Motherwell v Rangers 18/03/2023

SteelmaninOZ

23 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

If Kelly has genuine international aspirations he's going to have to improve massively on his distribution.

Punts up the park don't cut it at higher levels in the modern game and I'm sure the Scotland team will have a big red mark against him on that.

It might even be the reason he's not been capped when his general form was better.

add to that hees shite at coming for crosses  ie in the big sieb / randolph way     i would say 3rd choice at present is fair, but if another keeper shows well       he will be the fist one ooot    

13 minutes ago, smiddy said:

add to that hees shite at coming for crosses  ie in the big sieb / randolph way     i would say 3rd choice at present is fair, but if another keeper shows well       he will be the fist one ooot    

He may well be 3rd choice at the moment if you think bringing in Gunn was the correct decision but he should have at least 1 or 2 caps to his name by now if Clarke was in any way competent.

Excellent club form is never a guarantee of excellent international form, but nobody could deny that he should have been tried out in some of the games he's been called up for, the Same applies to a fair few of the outfield players as well.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 6:03 PM, Spiderpig said:

He may well be 3rd choice at the moment if you think bringing in Gunn was the correct decision but he should have at least 1 or 2 caps to his name by now if Clarke was in any way competent.

Excellent club form is never a guarantee of excellent international form, but nobody could deny that he should have been tried out in some of the games he's been called up for, the Same applies to a fair few of the outfield players as well.

your correct thats on clarke    weve played numerous friendlies and no other keeper except gordon played    he breaks his leg and no other cant has been tried       so go begging to gunn to come and play with us ,   now is that because the goalkeeping coach ( chris woods )  doesnt fancy zander or liam          anybodys guess

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 8:50 PM, Happy Dosser said:

For so many seasons we haven't expected much from a direct free kick and now we have Goss, KVV and Slatts.

I'm presuming our new manager must have had an input to this turnaround.

I've been going to games since 1982 and the first scored free kick goal I actually remember was, I think, Eric Garcin!

There was certainly a long period when we didn't score any.  I remember Stevie Kirk going close a few times including an excellent Jim Leighton save at Easter Road.

If any one wants to refresh my memory feel free!

21 hours ago, weeyin said:

The only thing rarer than a 20-goals-in-a-season scorer at Motherwell is one that moves on and repeats that form elsewhere.

Yes: I can think of Higdon and Moult immediately.

Having said that, if KVV got a big payday somewhere  at this stage in his career then it wouldn't really matter if his new  club's investment  wasn't really worth it in the end. Having played for clubs like Scunthorpe and Northampton you couldn't really begrudge  a 31-y-o a golden sunset before retirement.

Having said that, let's hope he stays and leads us to a cup victory next season 😀.

1 hour ago, Happy Dosser said:

Yes: I can think of Higdon and Moult immediately.

Having said that, if KVV got a big payday somewhere  at this stage in his career then it wouldn't really matter if his new  club's investment  wasn't really worth it in the end. Having played for clubs like Scunthorpe and Northampton you couldn't really begrudge  a 31-y-o a golden sunset before retirement.

Having said that, let's hope he stays and leads us to a cup victory next season 😀.

Even Wullie P didnt reach the same levels at United and Hearts as he did with us. Although he got closer than most. 

John Sutton is another one......

• Like 1