2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

whats all this talk bout james scott ?  could be a decent move if heez got over the bad injury he got a couple of weeks after he left us for hull,  anyway he will learn alot playing 2nd striker to VV,   lets face it big kevs running out of  gigs to go to and he was QUITE happy with us, burd n wain in glasgow, hoose in bothwell come on big yin stop teasing us 🥸

Winger or attacking centre midfield. A very good signing if he's recovered from injury. I'm not one to sign a player for the sake of it but I'd love for us to bring in a striker before the St Johnstone game.

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

A winger? We also need strikers and a centre-back. 

I think SK might be aware, but after losing Slattery and Spencer, we also needed to fill those spots.

Mainly a left winger, so chances are he'd be in the spot Gent played in against Alloa. There was mention of him having played through the middle recently, but most of his games have been out wide.

So 3 of our 4 signings so far are lefties, which is my favorite footedness.

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Here'sssssssss Johnny!!!!!

Whoops ....wrong Nicholson.    Could be a good signing,  good luck Sam

Copy and paste, copy and paste. Please .

2 hours ago, smiddy said:

whats all this talk bout james scott ?  could be a decent move if heez got over the bad injury he got a couple of weeks after he left us for hull,  anyway he will learn alot playing 2nd striker to VV,   lets face it big kevs running out of  gigs to go to and he was QUITE happy with us, burd n wain in glasgow, hoose in bothwell come on big yin stop teasing us 🥸

There's a rumour we are keen to sign him

However, that linked article also reports that St Mirren, Dundee and Ross County are in the hunt.

• Like 1

I think nicholson will be a decent signing for us,he had the ability to beat a man when he was at hearts so hopefully he still has that in his locker.it will be interesting to see if kettlewell is going to really freshen up our attack and opt for a couple of wide players in the squad,especially if there's any truth in the rumour that we're interested in scott.i still think we need another striker and a centre half,if we can do that plus miller back from injury,the second half of the season might not be so bad as it felt it could be.

1 minute ago, Stevie73 said:

Heard Scott has signed for St Midden,  dodged a wee bullet there, need someone more direct 

Perhaps given his injury record but we aren’t blessed with options up front and we need to address this asap.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

St Mirren do seem to have some cash to throw about just now. 

According to the guy the runs pie and bovril he previously mentioned that they apparently offered significantly more than us to sign the likes of O'Hara and Mandron. Seems like Lasley is taking the Dempster approach. 

Not too fussed on James Scott as he wasn't the finished article when he left us and hasn't seemed to have kicked on in anyway. 

• Like 1

I think If anything James Scott has regressed since leaving us. I really liked him at fir park, thought he had loads of potential but it seems to have went t1ts up for him. 
reading that Exeter fans had taken a big dislike to him and booed him on when he come on as sub the other week. Not seen that since the days of Andy Roddie. 
we may well be a dodged bullet 

• David locked this topic