Pay at the gate

mio

1 hour ago, Jastons said:

There is absolutely no reason for the 4pm cut off time yesterday.

Why can't they sell tickets right up until kick off? 

There is a reason for it; its just that we don't know what it is and haven't been told. Whether we agree with it is an entirely different matter.

Edit: On second thoughts, I suspect that it's to do with opening hours of the office, which the club will not change. 

48 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

There is a reason for it; its just that we don't know what it is and haven't been told. Whether we agree with it is an entirely different matter.

Edit: On second thoughts, I suspect that it's to do with opening hours of the office, which the club will not change. 

Opening hours are irrelevant when you can buy online with the option of either a digital ticket or print at home. 

Edit : Maybe it's to do with the police? Do they need to know expected numbers in advance?

Edited by Jastons

47 minutes ago, Jastons said:

Opening hours are irrelevant when you can buy online with the option of either a digital ticket or print at home. 

Edit : Maybe it's to do with the police? Do they need to know expected numbers in advance?

The digital or print at home options are only available for home match tickets, but in this day and age there is no reason why it can't be extended to away tickets as well.

You can sit at home and buy and print tickets or store them digitally for all sorts of things, football match tickets should be no different.

53 minutes ago, Jastons said:

In theory you're right, but maybe its to do with handling online queries over the phone or they want to know final numbers before close of play. Yes, it coud be to do with the Police. In any event, the paying customer comes last.   

20 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I've got digital tickets for the game today. 

Bought From St Mirren or Motherwell as I said it's only available for home games so if you bought direct from St Mirren you can get digital tickets, but I got them From Fir park so old fashioned to be collected in person paper only option.

At one point today both turnstiles were held up by the reader unable to read the QR code on two people's phones

Is this the future? I am fortunate enough to live near Fir Park and as an old dinosaur I want my paper copy in my hand. The future must be contactless gates.

9 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Being another old dinosaur  does anyone know why this would happen.

The turnstile readers are designed for actual tickets or paper prints where the bar code can get right under the reader.

Maybe the phones were too  big, not fully under the scanner, dirty screens etc or the phones owners not holding it close enough, lots of things could affect it working properly. 

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

The turnstile readers are designed for actual tickets or paper prints where the bar code can get right under the reader.

Maybe the phones were too  big, not fully under the scanner, dirty screens etc or the phones owners not holding it close enough, lots of things could affect it working properly. 

I'm as far from being a tech expert as you'll get Allan but these explanations seem perfectly reasonable. In general I think that in the rush to implement new technology solutions for general use in society, the actual application isn't quite there yet, or if it is, isn't being applied in practice. It would appear that scanners, in widespread use, aren't all they could be. These sort of problems simply shouldn't occur.

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm as far from being a tech expert as you'll get Allan but these explanations seem perfectly reasonable. In general I think that in the rush to implement new technology solutions for general use in society, the actual application isn't quite there yet, or if it is, isn't being applied in practice. It would appear that scanners, in widespread use, aren't all they could be. These sort of problems simply shouldn't occur.

The hand held scanners they use at Fir park Dave are much better as the operator can make sure they can see all the barcode so it scans OK.

So St Mirren are obviously not wanting to pay for turnstile operators and their stewards don't want to know so that's how delays occur.

• Like 1