Motherwell v Kilmarnock 06/05/2023

SteelmaninOZ

17 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

If you fill the bottom tier thats still a fair effort.

Should be a good atmoshpere!

I'd say it looks like 1000 or so shifted just now but as i said, no real rush to buy 

We sold out 1600 at Paisley in our last game despite not having an away win all season, i'd expect at least that there on Saturday, 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say it looks like 1000 or so shifted just now but as i said, no real rush to buy 

We sold out 1600 at Paisley in our last game despite not having an away win all season, i'd expect at least that there on Saturday, 

Yes fill the away stand. The more people that know what grass looks like the better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it just me that thinks we should be playing the youth players were basically safe and theres no difference in finishing 7-10th to us get minutes into Lennon and see where he is Luca Ross seemed close under Hammell so why not give him a go weve got nothing to lose and a lot of the current players need to bet let go off

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Is it just me that thinks we should be playing the youth players were basically safe and theres no difference in finishing 7-10th to us get minutes into Lennon and see where he is Luca Ross seemed close under Hammell so why not give him a go weve got nothing to lose and a lot of the current players need to bet let go off

You're trying to make MJC's aneurysm burst, aren't you?

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Isn’t there a decent amount of money at stake finishing 7th compared to 10th? 

1 hour ago, thewelllfan said:

I dont think we are quite there yet. If we get the win on Saturday Id be more than happy to see some youngsters get a chance. But it shouldnt be wholesale changes. Lennon Miller definitely deserves a start to see what he can do as I dont feel as if there would be any significant drop off in quality from him. In fact it could be quite the reverse. We also have a responsibility to give KVV a platform to hit the 30 if its possible. It could be a long time before we get a striker in that position again. I expect we could see a few from the bench depending on how our last few games are going.

Looking forward to the game, that's a few times this season it's been an international break then we have been hit with one of the arse cheeks directly after it so it's nice to get back to home turf this weekend, and play a decent bunch of people. 

After 70 minutes against Killie in December, I was convinced they were going down as we were bossing it despite our woes at the time but then the collective brain fart happened when Alan Power got sent off then the planets aligned for them with the McGinn OG and then the guy that hits powderpuff shots and crosses launches one in from 30 yards, typified our luck as well.

A tricky task I'm sure as they will be confident having finally got a league-away win but VV is in fine fettle and I'm certain he will score a goal or two.

19 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

I sincerely hope it’s just you and that SK and the rest of the management team aren’t thinking along those lines because that is an absolutely ludicrous and extremely naive way of thinking.

First of all as I keep saying we are NOT safe yet. Not mathematically and not basically. We are not safe and we need to guarantee our mathematical safety as soon as possible so to just chuck in the youngsters against a side fighting for their own safety would be complacent from the teams point of view and potentially damaging for the youth players if they flopped badly and we lost the game. 

Saturday is going to be one tough game and that’s with us playing our strongest 11 so we certainly can’t afford to just field youngsters.

Looking at the table then obviously a win tomorrow would be us certainly safe but if we even drew then it would mean Killie would need to win 3 of last 4 to overtake us and only if we lost all 4 remaining games.  That would also mean they would take points off utd and Saints.   Not getting complacent but avoid defeat and it needs a horrendous run of results for us to be in trouble. 

Let's just create a tremendous atmosphere tomorrow and get the lads over the line.  Any sign of nervousness from the fans and it just has a negative impact.  COYW 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Hello Rev Jolly, have a look on the BBC Scotland football website, Motherwell chance of relegation 0%, chance of play off 3%,stop talking pish!!!!! 

That was an interesting read and very reassuring but 3% does seem optimistic.

If Killie and Utd win this weekend the table will read

MWell.  37

DUtd.    34

Killie.     34

St Johnstone 33

With 4 games still to play after this weekend it would all be a little too tight for comfort. 

I am confident we will get there in the end but there may be some twists and turns yet.

A win tomorrow however would put things beyond reasonable doubt 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, star sail said:

MWell.  37

DUtd.    34

Killie.     34

St Johnstone 33

With 4 games still to play after this weekend it would all be a little too tight for comfort. 

I am confident we will get there in the end but there may be some twists and turns yet.

Remember our goal difference counts as an extra point 

17 hours ago, star sail said:

MWell.  37

DUtd.    34

Killie.     34

St Johnstone 33

This is why talk of us already being safe and suggestions that we field the youngsters today are absolutely ludicrous. Apart from the points gap being cut should the scenario of Killie and Dundee Utd both win today, there is also the issue of confidence and momentum. Both of them would be hugely lifted whilst we would be the opposite and panic could well begin to set in.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

This is why talk of us already being safe and suggestions that we field the youngsters today are absolutely ludicrous. Apart from the points gap being cut should the scenario of Killie and Dundee Utd both win today, there is also the issue of confidence and momentum. Both of them would be hugely lifted whilst we would be the opposite and panic could well begin to set in.

Aye right enough Rev I M Jolly

First of all, I believe we will gather enough points to avoid any last game drama. And so does MJC by the tone of his posts.  But looking at the remaining fixtures for Kilmarnock and Utd, anybody who is writing them off from winning three games minimum is kidding themselves. So we need at least one win. Both of them. like us, have been handed winnable home ties. County on the other hand need a miracle, being due to meet all three of us away from home. And St Johnstone will be in more danger than us if results pan out as expected.

So we should be safe but it is far from guaranteed. It's in our own hands, we are playing well and with that home game against County as a fail safe I am fairly relaxed about our prospects. The sooner it is done and dusted the better though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Ross County will absolutely be in the bottom 2 so there is only really one spot teams need to avoid.

It's highly unlikely Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd win most of their games and if they do they are beating Ross County and St Johnstone who are both below us anyway.  They also have to play each other.

We should be fielding youngsters every week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

We should be fielding youngsters every week.

Did it ever occur to you that it's highly likely that the majority of our Academy squad won't be good enough to make the step up to the 1st team. If we get 2 or 3 from that squad who are good enough that will be a good return. We've given Cornelius and Johnston their chance and it's worked out well, maybe Miller or Ross will follow them, but that's about all.