Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

1 minute ago, Coatsy said:

What would the uproar on here be if he had changed the team after wining 5-0 on Tuesday and we had the same result!!!

To be fair to most on here, we’re used to not winning games under Kettlewell, but some are more tolerant of that fact than others. 

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

SK's primary issue is not having a decent plan B and being able to adjust mid match. 

Last night become obvious by 20 mins that we were being outfought.We should have changed formation in first 25 mins.

He waited until we were 2 down - that's a huge error.  

Then just brought on 3 strikers when it was obvious we had to break them down. 

There's a lot the manger does well and he has people playing for him but his in game mgt is poor. Hence the amount of draws & defeats. 

We were outfought on the night 2nd to every ball (you have to blame the poor players for that last night)would a half fit Halliday have made any difference earlier Who was there to bring on to change it.

Kelly throwing the ball into the net, lets face it Morton had themore experenced and better team on the pitch last night, what does that say about our standard and recruitment!

17 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

We were outfought on the night 2nd to every ball (you have to blame the poor players for that last night)would a half fit Halliday have made any difference earlier Who was there to bring on to change it.

Kelly throwing the ball into the net, lets face it Morton had themore experenced and better team on the pitch last night, what does that say about our standard and recruitment!

Yes, of course, we can blame a lot of the players for being shite and weak last night, but the manager had 90 whole minutes to affect change, yet he waited until we were 2-0 down in the second half before making any tactical changes or substitutions. He's the manager; he takes the lion's share of blame. And the less said about our recruitment, the better. 

4 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

I have been in, and am still in the camp to get rid of SK, his again shown lack of tactical nouce n complete inability of have a plan B yet again so well shown last night in that shit show performance, but the  financial mess we are in after spending a reported £1 million on a pitch that’s a mess, money on a women’s team that does sweet feck all for the club, n shite recruitment  dictates we can’t afford to sack SK, we have to just hope that we get 10th, get rid of the dross that’s taking a bigger wage the Obika, Kelly, and Odonnell’s of this world, and try n sign Gent on a perm deal, resign Slattery and pull out the stops to resign Spittal n extend McGinn who have been our best players n if someone offers money for Bair punt him, he’s scored 8 but missed at least 20 sitters, he’s just not a natural centre  forward.

Anyway enough of my moan and here’s hoping for 10th this season n move on to next year…with a CExec, new manager n new recruitment chief!

We are not going to get gent we can’t afford him unless Blackburn decide not to offer any contract if they do then we would have to pay a development fee and we don’t have the money for that it’s a non starter I think ..but SK has to go either now or at the end of the season he is clueless he won’t drop anyone playing shite Kelly has been for months but this 🤡 won’t drop him we are in a right mess at the moment and SK isn’t the only one needed punted out Nick Daws should have been binned when Alexander went he is 90% at fault with the majority of the utter dross we have signed 

Just now, dmsd said:

We are not going to get gent we can’t afford him unless Blackburn decide not to offer any contract if they do then we would have to pay a development fee and we don’t have the money for that it’s a non starter I think ..but SK has to go either now or at the end of the season he is clueless he won’t drop anyone playing shite Kelly has been for months but this 🤡 won’t drop him we are in a right mess at the moment and SK isn’t the only one needed punted out Nick Daws should have been binned when Alexander went he is 90% at fault with the majority of the utter dross we have signed 

Who would you fancy to replace him?

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Don’t know don’t know what managers are there out of contract or looking but at the moment a baboon is a better choice to SK 

Just now, wellfan said:

Who would you suggest? Either now or looking ahead to the summer when more choice might be available. 

No idea. I haven't suggested sacking Kettlewell, but I would've thought people who do want him gone might have some clue as to who they want. 

If he did go right now, I don't think there's much doubt they'd replace from within, so we're probably looking at Frail. 

There was a lot of talk about Ian Murray a few weeks back when Raith were doing well, but after 5 defeats on the bounce, I've read a lot of their fans criticising him on social media. Same stuff as we mump about - poor signings, poor team selection, poor tactics, no plan B. Even if we wanted him, he'd cost us, having just signed a 3 year extension.

If we can get some money into the club there's a chance we can go after a slightly higher level of player, which might attract a slightly higher level of manager. Without more spending power we're looking at rookies or folk like John Hughes, guys who'll take any job just to get back into management.

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

No idea. I haven't suggested sacking Kettlewell, but I would've thought people who do want him gone might have some clue as to who they want. 

If he did go right now, I don't think there's much doubt they'd replace from within, so we're probably looking at Frail. 

There was a lot of talk about Ian Murray a few weeks back when Raith were doing well, but after 5 defeats on the bounce, I've read a lot of their fans criticising him on social media. Same stuff as we mump about - poor signings, poor team selection, poor tactics, no plan B. Even if we wanted him, he'd cost us, having just signed a 3 year extension.

If we can get some money into the club there's a chance we can go after a slightly higher level of player, which might attract a slightly higher level of manager. Without more spending power we're looking at rookies or folk like John Hughes, guys who'll take any job just to get back into management.

The problem is, I don't think a team limping over the line and failing at every significant hurdle is going to prove an attractive asset to invest in come the summer. That's what I mean about sleepwalking into a disaster. We’re witnessing a long slow decay via this holding pattern we seem to have been in for some time now. I don't think we can afford to use the ‘we can't afford to change things’ reasoning anymore. We needed an injection of impetus weeks/months ago, but it isn't happening because those running the club are focusing on their exits. I'd do the same if I were them to be fair, but it's a complete mess and we, the fans, will suffer the consequences of ongoing poor decision-making on and off the field. But, maybe I'm wrong. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The problem is, I don't think a team limping over the line and failing at every significant hurdle is going to prove an attractive asset to invest in come the summer. That's what I mean about sleepwalking into a disaster. We’re witnessing a long slow decay via this holding pattern we seem to have been in for some time now. I don't think we can afford to use the ‘we can't afford to change things’ reasoning anymore. We needed an injection of impetus weeks/months ago, but it isn't happening because those running the club are focusing on their exits. I'd do the same if I were them to be fair, but it's a complete mess and we, the fans, will suffer the consequences of ongoing poor decision-making on and off the field. But, maybe I'm wrong. 

Could we find a better manager than Kettlewell? Absolutely. Could we find worse? Absolutely. 

The first thing we need to ensure this season is our survival in the Premier. Finishing 11th would be potentially disastrous, so any decision taken at this time has to be taken based on the likelihood of that happening, not how attractive our play is etc. That's why I think the summer would be the logical time for change, if change there's going to be. A look at the table shows we're not at the Hail Mary stage right now, and as far as alternatives go, I've yet to hear anyone put forward a realistic and exciting option.

I get what you're saying about the board not taking big decisions because they're off soon. It's out there now, everyone knows it's happening - that uncertainty must ring alarm bells with any manager offered the job.

• Like 1

Just shows you that you are only as good as your last game.  We have been improving and everyone happy and then a bad performance and suddenly SK must go. 

As I said in previous post he blundered badly last night and made mind boggling substitutions while still keeping a back 3. He is too loyal to some players and needs to grow a pair.

But this ain't time to get rid of him. Let's see where we are at end of season which hopefully is at least 10th in division. He is out of contract then so we would then decide is new contract deserved 

The time to decide SK's future is at the end of the season when we have a new CEO and Chairman in place.

They will be the decision makers going forward and wont want saddled with a manager they didnt pick or might not rate. Lets do things in the right order.

We just beat a direct rival 5-0 to put daylight between ourselves and the play off place.

We are sitting in 8th only 2 points off 6th. Sacking the manager right now would be absolutely mental.

Getting knocked out the Cup was sore and will cost the club financially. It shouldnt be ignored, but it doesnt change any of the foregoing.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The time to decide SK's future is at the end of the season when we have a new CEO and Chairman in place.

Agreed. After a brief period of respite, following our great win over a very very poor Ross County, I thought he had won me over, but last night convinced me otherwise. Not a one off disaster but it resulted from a combination of serious errors. I agree though  its too late to change now. The thing that concerns me most is that he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. 

Most of us are no managers, but even we could see a number of managerial failures and bad decisions. To be fair though  the players were not blameless. 

8 hours ago, dmsd said:

We are not going to get gent we can’t afford him unless Blackburn decide not to offer any contract if they do then we would have to pay a development fee and we don’t have the money for that it’s a non starter I think🤡

Don't think that development fees are a factor with cross-border transfers or has that rule changed?

9 hours ago, dmsd said:

Don’t know don’t know what managers are there out of contract or looking but at the moment a baboon is a better choice to SK 

I'm just going to say this quite plainly. You wrote every new signing we had off on another thread. Before they had even kicked a ball.

You also suggested that Bair wasn't good enough. As for your digs that Kettlewell isn't good enough and a baboon would be better this is the same Kettlewell who saved us last season. I have no time and I mean none for people who want to boot the team when they are on a bad run and I have even less time for people who do nothing but make snide digs at the manager and other posters on here. 

You are completely entitled to your opinion by the way. I just don't need to agree with it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

cant think of anybody myself at the moment BB  bur surley if we had a decent board and ceo in place they in turn would surely (i think ) always have a continual management sucsession plan,  not my argument just sticking my nose in cause i am having a dry boring sat nite :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I'm just going to say this quite plainly. You wrote every new signing we had off on another thread. Before they had even kicked a ball.

You also suggested that Bair wasn't good enough. As for your digs that Kettlewell isn't good enough and a baboon would be better this is the same Kettlewell who saved us last season. I have no time and I mean none for people who want to boot the team when they are on a bad run and I have even less time for people who do nothing but make snide digs at the manager and other posters on here. 

You are completely entitled to your opinion by the way. I just don't need to agree with it. 

wellgirl   put him on your ignore pile :) it must be that big now you will have nobody to type to :):) ps   if you answer this   then am not on that list :):):):):)

• Haha 1

Just now, smiddy said:

cant think of anybody myself at the moment BB  bur surley if we had a decent board and ceo in place they in turn would surely (i think ) always have a continual management sucsession plan,  not my argument just sticking my nose in cause i am having a dry boring sat nite :)

Yeah, they should always be planning ahead, but like the players, identifying decent targets is the easy part, getting them to come here is problematic. 

Just now, bobbybingo said:

Yeah, they should always be planning ahead, but like the players, identifying decent targets is the easy part, getting them to come here is problematic. 

yip but if candidate no1 knocks us back you then go to no2 etc someone always takes it + when its common knowledge your manager is away you always get applications (big yogi haha )   its just that we dont have a  permanant ceo and settled board   

Just now, wellgirl said:

You're not 

🤣 thanks     just let me know if we dont agree and we can discuss:) ps your spending far to much time getting involved in this pish talk                  youv got studying to do

Just now, smiddy said:

🤣 thanks     just let me know if we dont agree and we can discuss:) ps your spending far to much time getting involved in this pish talk                  youv got studying to do

I've just spent the last five hours writing an essay... It's due Tuesday. Which is my birthday so I need to try and crack on and get it submitted on Monday. Had to ask for an extension due to this broken nose. Also ... I honestly don't have an ignore list .  I'm sure people piss me off and I piss other people off but as someone said the other day we are all on the same side 

• Like 1