New kit for 2023/24

MJC

10 hours ago, MJC said:

I get that kits need to change and occasionally ‘mix it up’ but kits like last seasons or the jester kit from the 90s just go too far imo. 

That's only your opinion and that really only matters when it comes to your choice to buy, strips change, your fickle we get that.

1 hour ago, Yabba's Turd said:

That's only your opinion and that really only matters when it comes to your choice to buy, strips change, your fickle we get that.

Yeah I probably am a bit fickle. Most football fans are at times. But I’m just giving my opinion on what our kit should be like and I’ve been fairly consistent on what I think a Motherwell FC home kit should look like.

However as I acknowledged earlier on today….

12 hours ago, MJC said:

But it’s not up to me obviously.

On 6/23/2023 at 6:14 PM, MJC said:

Our best home kit in years. 

Simple, traditional and a full claret hoop. Absolutely love it. After last years shanner it is a breath of fresh air.

I’d imagine the numbers and names will be in white printing given the C&A combination on the back of the top? Unless we use black.

Apologies bud, I confused you with MFC in my earlier post 

On 5/3/2023 at 6:36 PM, yosemite sam said:

I'm very much a  traditionalist. Stick with the Claret Hoop. You very rarely see Ceptic change from their normal home strip of stripes. Why we need to go with the terrible strip we had this year I don't know. Only my opinion of course.

Really pleased with the strip.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 9:12 AM, wellsince75 said:

New home stip looks the business - a modern version of our classic home strip. Nice to see a chain of posts that we're agreeing. 

Away strip . White one may be too similar to last year but I'd be delighted to see either of these. 

motherwell-2002-2003-change.gif

I've always thought the reverse colours didn't really work for us.

Besides Dundee Utd, and possibly Livingston depending on their strip, we mainly wear an away kit against Aberdeen and Hearts and if anything it's more rather than less of a clash.

52 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I've always thought the reverse colours didn't really work for us.

Besides Dundee Utd, and possibly Livingston depending on their strip, we mainly wear an away kit against Aberdeen and Hearts and if anything it's more rather than less of a clash.

The last time we had a Claret away kit we wore it in just about every away game except against Hearts and Aberdeen because of the obvious clash with their home colours. I don’t know the reason but that I found that an annoyance that season, though not as much of an annoyance seeing us wear a mostly claret away kit as our ‘home’ kit last season. 

If we’re going to have a Claret change kit then we should also have a white third kit imo.

Any away kit that uses a lot of colour from the first kit seems a bit pointless if the intent is to avoid a clash.

Was never a fan of the claret tops. The claret and amber trimmed white kit variants have always been my preference.

• Like 1

The "floodlight" white kits are always stunning with whatever claret & amber trim they put on them. It would be hard to argue against having that every year. 

However, kit manufacturers wont wear that as they want to maximise sales to get their kits out there, so the marketing people will no doubt have the final say and I would expect something quite diferrent this year.......

42 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The "floodlight" white kits are always stunning with whatever claret & amber trim they put on them. It would be hard to argue against having that every year. 

However, kit manufacturers wont wear that as they want to maximise sales to get their kits out there, so the marketing people will no doubt have the final say and I would expect something quite diferrent this year.......

They can still have the white with “splash”  of claret and amber but change up the design. 

23 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

They can still have the white with “splash”  of claret and amber but change up the design. 

They could.

Id be happy if they did that every year. But unlikely. More likely black, blue or full claret.

19 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

That petrol blue kit was something spectacular

IMHO, the Macron one was the better of the two. All the moreso for having no sponsor on the front to spoil it!

25 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Did we not sell it without a sponsor or do I have a failing memory of what's in my drawers?

I think it was the Paddy Power year......

13 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Yes it certainly was, as was the silver kit both by Puma.

I did like the silver one.

No idea why I didnt buy one, even in the end of season sale!

My only stipulation on away kit is that it must have claret and amber trim of some description. 

We have had some kits in the past that just looked like training kit or worse.

It must have some connection to Motherwell FC.

53 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Did we not sell it without a sponsor or do I have a failing memory of what's in my drawers?

There was the Paddy Power one and then there was another one that early buyers received with no sponsor when there was a delay in their announcement.