2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

49 minutes ago, MJC said:

‘Fuck Hearts Wankers’

Horrific patter that was quite the thing on these boards back in the day. 

Fuck Hearts Wankers is horrific patter, but trotting out the same dribble week after week, season after season about getting beat and relegated isnt?🤔

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Yeah he was a decent player for them and considered a big prospect if I remember correctly. I’ve not followed his career so don’t know how things have gone for him since. 

He's played in League One since he moved down south. Burton Albion, MK Dons, Ipswich (very briefly) and Charlton. Decent level for us to recruit from these days, but the way things have been going, it'll probably fall through.

7 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Fuck Hearts Wankers is horrific patter, but trotting out the same dribble week after week, season after season about getting beat and relegated isnt?🤔

It would be if I actually did that. But I don’t though? Do I? :rolleyes:

If I think we’ll lose I predict a loss. If I think we’ll win I predict a win. And if I think we’ll be relegated then I’ll say it. I think this is the first season in years that I genuinely have come out and said that I think we will be relegated. In previous years I’ve said it was a possibility, which it certainly looked like for a while last season, but this year something feels different. 

13 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

He's played in League One since he moved down south. Burton Albion, MK Dons, Ipswich (very briefly) and Charlton. Decent level for us to recruit from these days, but the way things have been going, it'll probably fall through.

this would be an improved barrel  to some that we've fished in recent years.  Need more of these types of rumours to keep the glass half full. 

14 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

We just need to be determined and make sure we get the right players in.   Look at Dundee, they have just signed Astley on a 2 1/2 year deal from Everton.  They were never gonna give up on that transfer!! 

An undisclosed fee. Dundee chucking money about again? 

5 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I'm more than happy to deal in reality. We're a poor side, we didn't sign much quality in the summer, we look unlikely to bring much in during this window and our run without a win was the worst since Tommy McLean. I don't ignore or need to defend any of that.

However, when folk claim we can't score, reality shows otherwise. Reality shows the non footballer Theo Bair's goal return has been on a par with or better than anyone else signed by any of our potential relegation rivals. 

And here's the bigger picture - all the pissing and moaning in the world won't change the fact Kettlewell is not getting sacked. We got that straight from the top a week ago, but it clearly didn't register with everyone.

Glad to see that all the happy clappers liked your happy clappy post. Let's see how we all feel at 5pm on Saturday. 

6 hours ago, santheman said:

Feck me.

Been away for a few days and had a quick look in here.

Thought we had maybe been relegated to the Lowland League for financial mismanagement, our entire first team squad had emigrated to Australia or some Nigerian had emptied the Well Society bank account.

Think I'll go away again.

Post of the week!🍻

tell me this WTF is a happy clapper ??  see some people defined on here as one, but fuck me its fans forum type thingy so not everybodys opinion is the same, and some people type shite, but if we all thought the same it would be boring as feck     just asking for my pal whos as dour as fuck and wants to join to brighten his life up :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

tell me this WTF is a happy clapper ??  see some people defined on here as one, but fuck me its fans forum type thingy so not everybodys opinion is the same, and some people type shite, but if we all thought the same it would be boring as feck     just asking for my pal whos as dour as fuck and wants to join to brighten his life up :)

🤣 love it 

While it's good to hear rumours, as it shows we're actively working on targets, stories like the Scott Fraser one always make me nervous. We've seen County bring in a couple today and Dundee adding a defender from Everton. Done deals. We get a story that we're in for a player as he desperately wants to get back to Scotland but we haven't agreed any deal and there are still 'hurdles'. It could be that his agent has been a busy man and every team in Scotland knew his status already but half-expecting to see Fraser and Craig Levein grinning as Fraser holds aloft a St Johnstone scarf in the next few days.

• Like 1

Just now, wunderwell said:

He was then loaned to Cove Rangers in September 2022. After making 10 appearances with Cove, Johnston was recalled on 1 January 2023.

Just a reminder......

To be fair that was to play for us and not be sold or loaned on

7 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Pish, the big English Premiership clubs like Arsenal are ruthless in situations like this they have no problem with recalling a player then immediately sending him out on loan elsewhere. You can guarantee if Biereth is off to Sheffield Wednesday as mentioned they will be paying more if not all of his wage than we did so a financial benefit to Arsenal who don't give a feck about the effect recalling the player has on other teams.

So it would not have matterd if we were 5th as you say and playing well the recall would still have happened.

Think your wrong here spider. Biereth wages are miniscule in a club like arsenal and reason he is away is quite simply better league for him to be tested in. Relegation battle for us or Sheffield we'd in championship is really not a question to answer in level of player he will be playing with or against.  They would im sure be 3rd in our league easily. 

• David locked this topic