New kit for 2023/24

MJC

1 hour ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

More from UBH

During Motherwell’s 1920’s touring heyday we wore claret and amber stripes. Who’s up for an anniversary shirt revival of this era for one Season ?

FuzkRMKXoAAFlkd.jpgFubFcsKWcAE76t8.jpg

Yeah, absolutely would take the 20s-style shirt. Not so keen on the Arsenal one though.

2 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

More from UBH

During Motherwell’s 1920’s touring heyday we wore claret and amber stripes. Who’s up for an anniversary shirt revival of this era for one Season ?

Yes absolutely the 1920’s style 

Now what about the shorts? Claret, Amber or white?  Let the battle begin :assassin:

9 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

From UBH on Twitter

I would also support a Summer Cup shirt revival at some point.
In 2024-25 it will be 60 years since we won it. It also evokes memories of a young Faddy who wore a Summer Cup inspired design in season 2002-03.
Fuz4Rr-XsAANmmu?format=jpg&name=4096x409FuP6YZBX0AI8Yat.jpg

Absolutely love that Summer Cup kit!

Its practically perfect in every way!

9 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

More from UBH

Not fussed on the Arsenal top but the stripes might be a nice nod to the past. Dont like the shoe laces though. Similar to the Man Utd kit of the 80s which I never fancied much. 

Probably not gonna happen this season given the departure from the hoop/band this year.

4 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Not fussed on the Arsenal top but the stripes might be a nice nod to the past. Dont like the shoe laces though. Similar to the Man Utd kit of the 80s which I never fancied much. 

Probably not gonna happen this season given the departure from the hoop/band this year.

Older fans will remember we had a pinstripe nod to the original striped jersey (which predated the hoop) in the mid-90s: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/Motherwell-change.htm

Since we're talking of UBH, I think he compiled most of the information used in the above HFK page. Hope he  is well.

"Haste ye back!" indeed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Older fans will remember we had a pinstripe nod to the original striped jersey (which predated the hoop) in the mid-90s: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/Motherwell-change.htm

Since we're talking of UBH, I think he compiled most of the information used in the above HFK page. Hope he  is well.

"Haste ye back!" indeed.

1964 / 1965 keep that strip ,and  with the reverse colours as our other strip     mday inn ?

11 hours ago, smiddy said:

1964 / 1965 keep that strip ,and  with the reverse colours as our other strip     mday inn ?

I'm long past buying replica kit but the best looking kit on that historical list is the 1920 - 24 one, the claret and Amber stripes, that's the one we should have.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I'm long past buying replica kit but the best looking kit on that historical list is the 1920 - 24 one, the claret and Amber stripes, that's the one we should have.

And they would be cheap, because we can just buy up some Bradford City overstock and swap the badge. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

One thing I insist on (and I wouldn't buy the shirt otherwise) that it has our club crest and NOT the MFC lettering from yesteryear that was "reinvented". We stopped using it for a reason...

Definitely this. There is absolutely no reason not to have our club badge on our kits, be that home, away or third kits. The ‘mfc’ lettering just looks cheap and brings the whole jersey down a tone.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Definitely this. There is absolutely no reason not to have our club badge on our kits, be that home, away or third kits. The ‘mfc’ lettering just looks cheap and brings the whole jersey down a tone.

The lettering existed before our club crest.

The club crest didnt exist until the 80s so its hardly traditional.

I do like the crest, particularly as it retains the connection to the steel industry, but like the hoop/band, Im not wedded to it as other incarnations existed before it.

For example, I think the MFC script worked very well on the last blue kit....

On 5/12/2023 at 2:32 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

The club crest didnt exist until the 80s so its hardly traditional.

I do like the crest, particularly as it retains the connection to the steel industry, but like the hoop/band, Im not wedded to it as other incarnations existed before it.

For example, I think the MFC script worked very well on the last blue kit....

43 years ago? Pretty traditional.