SteelmaninOZ

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Been a good day so far.

The sun is shining

Celtic got pumped

Now all we need is a Motherwell victory

Lets do it!

And we won to officially secure safety!

And to make things even better Dundee Utd lost to Ross County to send them to the bottom of the table.

If Carlsberg did Saturdays…

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

And chasing European place now......awwwww baws

That’s the big bonus of being bottom six. We literally could get more points than the side finishing 6th, 5th or even 4th and yet there is no chance of ‘Europe’.

”THE….passports in the drawer!

The passports in the drawer!

And that is where it’s staying!

And that is where it’s STAAAYYYINNG!!!!

The passports in the drawer!”

Bring on the League Cup group stages.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MJC said:

That’s the big bonus of being bottom six. We literally could get more points than the side finishing 6th, 5th or even 4th and yet there is no chance of ‘Europe’.

Aye, losing out on an extra few hundred thousand Euros and UEFA bonus payments (even after a first round KO) is a real bonus.

15 minutes ago, MJC said:

And we won to officially secure safety!

And to make things even better Dundee Utd lost to Ross County to send them to the bottom of the table.

If Carlsberg did Saturdays…

No love for Utd but bigger picture for us and league I’d rather we had 1500+ Utd fans visiting than the tiny County contingent or Killie and their shitty pitch. 

19 minutes ago, MJC said:

”THE….passports in the drawer!

The passports in the drawer!

And that is where it’s STAAAYYYINNG!!!!

The passports in the drawer!”

Bring on the League Cup group stages.

Next time we qualify for Europe, I want your number so I can be your friend. I need someone more miserable than me to cheer me up. 

35 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Aye, losing out on an extra few hundred thousand Euros and UEFA bonus payments (even after a first round KO) is a real bonus.

That’s one way to look at it. If we actually do financially benefit from playing in Europe that is. We as a club have been clear in the past that playing in Europe actually costs us more than it earns us.

The other way to look at it is avoiding embarrassments like Sligo and Stjarnan and no-show non-events like PAO and Levante is probably more beneficial to the team and the club as a whole. 

Obviously getting a glamour tie like Dortmund is different and more prestigious but on the whole Europe for us is just a level that is way beyond our reach.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

We've got to get Casey signed up. I've got a feeling his form has been too good though. Hearts are still playing that carthorse Sibbick so they would be mental not to make him an offer. 

Looking at the table Dundee United won't be safe by the final game even if they win the next two so that should make for an interesting game. 

I'd sell my soul to put the final nail in their coffin I detest Dundee Utd

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purestate said:

No love for Utd but bigger picture for us and league I’d rather we had 1500+ Utd fans visiting than the tiny County contingent or Killie and their shitty pitch. 

Not for me the more bigger that out resource us that drop out the top division means our task to stay up next year is slightly easier on paper. 

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I'd sell my soul to put the final nail in their coffin I detest Dundee Utd

Knowing us we will roll over and lose to them on the last day to keep them up.

2 hours ago, purestate said:

Dundee are going to be in the top flight next season, they will bring a healthy support as they always do so that would make up for Utd not being there.

Dundee Utd are a club that I have absolutely no time for. Arrogant supporters, Jim Spence and a ‘darling’ club of the Scottish media. Then you go further back and look at the likes of Jim McLean, Dave Bowman, John Clark, Maurice Malpas. All really unlikable individuals. 

If they are relegated I will be delighted.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

That’s one way to look at it. If we actually do financially benefit from playing in Europe that is. We as a club have been clear in the past that playing in Europe actually costs us more than it earns us.

The other way to look at it is avoiding embarrassments like Sligo and Stjarnan and no-show non-events like PAO and Levante is probably more beneficial to the team and the club as a whole. 

Obviously getting a glamour tie like Dortmund is different and more prestigious but on the whole Europe for us is just a level that is way beyond our reach.

I agree on this

Always good for fans to get their passport out but I believe the league cup group stage and a few more victories will get us a better more confident start to next season, rather than a Europa conference tie where we would no doubt end up out after 1 or 2 games anyway

2017 an example after Robbo kept us up.  Strong start to the season with 4 victories in cup games led us all the way to the final

What a turnaround in the last 3 months

Well done Stuart Kettlewell, King Kev and everyone else

• Thanks 1

Not a vintage performance today, especially first half where we seemed totally incapable of finding each other with a pass. But is was still a very solid defensive performance and I never felt at any point that St Johnstone had us under any pressure. Kelly barely made a save all game and big Butcher was just immense.

Need to see KVVs disallowed goal again, looked pretty tight and they took an age again to confirm he was offside.

We were a little bit better on the ball second half with improved performances from Spittal and Mandron in particular. Much like last week we had the chances to have finished the game off long before we did, so it was a bit of a relief when Mandron scored a well deserved second.

Re who we want to see go up and down, I know a lot of us want to see the back of Killie and Livvy because of their plastic pitches, but was that really any better today? Bumpy, uneven, players slipping all over the place. Dont think Ive ever seen a decent game up there. 

Given Killie is 10 minutes from my house Id much rather see them stay up than St Johnstone!