Pay at the gate

mio

Does anyone know if the club has plans to introduce a pay at the gate  /tap/chip pin facility.
I tried to buy tickets for myself and kids for Sundays game and the online function seemed to be down, it also didn’t allow a family ticket option online? Well I didn’t see it anyway.

It just seems incredibly stupid that outwith rangers and celtic games (that I understand )we are missing out on last minute fans coming to the game, which I know are many, including a lot of pensioners who aren’t that “up” on online systems and it’s putting them off attending. Standing for 35mins to get tickets from the office on a game day isn’t acceptable.

I know this has been brought up before but I really don’t see any knock on problems with this? 

1 hour ago, mio said:

Does anyone know if the club has plans to introduce a pay at the gate  /tap/chip pin facility.
I tried to buy tickets for myself and kids for Sundays game and the online function seemed to be down, it also didn’t allow a family ticket option online? Well I didn’t see it anyway.

It just seems incredibly stupid that outwith rangers and celtic games (that I understand )we are missing out on last minute fans coming to the game, which I know are many, including a lot of pensioners who aren’t that “up” on online systems and it’s putting them off attending. Standing for 35mins to get tickets from the office on a game day isn’t acceptable.

I know this has been brought up before but I really don’t see any knock on problems with this? 

Unless the club spends a lot of cash we don't have replacing the antiquated and ridiculous turnstiles we have in operation just now to modern easier to access, units with full cashless options etc, we are stuck with the current situation. The current turnstiles are an embarrassment in this day and age.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Unless the club spends a lot of cash we don't have replacing the antiquated and ridiculous turnstiles we have in operation just now to modern easier to access, units with full cashless options etc, we are stuck with the current situation. The current turnstiles are an embarrassment in this day and age.

Although I understand what you’re saying, I do still like the clunky sounds of the turnstile turning as the guy presses a pedal and then you turn it to pass through. Can’t beat a bit of nostalgia  

• Like 5

I assume the ticket office uses contactless payment so the club has the technology, the trick would be to designate a gate in each stand capable of accepting such payment and getting someone to count heads to ensure we didn’t sell more seats than we have (unlikely).

• Like 1

You'd also have to figure out how to tell the PATG folk where to sit, because everyone who bought a ticket in advance will have an assigned seat. And for better or for worse, we've all seen folk getting arsey when they're either or not sitting or can't sit where their ticket says they should be sitting, even in a half-empty stadium.

21 hours ago, mio said:

Absolutely agree with this there should be a card/cash gate at very least in the home end to allow last minute decisions to take in the game. Its an embarrassment to see people queuing in a massive line before kick off at the ticket office, that would put me off going . The club are only looking at easiness for themselves not customer requirements. Club could be loosing two or three grand per game ,im sure it would be well used.  But hay ho its Motherwell we are talking about and disorganisation is our middle name. 

3 hours ago, numpty said:

You'd also have to figure out how to tell the PATG folk where to sit, because everyone who bought a ticket in advance will have an assigned seat. And for better or for worse, we've all seen folk getting arsey when they're either or not sitting or can't sit where their ticket says they should be sitting, even in a half-empty stadium.

I've been lots of places where you pay at the gate and they give you back a ticket stub with your seat number on it.

(Or you just label a small section of seats PATG).

A nicer solution would be buying online and having an e-ticket delivered to your phone; that should take care of most people and massively reduce the number of people that end up buying on the day from the ticket office.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

A nicer solution would be buying online and having an e-ticket delivered to your phone; that should take care of most people and massively reduce the number of people that end up buying on the day from the ticket office.

You can already do that, I just bought one for the Killie game and it's now in my Google Wallet...

5 hours ago, numpty said:

Happened to us on Saturday as folk were on our seats just before kick off, no hassle and I managed to get my usual seat but my mates just sat in row behind me.  To be honest they said it's the best experience they have had for a while as didn't need to listen to me for 90 mins!! 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, numpty said:

You can already do that, I just bought one for the Killie game and it's now in my Google Wallet...

If that's the case then we need to get people educated on the convenience of e-tickets instead of queuing up on matchday.

Assuming you can buy them on matchday of course. 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

If that's the case then we need to get people educated on the convenience of e-tickets instead of queuing up on matchday.

Assuming you can buy them on matchday of course. 

Yeah, dunno what the cutoff time is, if any.

I think it's a tricky one. The buying in advance deters people who say last minute decide they want to go to a game. Also although a lot of us apps ...online purchases etc , not everyone is technically savvy so needs to be fair to everyone.

All clubs do this so isn't just a Well issue

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I think it's a tricky one. The buying in advance deters people who say last minute decide they want to go to a game. Also although a lot of us apps ...online purchases etc , not everyone is technically savvy so needs to be fair to everyone.

"I'm not technically savvy" says grandpa as he posts another covid conspiracy theory on facebook while complaining about immigrants in his whatsApp group.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Good points Grizzly. We are heading for a cashless society but we're not there just yet. Some older folk do struggle with modern technology and as we've seen over the past few months some websites are far from user friendly. We need all the support we can muster and older fans, many of whom  have been to Fir Park for donkey's years shouldn't be sidelined impatiently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Good points well said we are almost there with the cashless society and it wont be long till the photo ID 🪪 is here for everyone. 
Well we have photo ID for work, Drivers licence, passport, and soon for voting.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Happened to us on Saturday as folk were on our seats just before kick off, no hassle and I managed to get my usual seat but my mates just sat in row behind me.  To be honest they said it's the best experience they have had for a while as didn't need to listen to me for 90 mins!! 😂😂😂

Well that explains the guy running about offering folk £20 if they go and sit in his seat. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wellfan said:

Do you think St Mirren may have away tickets to sell tomorrow outside the ground immediately before the game?

AFAIK no. Tickets were available up to 4.00pm today and for those who weren't able to pick up in time (the ticket office is closed tomorrow morning), they are being sent to St Mirren to be collected from their head steward at the turnstyle at the away end.