SPFL Trust Trophy

SteelmaninOZ

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Yep loads yesterday going mad yesterday about a guy that hasn't even been on the pitch yet. I find last nights result more concerning when no disrespect to them but our B team can't beat a junior side.

Although it is classed as a b team match , with the exception of McGuire and McGinlay the rest of the team were young boys mainly 16 and 17 year olds. Most of them aquitted themselves very well against a team that finished fifth in the lowland league last season. Only a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing enabled us to get to penalty kicks where we failed miserably. What last night showed was that the majority of these boys are not ready to compete against a lowland league team never mind play in our first team. We need to be patient with the boys to allow them to develop properly both physically and mentally to give them a chance to succeed , something that a lot of well fans are not known for.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Yep loads yesterday going mad yesterday about a guy that hasn't even been on the pitch yet. I find last nights result more concerning when no disrespect to them but our B team can't beat a junior side.

It's not really a B team though; it was mostly our youth development side including a few players who have just signed their first pro contract.

EDIT: well_said beat me to it.