• Kevin van Veen
    • Jonathan Obika
    • James Furlong
    • Callum Slattery
    • Bevis Mugabi
    • Stephen O'Donnell
    • Riku Danzaki

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/2023 at 03:00 PM

Two games in a row we have been given a really hard decision to make. I went with Goss because he is now influencing games with a littlle bit of skill but is also working hard off the ball.

Honourable mentions to Kelly, Butcher, Cornelius, Spittal & Obika. I could make a case for most of the team in all honesty.

Great to see the ball sticking to Obika and allowing him to link excellently with KVV, who really tired hard today too. Honourable mention to Spittal again  but I gave it to Butcher. Never put a foot wrong and is an organiser like Hartley. He and Casey make us seem a lot more secure in central defence, which has been one of our weaknesses.

Thought Obika had a much better game now that we realise we need to play it to his chest or feet. He held the ball up well, gave us secure possession and brought others into play. Oh, and he took his goal well.

KVV was outstanding again. The difference in his body language from just 2 weeks ago is incredible. Hopefully we can keep him motivated and firing on all cylinders for the rest of the season.

Spittal and Cornelius work rate for the team was incredible.

Goss, looks so much better when he has others around gim doing the donkeywork. His passing and distribition were excellent. 

The whole defensive unit were excellent. So much so Kelly barely had a save to make for most of the game.

But the stand out for me was Callum Butcher. Led the line well, strong, uncompromising, organised the backline and put his body on the line when it mattered. Oh how we have missed a player with his qualities.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Butcher for me, he had an excellent game, at last a solid enforcer and a bit of leadership in the defence, always shouting at the players etc, he should be captain instead of Kelly.

If he's already shouting and organising then he doesn't need that wee bit of cloth round his bicep. A more interesting question regards Butcher is what we do once we have more centre halfs fit. He was signed to be a midfield shield for the defence but he looks at home in the back three. So do we keep him there or play him in midfield..?

4 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

If he's already shouting and organising then he doesn't need that wee bit of cloth round his bicep. A more interesting question regards Butcher is what we do once we have more centre halfs fit. He was signed to be a midfield shield for the defence but he looks at home in the back three. So do we keep him there or play him in midfield..?

I guess thats a decision for a later date. Right now 3-5-2 seems to be the right fit for the available personnel. Going forward, when Blaney is fit, then maybe pushing Butcher into midfield will allow us to play differently.  Right now, it seems to be difficult to fit McKinstry, Danzaki or Tierney into the side. But horses for courses.......

PS I agree re the armband. You dont need it to be a leader......

That big man was immense , not only display and effort , he showed passion,  absolutely desire even and tbh they all did . Spittal , Goss ,Obika , Van Veen , Cornelius , Kelly , BUTCHER, Slattery what a tackle , I thought there were great as a TEAM  throughout. 

10 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

We keep butcher there to end of the season pay Rickie lamie a taxi to the Sahara desert and butcher carries on bossing the defence until we sign a cb to take his place to let him play midfield.

14 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

We keep butcher there to end of the season pay Rickie lamie a taxi to the Sahara desert and butcher carries on bossing the defence until we sign a cb to take his place to let him play midfield.

You'd send him to Tanadice?

• Haha 1

Everyone one of them played very well for me it was Obika who just looked so assured on the ball, thought Van veen upped his game with the fact he had a proper front man up there with him, Casey and Butcher were worthy mentions too for being solid at the back and finally Goss gets a shout out from me as he looks like a different player under Kettlewell.