Cup game Motherwell v Queens Park 22/07/2023

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Have I missed something he was arguably our best player under Kettlewell not including Van Veen

Thats the thing once labelled as shite, there is no going back for some, anything positive like good performances, goals & assists are categorically ignored. Any mis-placed pass, is pounced on - then the boo boys can tell us they told us from the start and how clever they were to spot it before anyone else

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Not yet I'd take him as an extra option but can't help but feel we need pace.

I agree,we definitely need a bit of pace and movement up front,it's early days but Wilkinson and obika don't look like they will be a good foil for each other.

Spittal is one of our best and most productive players.

He didnt have his best game yesterday, but his work rate and attitude were still first class.

Even when things are not coming off for him his head doesnt go down and he is always available for a pass and tries to make things happen.

What really pissed me off yesterday was the brain dead morons who thought it would be a good idea to boo McGinley when he came on.

This is the kind of thing that makes me seriously think about whether I want to keep on watching Motherwell after 50 odd years.

Similar kind of things happening all too often.

3 minutes ago, mfc said:

I agree,we definitely need a bit of pace and movement up front,it's early days but Wilkinson and obika don't look like they will be a good foil for each other.

100% as bad as it might sound I was looking forward to watching Shields come back always felt he'd do well playing in a front 2 and had decent pace and movement finishing was lacking tho so can see why he'd move him on

1 minute ago, santheman said:

What really pissed me off yesterday was the brain dead morons who thought it would be a good idea to boo McGinley when he came on.

This is the kind of thing that makes me seriously think about whether I want to keep on watching Motherwell after 50 odd years.

Similar kind of things happening all too often.

Ye I personally think Mcginley is sub-par but boing our own players never sits well wiith me especially a guy who's been out best part of 2 years

2 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

Ye I personally think Mcginley is sub-par but boing our own players never sits well wiith me especially a guy who's been out best part of 2 years

Don't know about anyone else but it's been so long since McGinley has played I can't even remember if he's good bad or indifferent.

Pretty sure he's only ever played as a full back with us so we don't really know how he would fare as a wingback in a 3 5 2

Might be pish or he might surprise us but writing him off before we've had a chance to find out seems a bit daft.

5 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

I find it hard to fathom out why a so-called supporter would a) Think it's acceptable or b) Think it any way helps the team ..... Just completely illogical on so many levels

2 minutes ago, Mio Krivokapic said:

I find it hard to fathom out why a so-called supporter would a) Think it's acceptable or b) Think it any way helps the team ..... Just completely illogical on so many levels

100% never helps the team or individual I can understand it after a piss-poor perfomance but even at that doesn't help anybody

I have no idea if yesterday's strikers will end up being productive, but I wouldn't write them off in preseason. 

The classic slow starter was Chris Porter and he turned out OK. Higdon took time to get into his stride too. 

Yep I found it bonkers we had fans booing McGinley, guy been out injured for a year. Now don't get me wrong I don't rate the guy but I would never boo him or any other player. This seems to be creeping in more and more with some supporters and really needs to be stopped. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Yep I found it bonkers we had fans booing McGinley, guy been out injured for a year. Now don't get me wrong I don't rate the guy but I would never boo him or any other player. This seems to be creeping in more and more with some supporters and really needs to be stopped. 

Where do they draw the line ? Will he get abuse when he's perhaps out food shopping ? or eating out with friends & family ? or is the preferred method with the safety net of a cloak of anonymity that the internet provides or as part of a pack on a match day

• Like 1

Poor poor game yesterday , on reflection today though most important thing was the win

Much improvement needed for the league starts ,  at least 1 or 2 more options upfront as well

Will cut Obika some slack as I do think there is goals in the guy, should have had a hat trick .  Wilkinson was poor and done nothing to impress, though will give the guy a chance as it is very early days

31 minutes ago, Yodo said:

No often yer right but yer wrong again 

hi ya yodo son / hen how you been getting on in the close season with nothing to moan about ? bet your glad fitbaw is back so you can sook the life out of anything good weve got at FP although thats not a lot, bet you just love the new striker ? wilkinson and of course mr slattery is looking and playing well oh and dont forget your fav       mr B spittal 🤣🤣      av been missing your patter ( shite )

• Haha 4