32 years ago today

grizzlyg

19 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

When the Well went up to lift the Scottish Cup we were there , we were there. 

Best football day of my life.

50364-5.jpg

Aye it was a great day, memories after about 6pm though are hazy at best, don't think I went home till the Monday, happy days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

"Main's in trouble there's Steve Kirk!!.....the super sub has done it again"

Ahhhhhh happy days,  another cup success would be just magical so new memories could be created

Aye it was!

For a second there I thought you were going all Sargent Pepper!
Now anyone got the video?🙄

• Haha 1

I’ll be forever grateful that it happened in my lifetime but as the years pass bye it becomes all the more frustrating that we haven’t managed it since.

In 32 years time we still won’t have won any other silverware I reckon.

1 minute ago, MJC said:

I’ll be forever grateful that it happened in my lifetime but as the years pass bye it becomes all the more frustrating that we haven’t managed it since.

In 32 years time we still won’t have won any other silverware I reckon.

Awwww naw he's off again!!! Lol

Looking over Hampden before kick-off: great

Opening 20 mins: stressed at Utd hitting the post and offside "goal"

Scoring the opener: elated

Maxwell getting badly injured: stressed

Utd equaliser: stressed and worried due to Maxwell's injury

Goal: exicted

Goal: we might just about hang on here

Utd goal: more stress we won't see it out

Utd goal: more stress

Final whistle: exhausted and stressed

Extra time kick-off: can't let it go to penalties

Goal: elated

Remainder of extra time: stressed, feels like 2 hours

Maxwell's save from Malpas: Unbelievable, we've done it!

It's great to look back on, but I was a nervous wreck for 120 minutes as it really was a game that was decided on the last kick/save of the game.

What a day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

It's great to look back on, but I was a nervous wreck for 120 minutes as it really was a game that was decided on the last kick/save of the game.

I didn't enjoy the game until the final whistle. Too tense. I had cause to go down to the concourse under the stand during extra time and it was crammed full of Well fans who couldn't bear to watch the game. 

i was one of the unlucky ones that day on the train that got stopped just outside of Motherwell full of well fans,  they kept us for ages and as kick off neared it was not looking good I was with my mate Jim Stein and my nephew David then the doors opened the train was going nowhere we were near airbles which wasn't a station at the time.  i said to my mate lets run get in front of everyone and get a taxi so we legged it up the grass banking then taxi at airbles road said to the guy get us to hampden .  We arrived at 3.10 and although we missed all the build up we made it.  We missed united hitting the post and having a goal disallowed . I do know that many on that train gave up and watched it in the fir park club

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

Looking over Hampden before kick-off: great

Opening 20 mins: stressed at Utd hitting the post and offside "goal"

Scoring the opener: elated

Maxwell getting badly injured: stressed

Utd equaliser: stressed and worried due to Maxwell's injury

Goal: exicted

Goal: we might just about hang on here

Utd goal: more stress we won't see it out

Utd goal: more stress

Final whistle: exhausted and stressed

Extra time kick-off: can't let it go to penalties

Goal: elated

Remainder of extra time: stressed, feels like 2 hours

Maxwell's save from Malpas: Unbelievable, we've done it!

What a day.

I can see why you felt like this. 

I had the innocence of youth, I thought it was a fore gone conclusion that no matter what we'd win.  Got to extra time and my dad + uncle were a bag of nerves . Told them to calm down, Kirk hadn't scored yet and sure enough. 

If had to replay the events as an adult I don't think my nerves would be able to handle it. 

Lasting memory was to have a sea of "well fans around me in glasgow and then back at FP.  Will never forget the sheer volume of Claret & Amber. 

39 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I can see why you felt like this. 

I had the innocence of youth, I thought it was a fore gone conclusion that no matter what we'd win.

I lost that innocence when I went to the 1975 semi-final against Airdrie with the same notion.

I was at game with my mate and my Dad was there with his pal. After game finished my mum and sister got train from Hamilton to Airbles and walked to fir park to see team and trophy. We all met up at Fir park. I then went out for a few pints. Back home for 11.00pm and then we stuck on full match which we had taped...ahhhhhhh memories