Heavy Hands, Empty Stands...

David

46 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Genius move from the Bois to stage a boycott whilst the Rangers fans have a protest inside the ground. 

Aye a great protest....we'll go in stand at the back for 15 mins then go to our seats that will really get our point across whatever the feck it was anyway, 

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Again, unfounded claims. The ‘bois’ involve themselves in stupid behaviour both in and out the stadium is a misnomer - suggests you know little despite seeing it with your own eyes.

I explained the reason that it’s myth as it has happened when no disorder of any kind was evident. Hardly a strange slant.

Problem been further compounded today we hear with access granted to the away support for a display.

Club owners should be taking note.

Aye ok then

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Again, unfounded claims. The ‘bois’ involve themselves in stupid behaviour both in and out the stadium is a misnomer - suggests you know little despite seeing it with your own eyes.

So who invades the pitch from that section in the ground then, sets flares off, winds up the stewards, etc, etc if not the "bois"? We all watch it from other parts of Fir Park or away grounds and any "Stupid behaviour" as you put it always  seems to emanate from them, is there a special Troll squad within block E giving the others a bad name?

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

So who invades the pitch from that section in the ground then, sets flares off, winds up the stewards, etc, etc if not the "bois"? We all watch it from other parts of Fir Park or away grounds and any "Stupid behaviour" as you put it always  seems to emanate from them, is there a special Troll squad within block E giving the others a bad name?

It’s been said before, obvious some watching what they want to see.

Ain’t nobody condoning what you’re terming ‘stupid behaviour’ either and it’s certainly not the argument they’re having with a certain individual if you care to read statements published.

Certainly nothing tangible on offer from some usual suspects at anyrate except naysayers and happy clapping is good and those who don’t conform bad.

7 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Now you’ve got the insider gossip jibe off your chest, be as vague as you want. I still wouldn’t be surprised on what you know given your claims to be spurious at best.

I’m struggling to see where not standing idly by when innocent Motherwell fans were attacked as embarrassing. Not an endorsement for some behaviours, but, understand when they occur.

The attacking of an opposition player is poor analogy, where was it mentioned the club weren’t supporting this group? The actions of 2 club employees have angered a lot more than the group given the offers of information forthcoming.

Last few safety officers? I’m sure it’s only 2 they’ve had to deal with including the current incumbent adding his ex-colleague appointment. Wouldn’t expect there to be no problems given the shift in demographic and understandings as times move - there’s been censure when required and common ground found on many points. An appreciation. Some just don’t wish to recognise that.

It’s pretty telling that Society board/Club aren’t happy around social media output and not club employee behaviour. It’s evident from their train of thought they’ve lost control and don’t know what to do in the absence of brand management or CEO. Both parties have a buffer, not using it is on them.

Do the ego’s that know no bounds have carte blanche? Certainly feels like it. Certainly uneasy bedfellows given the Police Scotland links. Can you tell us how many of these wake up calls on information offered have lead to conviction?

You constantly post on the forum with apparent in the know knowledge but you generally don't back up your claims and if anyone has a different opinion you belittle them.

When arrests were made from the Killie game, I seen the statements from the group suggesting one of the guys wasn't in the country. Has that been proven, because that old chestnut is used frequently when the cops come calling. I'm going back almost a decade here but when Celtic fans tore up the South Stand, when they were subjected to dawn raids that was the same spiel used.

It's seldom I have been privy to any Motherwell scoops or insider info but through my work I'm well versed to the goings on with this group amongst other similar things, even putting that to the side all the fans have eyes and see half of the antics they get up too.  It seems like they just throw the toys out the pram when they don't get their own way.

The player analogy was simply to highlight if you do something wrong then you have to pay the price, tear up a business but play the victim card won't get you much support from the club or fellow fans. In fact I actually find some away days not as enjoyable these days if you get landed near them, they hang about until around three to gather then muscle into a section, this season they have forced a section to be opened at Raith, Killie and Livi.

Not much a protest today either as they gathered up the back, with many running down the stairs on the 3rd minute at the goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

You constantly post on the forum with apparent in the know knowledge but you generally don't back up your claims and if anyone has a different opinion you belittle them.

When arrests were made from the Killie game, I seen the statements from the group suggesting one of the guys wasn't in the country. Has that been proven, because that old chestnut is used frequently when the cops come calling. I'm going back almost a decade here but when Celtic fans tore up the South Stand, when they were subjected to dawn raids that was the same spiel used.

It's seldom I have been privy to any Motherwell scoops or insider info but through my work I'm well versed to the goings on with this group amongst other similar things, even putting that to the side all the fans have eyes and see half of the antics they get up too.  It seems like they just throw the toys out the pram when they don't get their own way.

The player analogy was simply to highlight if you do something wrong then you have to pay the price, tear up a business but play the victim card won't get you much support from the club or fellow fans. In fact I actually find some away days not as enjoyable these days if you get landed near them, they hang about until around three to gather then muscle into a section, this season they have forced a section to be opened at Raith, Killie and Livi.

Not much a protest today either as they gathered up the back, with many running down the stairs on the 3rd minute at the goal.

Constantly post on the forum with apparent in the know knowledge? But, I generally don't back up claims? Think you’ll find I can & do back up everything I say, it’s been remarked on here that I do also. I’ll say it again, don’t think I get any more than others, just better and it’s corroborated before I do post. In a manner that upsets a few, but, plenty & not just those who know me understand the why’s. I make no apology for that.

And if anyone has a different opinion you belittle them? Hand’s up, on occasion I have done, when it’s felt I should given the out there takes being replied to. Genuinely have taken stock of that and have refrained from doing so.

Its digressing from the topic though.

I’ve already said, some are only seeing what they want to see. If it doesn’t conform to how they think you should it’s all bad. Easy to discount from our points of view as everything may not be as it seems.

Player attack analogy was poor as it bore no relation to the idea of protest as made out in the statements. Nobody has disagreed with “if you do something wrong then you have to pay the price” of course! There has to be regulation or it’s chaos. What have they done though that’s wrong in this instance that’s required the public statements? Nothing you and a few others keep repeating on here. They are separate issue & not always by who you’re claiming to be carrying them out. Can’t reiterate that enough.

Not enjoying some awaydays is the curse of ineffective stewarding and policing in most cases I’m afraid, Reaction of some is again indigenous. Such is the make up of our away support and ground layouts it’s easy to remove yourself from the locale they choose, that’s a nod to the earlier sentiment.

Mock you may. Another nod to ineffective stewarding if they were allowed to gather up the back surely? Wouldn’t have been my choice of protest, either stay outside then enter at the agreed time or today could’ve been spent watching from afar giving trade to local business as there was live coverage and absence would receive greater coverage and give the powers that be something to focus on that isn’t as one sided offered to them by someone screaming “Woah! Look at me!”

7 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

“Woah! Look at me!”

Funny you should say that, because that’s exactly the message that this entire ‘episode’ sent out, from the big long winded statement yesterday to the ham-fisted protest today.

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

Funny you should say that, because that’s exactly the message that this entire ‘episode’ sent out, from the big long winded statement yesterday to the ham-fisted protest today.

So you say. Why then the representations being offered to the club from many in the fanbase who are not attached in any way to the group and concerned parents alike?

I’ve already said it wouldn’t be my choice of protest. It’s certainly a starting point. If it had disrupted the matchday experience of the holier than thou the same folk would moan instead of mockery.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

So you say. Why then the representations being offered to the club from many in the fanbase who are not attached in any way to the group and concerned parents alike?

I’ve already said it wouldn’t be my choice of protest. It’s certainly a starting point. If it had disrupted the matchday experience of the holier than thou the same folk would moan instead of mockery.

The honest answer to your question is that I don’t know. Perhaps they know more than I do, perhaps they are misguided. Who knows? Only those people do. And that’s not a criticism by the way, they may well know of incidents that I and others don’t. 

Secondly, as you yourself appear to acknowledge, the ‘protest’ today wasn’t very good. And did it achieve anything in terms of the supposed objective of the whole thing? Only time will tell but I’d be surprised if it did.

Finally, if it had disrupted the ‘matchday experience’ then some would moan? Well I don’t speak for anyone else but I certainly would moan about it! And I would make no apology for it either. To me if you have a group of fans actively disrupting the game or the match day for regular fans then that is a perfectly reasonable reason to moan!

2 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Well, it ain’t difficult. Offer something that isn’t tired repetition? 

So because its not your opinion its tired repetition, many many fans share my tired and repetitive view.

The bois can do no wrong in your eyes and as ive said, fair do's, carry on, makes not a jot of difference to me.

We wont agree but to start swearing on a forum at me due to a difference of opinion is kinda sad given that we support the same team but again, fair do's 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

So because its not your opinion its tired repetition, many many fans share my tired and repetitive view.

The bois can do no wrong in your eyes and as ive said, fair do's, carry on, makes not a jot of difference to me.

We wont agree but to start swearing on a forum at me due to a difference of opinion is kinda sad given that we support the same team but again, fair do's 🤷‍♂️

No bother precious.

To answer your question. My difference of opinion, informed or not, doesn’t make yours or other opinion ‘tired repetition’ - it’s the whataboutery of they did this, they did that & we don’t agree with is or we don’t agree with that. It’s not inextricably linked to the statements made or protest yet, some have it on rinse, repeat. Only asked for something different?

Dont know where “The bois can do no wrong in your eyes” chat comes from. I’ve already stated they’ve been censured and plenty of us remind them when required. You’re again linking the “bois” when in truth their input to what you claim is minimal if at all. That’s the facts…

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Constantly post on the forum with apparent in the know knowledge? But, I generally don't back up claims? Think you’ll find I can & do back up everything I say, it’s been remarked on here that I do also. I’ll say it again, don’t think I get any more than others, just better and it’s corroborated before I do post. In a manner that upsets a few, but, plenty & not just those who know me understand the why’s. I make no apology for that.

And if anyone has a different opinion you belittle them? Hand’s up, on occasion I have done, when it’s felt I should given the out there takes being replied to. Genuinely have taken stock of that and have refrained from doing so.

Its digressing from the topic though.

I’ve already said, some are only seeing what they want to see. If it doesn’t conform to how they think you should it’s all bad. Easy to discount from our points of view as everything may not be as it seems.

Player attack analogy was poor as it bore no relation to the idea of protest as made out in the statements. Nobody has disagreed with “if you do something wrong then you have to pay the price” of course! There has to be regulation or it’s chaos. What have they done though that’s wrong in this instance that’s required the public statements? Nothing you and a few others keep repeating on here. They are separate issue & not always by who you’re claiming to be carrying them out. Can’t reiterate that enough.

Not enjoying some awaydays is the curse of ineffective stewarding and policing in most cases I’m afraid, Reaction of some is again indigenous. Such is the make up of our away support and ground layouts it’s easy to remove yourself from the locale they choose, that’s a nod to the earlier sentiment.

Mock you may. Another nod to ineffective stewarding if they were allowed to gather up the back surely? Wouldn’t have been my choice of protest, either stay outside then enter at the agreed time or today could’ve been spent watching from afar giving trade to local business as there was live coverage and absence would receive greater coverage and give the powers that be something to focus on that isn’t as one sided offered to them by someone screaming “Woah! Look at me!”

Bloody hell slow down a wee bit and some might not be as indigenous.

19 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

I explained the reason that it’s myth as it has happened when no disorder of any kind was evident. Hardly a strange slant.

Problem been further compounded today we hear with access granted to the away support for a display.

In your opinion its a misnomer, in mine and others its utter fact which cant be disputed.

Its the last i'll say on the matter as im bored now

For this I think it's just time to move on.  Whether you are a fan of the Bois .... against them or feel the club and them need to sit down and sort things out.

We move on to Easter Road in a fortnight and hope for a crucial 3pts and a VAR assistant that knows the rules..... COYW 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 12:18 PM, Onthefringes said:

Wait, what? This is surely concerning, no? Why are we offering concessions to a group of fans who routinely treat our fans like absolute scum? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, David said:

Wait, what? This is surely concerning, no? Why are we offering concessions to a group of fans who routinely treat our fans like absolute scum? 

That was not the case, a group of them set up the protest cards as soon as they were allowed to enter the stadium. In the Fir Park section and the two sections on either side, you can see the cards being setup.

336451350_742451204257788_3101055242051639324_n.thumb.jpg.d35ac3d3e8b91252acd1fab03a813b74.jpg

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

That was not the case, a group of them set up the protest cards as soon as they were allowed to enter the stadium. In the Fir Park section and the two sections on either side, you can see the cards being setup.

336451350_742451204257788_3101055242051639324_n.thumb.jpg.d35ac3d3e8b91252acd1fab03a813b74.jpg

Semantics Mr Park. Entry to the ground with at least one box full of glossy copy paper isn’t exactly sneaking the stuff in so ‘access granted to the away support for a display’ isn’t an untruth.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, santheman said:

FB_IMG_1679346942301.jpg

I appreciate that I might be in the minority (possibly even of one?) but the use of “an” instead of “a” before “wider project” irks me somewhat. I am all for enhancing the match day experience and creating a better atmosphere, but this together with the inherent inability to spell “boys” may just have pushed me over the edge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, The African said:

I appreciate that I might be in the minority (possibly even of one?) but the use of “an” instead of “a” before “wider project” irks me somewhat. I am all for enhancing the match day experience and creating a better atmosphere, but this together with the inherent inability to spell “boys” may just have pushed me over the edge.

You weren't irked by "intiative" in the first line?

• Haha 1