Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

I genuinely don't think it was deliberate. Are we really saying that our club and its management would willingly mislead its fans over a contract extension that was triggered 9 months ago?

It's a real indication of the, maybe not quite rudderless, but perhaps drifting nature of the leadership right now.

I think had any of the originally interviewed CEOs accepted the job, we (probably) wouldn't be in this situation. It's unfortunate that the potential for investment and everything that comes with that (e.g. bringing in their own CEO and other staff) has managed to align directly with the renewed interview process.

I don't think it was deliberate, but this mistake/oversight/whatever epitomises the disconnect felt between some fans and the club. It's not good enough at all. The WS Board was also unsighted, which seems bonkers.

As you indicate, it all feels a bit rudderless and has been for some time, and because of that, it feels like we could be walking into a significant point in time with our pants at our ankles due to not having a permanent CEO in place beforehand.

It may all be okay in the end, but the journey has been a bit of a mess, which may disenfranchise/disengage many fans. For me, I've never felt so much personal disconnect with the club or apathy towards it as I do now, and that's a real shame. We're (currently) a fan-owned club and should expect so much better in terms of the absolute basics.

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

The club made a mistake with the communication, they have now rectified it,  we move on

Not quite sure why 2 confused emojis appear....now I am confused....lol

I literally mean we get back to focussing on the pitch and hopefully a memorable victory on Sunday ( cue lots of more confused emojis) 😜😜😜

Stuart Kettlewell is doing the job to the best of his ability I do not doubt that .  Currently on a very poor run at the minute with 2 wins in the league from 22 albeit plenty of draws , those draws have saved his job and as the old saying goes if you can’t win best not to lose . We are at least harder to beat .  It is where we are at present .  Things have been poor in general on the park in the last 3/4 seasons . It started in the last days of Robbo who I was and still  a big fan of . The performances have improved since Christmas along with the form of Theo Bair , do believe he can easily hit 15 for the season now maybe more 

9 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

The club made a mistake with the communication, they have now rectified it,  we move on

yes grizzly but being a "fan owned club" it was a BIG mistake,     and one that really shouldnt happen, jesus even if we are run by a bowling green club committe    then even they wouldv put it up on there notice board, amatuerish at best

54 minutes ago, smiddy said:

yes grizzly but being a "fan owned club" it was a BIG mistake,     and one that really shouldnt happen, jesus even if we are run by a bowling green club committe    then even they wouldv put it up on there notice board, amatuerish at best

Just hope to feck Obika hasn't triggered a 4 yr extension!!

• Haha 1

I personally don't care that much about the Kettlewell contract issue not being made aware to fans. It's more concerning that he didn't seem to know which is how it's being suggested on social media. By the way. That isn't me saying it doesn't matter that fans weren't kept in the loop. But apparently he wasn't aware. If that is true that is grim. 

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I thought there were a few moaners on here but jeez Facebook is worse. Negative.com

Had to bite my tongue......or maybe fingers as typing involved 

It's nuts on there ... The we hate Kettlewell club. Most people on that page don't sound like they support the club at all ..  but they probably do. Facebook is just weird full stop at times 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

I personally don't care that much about the Kettlewell contract issue not being made aware to fans. It's more concerning that he didn't seem to know which is how it's being suggested on social media. By the way. That isn't me saying it doesn't matter that fans weren't kept in the loop. But apparently he wasn't aware. If that is true that is grim. 

Now THAT would really be something!

Bad enough that the fans and the Well Society didnt know, but the manager himself?

😳😳😳

2 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Now THAT would really be something!

Bad enough that the fans and the Well Society didnt know, but the manager himself?

😳😳😳

The official statement from the club said that they apologised to the fans and Stuart for not communicating the terms of the extension last year....so it's possible he did know he was being kept on. It's pretty ambiguous and it doesn't explain much at all. 

Tbh it will come as no suprise to folk that I'm happy with this as I'm his number one fan. 😂. It's all just a bit odd. I dunno. It's just more of a shit show at a time we don't need it in my view 

8 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Was that on Facebook by any chance?

3 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

The official statement from the club said that they apologised to the fans and Stuart for not communicating the terms of the extension last year....so it's possible he did know he was being kept on. It's pretty ambiguous and it doesn't explain much at all. 

Tbh it will come as no suprise to folk that I'm happy with this as I'm his number one fan. 😂. It's all just a bit odd. I dunno. It's just more of a shit show at a time we don't need it in my view 

Based on the discussions last night I would say it absolutely was not news to him.

The apology to him is, I assume, based on the fact it wasn't public knowledge and all that can (and has, I guess) come with that.

10 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Must be doing the rounds. I'm not sure how anyone could honestly believe the manager was unaware his contract had been extended.

If Kettlewell was unaware his contract has been extended I would have serious concerns about him managing our team.  Just been bad communication by club

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Must be doing the rounds. I'm not sure how anyone could honestly believe the manager was unaware his contract had been extended.

Graeme McGarry from the Herald has tweeted saying the statement looks as if Kettlewell didn't know his contract was being extended - it's just a poorly worded statement clearly 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Graeme McGarry from the Herald has tweeted saying the statement looks as if Kettlewell didn't know his contract was being extended - it's just a poorly worded statement clearly 

The wording didn't suggest Kettlewell was unaware his contract had been extended. It clearly stated this had been agreed when he signed the permanent deal - does McGarry really think it was necessary to clarify Stuart Kettlewell was one of the people who agreed to it and signed the contract on that basis? 

33 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If Kettlewell was unaware his contract has been extended I would have serious concerns about him managing our team.  Just been bad communication by club

I'd have serious concerns about him crossing the road by himself. I doubt even his harshest critic on here would imagine for one second he or his agent were oblivious to his contract situation.

The board left themselves wide open to criticism/ridicule on this and they deserve it. But when they did issue the statement and folk immediately began foaming online about Kettlewell getting a year's extension last night, you have to wonder if those fans are actually interested in anything other than moaning.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

The wording didn't suggest Kettlewell was unaware his contract had been extended. It clearly stated this had been agreed when he signed the permanent deal - does McGarry really think it was necessary to clarify Stuart Kettlewell was one of the people who agreed to it and signed the contract on that basis? 

Tbh I find his newsletters really depressing and I can't be bothered reading them anymore 

15 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I'd have serious concerns about him crossing the road by himself. I doubt even his harshest critic on here would imagine for one second he or his agent were oblivious to his contract situation.

The board left themselves wide open to criticism/ridicule on this and they deserve it. But when they did issue the statement and folk immediately began foaming online about Kettlewell getting a year's extension last night, you have to wonder if those fans are actually interested in anything other than moaning.

I completely agree. Apparently the entire board and Kettlewell have to get to fuck according to some people on social media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

You're rght Grizzly. Of course, SK knew his contract had been extended. It was probably part of his original contract and was results based.  However he probably felt, rightly, that it wasn't his job to make a public announcement about it. As you say just poor communication. If nothing else, you'd have thoughtthat someone at the club would monitor SO and P & B to pick up on any avoidable complaints/discussion centred on his contract ending this coming May.

• Thanks 1