Pies

wellup83

A minor complaint it may be but with the position we find ourselves in, in relative safety and with very little to complain about in previous weeks can we please discuss how poor the Fir Park pie has become? We had the best pies in the land when Mr. Chapman was the supplier and while I accept there's less fat/salt etc. allowed in food now the pies at FP really have been substandard for a long time now. I always buy a pie at the game both out of habit and probably in support of the club but I really don't enjoy the experience much at all. Steak pie today - dry as hell, meat like leather with absolutely no gravy at all. I even came across a FB post of away fans slating our pies. What has happened? It's the only part for me that lets the stadium down these days.

I've not had a football pie for ages.  I'm at the age where I need to start eating better, but I've found that in Scottish football it's one of those deals where the lower the level of football the better the food.

One suspects Hamilton Accies cuisine might take another leap forward in the coming weeks!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The pies at Fir Park in the 70s will never be beaten for poor quality. After you poured the grease out the tinfoil you were better eating the foil and throwing away the pie.

Doesn't that constitute the vegetarian option from that era?

53 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The pies at Fir Park in the 70s will never be beaten for poor quality. After you poured the grease out the tinfoil you were better eating the foil and throwing away the pie.

You don't need to go that far back to get a bowl of grease soup.

Sorry, but steak pies, macaroni pies, curry pies on anything else that isnt a good old fashioned Scotch Pie have no place at a Scottish football match. 

If it's not a scotch pie or a bovril, it shouldn't be on the menu,

The scotch pie and bovril has seen off everything since the 'MAAAACCCCAAARRRROOONNNNN, CHEEEEEWWWWINGGGG GUM' in the early 70s and thats the way it should stay.

• Like 1

even the famous killie pie ( kilmarnock pie for legal reasons ) isnt even as good now cause the only place a had tasted them was rugby park, but now you get them in asda, aldi lidl  therefore taking the saturday pie out of the mix     ps they are good done in ma oven wi beans n broon sauce :D

1 hour ago, Throughthelaces said:

I just want to say the donner meat pie is my favourite and I love it. The steak pie can be hit or miss. Scotch pies have been atrocious for years.

I was sitting behind someone eating a dinner pie, it smelt revolting, mind you I can't even go into a kebab shop because of the smell of that dog meat on the rotary.

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I was down at Annan v Dumbarton last night and their steak pies were awesome and £2.50. don't know how provides them but definitely one of best I have tried in a long time 

nice to see ma auld pal brett long having a good game for dunbarton :)

clean sheet king of the division !!!!!!!!!    my arse      toddle on brett

• Like 1