Post Split Fixtures

Kmcalpin

Its likely that the fixtures will be announced next week sometime. As we've played 1 less home game than away then we're due 3 homes and 2 away, to balance things out. You'd imagine we'll play Ross County and Killie at home and two of Livingston, Dundee United and St Johnstone away. To even things out I reckon we'll play United at home as we played them 3 times away last season. My preference is to play Ross County at home first as I don't fancy playing United, Killie or to a lesser extent St Johnstone then.  Time will tell. Irrespecdtive lets get 3 points on the board early doors.

My guess is Ross County to go down automatically and Killie to stay up at a canter after a play off.

Be interesting to see how the fixtures pan out.

Not sure how the computer system works, whether its just a random selection based on certain criteria fed into the system, or whether the league deliberately try to keep the interest going right to the end of the season?

Anyone at home in the first game will do.

I agree avoiding United right now would be preferable as they seem to have hit a rich veign of form. That said, I think we would have learned from last time out and with a weeks rest before the game, our energy levels should be back up to where they need to be.

Lets try get that final win in the bag at the first attempt.

Ideally we wouldn’t play Dundee Utd until we are officially safe but whenever we do play them I would be more confident of a result if we were to face them at Tannadice than at Fir Park for some reason. We of course should be playing them up there but you just never know.

We need to cement our safety as soon as possible otherwise nerves could kick in.

1 minute ago, Robbos boy said:

Looking for a packet of Cadburys Cookies to entice you oot fae under the bed, We're safe son, come out, it's OK 🤣

It's in our hands and I would rather be in our position just now than Dundee Utd's or Kilmarnock's but we are not officially 100% safe yet. One more win should be enough.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Be interesting to see how the fixtures pan out.

Not sure how the computer system works, whether its just a random selection based on certain criteria fed into the system, or whether the league deliberately try to keep the interest going right to the end of the season?

Anyone at home in the first game will do.

I agree avoiding United right now would be preferable as they seem to have hit a rich veign of form. That said, I think we would have learned from last time out and with a weeks rest before the game, our energy levels should be back up to where they need to be.

Lets try get that final win in the bag at the first attempt.

The only criteria involve the arse cheeks, make sure they get 19 home games each, even if it affects the teams still with something to play for, then make sure that Celtic can't win the league at Ibrox. They also have to worry about the first game after the title is settled being at Ibrox to avoid the embarrassment of Rangers not applauding the Champions onto the park. Once that is sorted they just pull the other games out a hat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting to see all the hoopla over St Mirren making Top 6 when we scored more goals and conceded less than them.

In fact we had the best defensive record in the league after Rangers and Celtic.

Of course it's all about points but still kind of indicates we were a little on the unlucky side this term.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Interesting to see all the hoopla over St Mirren making Top 6 when we scored more goals and conceded less than them.

In fact we had the best defensive record in the league after Rangers and Celtic.

Of course it's all about points but still kind of indicates we were a little on the unlucky side this term.

For me Not binning Hammell quick enough cost us a top 6 chance and a longer run in the Scottish cup.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

That has been a theme throughout the season. The BBC did an interesting article saying that some of the less obvious statistics in games were favourable to Motherwell and they suggested that we should have been further up the league.

I was very confident last week that we were completely safe but despite a fantastic draw at Celtic yesterday, I feel slightly more nervous this week. 

It would still take a fairly exceptional set of results for us to end up in the play-off place but the notion that both Dundee Utd and Killie could both have a 3/4 game winning streak is not beyond the realms of possibility, particularly when RC and to an extent Livingston and St Johnstone are on a poor run of form.

My preference is that we stay off the plastic pitches so Livingston and Killie at home would do for me. We would have a reasonable chance of winning at least one of those games.

I started working out the permutations, but gave up.

Unless there is some massive swing in goal difference I think it boils down to 6 points guaranteeing safety.

As the games unfold, that target will almost certainly drop.

Killie at home in the first fixture will be tough, as will St.Johnstone away and I don’t even want to think what it’ll be like if we need to get a result against Dundee Utd in the final game.

Those fixtures have not been kind to us at all.

3 home games from 5, can't argue with that, I reckon another 4 or 5 points  is all we need and I think we will get that in the 1st 2 games, Killies away form is brutal and St J are in freefall.

We're 10 clear of 12th, so no chance We're finishing bottom with 5 to play, and with our goal difference effectively 7 clear of the playoff place, so 1 win should see us safe from that as well.

20 minutes ago, MJC said:

Killie at home in the first fixture will be tough, as will St.Johnstone away and I don’t even want to think what it’ll be like if we need to get a result against Dundee Utd in the final game.

If we cannot get enough points given that we have home games against the bottom three teams, then we don’t deserve to stay up. 
It is in our own hands. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MJC said:

We haven't beaten Kilmarnock or St Johnstone once this season in 3 attempts against each. Dundee United may well be safe by the time we meet them. 3 very, very tough games against potentially fired up sides fed on raw meat beforehand, but no reason to be overly pessimsitic. We won't finish bottom. Draws against Killie and St Johnstone will do us just fine and will douse their fire a little. Remember we're several points ahead, although that margin might diminish a little. If we can pick up a few draws at minimum we'll be fine although I hope that Ketts has the team battling for its life. Nothing less will do.   

• Like 1

Why are they not kind to us at all? 

Do you think the other teams will look forward to playing us? 
Don’t think so!
We are currently the 7th least pish team in the league and we are playing against teams other than Livi who are statistically  more pish than us.

Our form since the Kettle has taken over show 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats why would it should we fear any of the teams around us? 

All Well fans need to be behind the team to secure that 7th place or at the very least get those points we need to relax, be positive mate, look to the positives the Kettle has brought back to our great wee club.

Glass half full not half empty!

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

We haven't beaten Kilmarnock or St Johnstone once this season in 3 attempts against each. Dundee United may well be safe by the time we meet them. 3 very, very tough games against potentially fired up sides fed on raw meat beforehand, but no reason to be overly pessimsitic. We won't finish bottom. Draws against Killie and St Johnstone will do us just fine and will douse their fire a little. Remember we're several points ahead, although that margin might diminish a little. If we can pick up a few draws at minimum we'll be fine although I hope that Ketts has the team battling for its life. Nothing less will do.   

Be great if we could beat Killie as I reckon we only need 1 win and we will be safe. It would put us 9 clear of them with 4 games left. Even a draw against them would be ok due to our goal difference counting as an extra point

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MJC said:

Who do you want at home first next season? Hoping for Arbroath or Ayr personally. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Be great if we could beat Killie as I reckon we only need 1 win and we will be safe. It would put us 9 clear of them with 4 games left. Even a draw against them would be ok due to our goal difference counting as an extra point

Agree 100% Grizzly. I alwys used to have a soft spot for them but not now. It would be great if we could start off the final 5 fixtures with a thumping win. 3 early points would  calm a lot of nerves.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Christ gie it a bloody rest, KVV +POINTS +GOAL DIFFERENCE, WE ARE BLOODY SAFE. Oh an by the way the world is round incase you don't believe that aswell. HONESTLY Mr Bloody doom and gloom, pack ir in, or do you want 2 packets of Cadbury Cookies tae come oot fae under the bed. Ahhhhh, I've just cut my finger typing this, it could turn septic, NOT!!!!! 

Now MJC has me agreeing with Robbos boy - the world is ending.

The only minor niggle in the fixtures is Livi away on that aberration of a pitch, but I suppose we have to get either them or Killie away.

The worst case scenario is that 6 points guarantees us safety, but much more likely 2 or 3 will be sufficient.

I can only imagine the MJC meltdown if we were sitting in St Johnstone, Utd, County or Killie's current position.

Kettlewell has it all under control. We're safe. Enjoy the run in and let's see if KVV can hit his 30.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

I agree with that,I think we will only need the one win and we should go all out in this game to get it,it will be tough as the last game showed being 2-0 up and only getting a point against them but we're in a better place now and with van veen in red hot form we should be looking to win this.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Aw Naw , we’re doomed doomed I tell ye.