Home Improvements

wellfan

1 minute ago, middleeastdave said:

God knows what improvements they are doing but they certainly need to look at the POD stand as that is basically past it’s sell by date, I think the LONG term view is to move to a new ground by the board, but that will be 10 to 20 years in my opinion if ever?

Spot on the pod is a disgrace tbh, broken seats covered in bird shit and generally looking like they have not been cleaned in years, the turnstiles are a joke, museum pieces, far too narrow and difficult to use, especially if you are carrying a few extra pounds. 

I sit at the south stand end and the 1 catering point is badly situated with the queue usually blocking the exit and entry stairs etc. The whole stand badly needs an overhaul, its not fit for the 21st century especially if there are no plans to move to a new stadium.

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Spot on the pod is a disgrace tbh, broken seats covered in bird shit and generally looking like they have not been cleaned in years, the turnstiles are a joke, museum pieces, far too narrow and difficult to use, especially if you are carrying a few extra pounds. 

I sit at the south stand end and the 1 catering point is badly situated with the queue usually blocking the exit and entry stairs etc. The whole stand badly needs an overhaul, its not fit for the 21st century especially if there are no plans to move to a new stadium.

Likewise. Surely safety concerns at catering point queues. The stand badly needs a clean and refurbishment. 

The issue with the main stand is that it's layered (built over the previous stand) and they spend a shit ton of money just to keep it open, it's also had Bob and every other builder trying their luck with various improvements, it was well past it's sell by date in the 90's and the window dressing done since then is just that, I doubt much will happen because the costs of refurbishment would run into millions.

3 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

The issue with the main stand is that it's layered (built over the previous stand) and they spend a shit ton of money just to keep it open, it's also had Bob and every other builder trying their luck with various improvements, it was well past it's sell by date in the 90's and the window dressing done since then is just that, I doubt much will happen because the costs of refurbishment would run into millions.

A bucket of water, some soap and a cloth to clean the bird crap off the seats is not the most expensive thing in the world, and that's not even getting done.

Yeah, the main stand catering is a riot.

There is no particular/obvious queueing method either.

They should either:

Reopen the kiosk downstairs to relieve pressure

Or

Route the queue down the stairs towards the exit - Not sure if this is prohibited by safety though. Perhaps the stairs need clearance, but the stairs into the bucket seats at the north end are usually swamped anyway.

Also, it is not difficult to put a sign up as/when they run out of pies.

31 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Another thing, it was mentioned that Boabby Park was pushing to get some sort of material added to the Hunter Stand which will block out the pitch from the back to stop people from congregating there. 

By all accounts, this former police officer seems to be causing more problems for the home fans than he is being tasked to solve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

Another thing, it was mentioned that Boabby Park was pushing to get some sort of material added to the Hunter Stand which will block out the pitch from the back to stop people from congregating there. 

Park is a total arsehole the sooner he's out the club the better,that sounds petty as fuck to be covering the back of the seats in the hunter.so that means if your standing in the queue for a pie or whatever you'll not see any of the game from there,total madness,I'm guessing he was the clown that came up with the idea of painting a line the length of the hunter to stop folk congregating at the back.

We won’t be moving from Fir Park any time soon unless something drastic happens like a serious fire or an earthquake which swallows the entire ground up. In fairness given our record and luck with things going wrong with the stadium over the years then you wouldn’t rule either out.

I love Fir Park to bits and would hate to see us leave it for some soulless Lego style new stadium like Livingston or New St.Mirren Park but it’s been more than showing it’s age for the last 10-15 years now and you wonder how much longer it will/can go on for without serious money being spent on it. Serious money that we don’t have at that. 

6 hours ago, pretzel said:

I'm led to believe that it is a requirement for our stadium safety certificate.

12 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

A bucket of water, some soap and a cloth to clean the bird crap off the seats is not the most expensive thing in the world, and that's not even getting done.

Get the young players to give it the once over, that’ how it used to get done . Before they were all feart they may slip over an old greasy pie and ruin their whole career .