Get yer 23/24 season tickets

SteelmaninOZ

Renewing becomes a more difficult decision for me year on year. I don't love the club any less than I used to, and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it, I just don't get the same buzz.

I'm not sure if this is an age thing (been doing the renewal thing for 40 odd years) or because how football has changed for the worse over the years, but Saturday for me now is more about meeting the mates and having a beer and a laugh than it is the football.

If/when I do renew, it'll be more of a habit thing anything to do with my appetite for another season.

I'm some laugh at a party by the way.

13 minutes ago, Inflato said:

Renewing becomes a more difficult decision for me year on year. I don't love the club any less than I used to, and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it, I just don't get the same buzz.

I'm not sure if this is an age thing (been doing the renewal thing for 40 odd years) or because how football has changed for the worse over the years, but Saturday for me now is more about meeting the mates and having a beer and a laugh than it is the football.

If/when I do renew, it'll be more of a habit thing anything to do with my appetite for another season.

Are you MJC in disguise?  Only joking....and to MJC

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Inflato said:

You are not alone after 40 years and youve seen about every script Motherwell can offer. I totally relate to what youve said.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

You are not alone after 40 years and youve seen about every script Motherwell can offer. I totally relate to what youve said.

Confession: I couldn't face another eye-bleeding  season with Mr Alexander at the helm so I didn't renew this season, the first time in yonks (started watching 'Well in 1962/3, though not as a STH obvs. To my great surprise, on Christmas morning my wife presented me with a half-season ticket.

I think she has a lover.

P.S. I'm actually looking forward to next season so will renew once the private investigator gets back to me and I can attend to business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Inflato said:

To be honest at end of season the lads say the same " can I afford it, is it worth it, can I handle it" nothing to do with prices or the football......just prospect of sitting beside me for another season 🤪🤪🤪

For the past couple of years my season ticket has been for Over 60s .. which is a great reduction.

However I see that the Over 60s is now Over 65 s ..

As I am 62 , I now have to revert to paying full adult ticket .. how will that attract people to renew their ticket … “Oh , by the way  , we have just decided you have to pay more than double you have paid over the past number of seasons since you turned 60 “..

Is it me , or where is the sense in this !!!

4 minutes ago, davkel said:

For the past couple of years my season ticket has been for Over 60s .. which is a great reduction.

As I am 62 , I now have to revert to paying full adult ticket .. how will that attract people to renew their ticket … “Oh , by the way  , we have just decided you have to pay more than double you have paid over the past number of seasons since you turned 60 “..

Surely that can't apply to those who already benefitted already from the reduced price. There is no sense to that decision at all.

14 minutes ago, davkel said:

My understanding is that the change to 65 happened last year but anyone who had already turned 60 continues to get the discounted rate.

Coatsy just beat me to it.

2 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

They said last year for those existing over 60 concessions would continue to do so, so i expect if you are already a season ticket holder over 60 but not yet 65 you would still qualify for the concession

I thought that too Coatsy, but couldn't remember if they changed the concession age last year or whether this was the first year of the change. It's an age thing ....... doh

1 hour ago, Coatsy said:

They said last year for those existing over 60 concessions would continue to do so, so i expect if you are already a season ticket holder over 60 but not yet 65 you would still qualify for the concession

That's my understanding too; it's only fair. I think we were the only club in the Premiership to start concessions at 60. 

3 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Confession: I couldn't face another eye-bleeding  season with Mr Alexander at the helm so I didn't renew this season, the first time in yonks (started watching 'Well in 1962/3, though not as a STH obvs. To my great surprise, on Christmas morning my wife presented me with a half-season ticket.

I think she has a lover.

P.S. I'm actually looking forward to next season so will renew once the private investigator gets back to me and I can attend to business.

I haven’t met your wife 😇

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's my understanding too; it's only fair. I think we were the only club in the Premiership to start concessions at 60. 

Spot on Dave, anyone who was already receiving a 60 or over concession when they changed it to 65 would continue to get the concession rate even if they were still not 65 a great bonus a fantastic deal from the club.

I

38 minutes ago, MJC said:

It’s a fair jump right enough but it’s a sign of the times unfortunately. 

Not much of a jump for me, but I sympathise with others, for whom the increase is more substantial. I can recall in years gone, with a young family, agonising about whether I could afford a season ticket. I always did though. 

Cinemas now costing £14.50 for an adult and £10.50 for a child.  Concerts at the Hydro for bigger names costing on average £60 - £200 for 2-3 hours.

The club's energy bill will have surged; staff will rightly ask for increased wages. As you say its a sign of the times. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not much of a jump for me, but I sympathise with others, for whom the increase is more substantial. I can recall in years gone, with a young family, agonising about whether I could afford a season ticket. I always did though. 

Cinemas now costing £14.50 for an adult and £10.50 for a child.  Concerts at the Hydro for bigger names costing on average £60 - £200 for 2-3 hours.

The club's energy bill will have surged; staff will rightly ask for increased wages. As you say its a sign of the times. 

You just compared going to the football to other activities I don't do any more based on cost.  

I will renew but probably in August.....when I've saved up a bit.

However I know quite a few who have stopped going because of increasing cost/declining standard.  

It's a difficult balancing act for clubs like Motherwell with relatively few fans and rising costs but we have to be very carefully not to price what few fans we have from coming along.

• Like 1