2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

If/when we don’t get our preferred targets then we are forced to play our youth. This might provide a good sink or swim platform for those guys and we might even save ourselves money if they start knocking in goals. This of course is a big if. Either way it looks like a dogfight at the bottom of the table for us

57 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

If this is true it could push SK over the edge 🤣

Screenshot_20240201_163537_WhatsApp.jpg

Notts County haven't paid a penny in transfer fees this season, so there's no chance they're coughing up quarter of a million for Jack Vale.

2 minutes ago, Erskine Alpha said:

If/when we don’t get our preferred targets then we are forced to play our youth. This might provide a good sink or swim platform for those guys and we might even save ourselves money if they start knocking in goals. This of course is a big if. Either way it looks like a dogfight at the bottom of the table for us

To be fair we've been in a relegation dogfight every year apart from a few as long as I've been watching Motherwell (a long time).

3 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Good news 

kvv will be at FP at the weekend 

bad news

he won’t be in our dressing room 

if we can’t match up to st mirren or killie in terms of salary when we’re running small squad I seriously worry about our way forward as a club 

To be fair. As someone pointed out on twitter a few days ago St Mirren are getting bigger crowds than us just now. More gate money coming in. Its always going to be tough for a club like Motherwell given that we are fan owned and have a relatively small core support 

10 minutes ago, steelboy said:

They are a charity. They can't give St Mirren money. 

That's correct. You are right.

I think what we can take away is they spent 1.4 million less than us in salaries.

We lost a million, they broke even and just wait until we publish 2023 in line with them.

2 manager sackings and panic buys to stay in the league.
That for me is why they are stronger just now and we are tightening up the purse strings.

The board cant lose 7 figures two years in a row of "our money" in some ways.
So get used to our new tighter squad whilst we work towards Break Even.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Questions need to be asked. 

We pay out more on wages than St Mirren or Killie going by accounts but we can't afford to make KVV a decent offer despite being very low on numbers?

Can we ask the questions if and when he signs for either of them?

7 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Good news 

kvv will be at FP at the weekend 

bad news

he won’t be in our dressing room 

if we can’t match up to st mirren or killie in terms of salary when we’re running small squad I seriously worry about our way forward as a club 

Who says we can't maybe we have a different value of his worth or do we keep bidding to knock the others out. There are so many scenarios that we will never know but I'm bored with KVV now let's move on

Questions need to be asked. 

We pay out more on wages than St Mirren or Killie going by accounts but we can't afford to make KVV a decent offer despite being very low on numbers?

To be fair. We don't know the offer that Motherwell made. 

Just now, FirParkCornerExile said:

Who says we can't maybe we have a different value of his worth or do we keep bugging to knock the others out. There are so many scenarios that we will never know but I'm bored with KVV now let's move on

I am as well. Seriously as much as I rate big Kev I wish he would just sign for someone and we can move on from this 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

To be fair. As someone pointed out on twitter a few days ago St Mirren are getting bigger crowds than us just now. More gate money coming in. Its always going to be tough for a club like Motherwell given that we are fan owned and have a relatively small core support 

Correct look at the correlation of the league table.

The bottom four are in exact order, the bottom four.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Who says we can't maybe we have a different value of his worth or do we keep bugging to knock the others out. There are so many scenarios that we will never know but I'm bored with KVV now let's move on

We have 1 striker are in are in a relegation battle. He surely has to be worth more to us than he is to Killie or St Mirren?

We have 1 striker are in are in a relegation battle. He surely has to be worth more to us than he is to Killie or St Mirren?

Again your not wrong but as I've guessed at earlier I think accounts are going to be grim reading for last season.
So I think the board will not budge and do this two years in a row to save our season.

4 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

As someone pointed out on twitter a few days ago St Mirren are getting bigger crowds than us just now. More gate money coming in. 

The difference in gate mmoney is chickfeed. Not a factor here. 

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

That's assuming he has the kind of spell he had with us before he moved on. 

• Like 1

• David locked this topic