SPL Motherwell v Kilmarnock 26/08/2023

SteelmaninOZ

On 8/24/2023 at 7:25 PM, steelboy said:

On the subject of Killie this Swedish team Aberdeen are playing have a top class 4G pitch which the teams are actually able to play football on. If the league can't force Killie and Livi to put down grass surely they could make them use plastic that isn't utterly shite.

The competitive and financial advantage the two plastic teams get from their shite pitches is a direct disadvantage to us yet we seem to do nothing about it.

It's Scottish football.

If we can do it wrong, that's the way we do it.

There was a rumour Wilkinson got a bad one in training. Looks like it's true. 

Kettlewell looking a bit daft after his comments about Ferrie being the third striker. Efford correctly gets the start but how hard is he going to try for a manager who has shit talked him in the press? We'll see. 

4 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Wilkinson out, presume injured as not on the bench. My god we’re thin on the ground for strikers.

We’ve either been extremely unlucky with regards to signing crocks this summer or we’ve done absolutely no research on their fitness.

The way things are going I expect Kettlewell to confirm that Wilkinson will be out until at least January.

Just now, MJC said:

We’ve either been extremely unlucky with regards to signing crocks this summer or we’ve done absolutely no research on their fitness.

The way things are going I expect Kettlewell to confirm that Wilkinson will be out until at least January.

I've said in the past that Daws appears to be useless. Couple that with Kettlewell’s lazy summer signings and we’re already in bother. 

9 minutes ago, MJC said:

Wilkinson has played +30 games for last xx years. He's defo unlucky.

The same can't be said for Paton , Soare, Obika or Biereth. 

SK has to take his share of accountability for this.  Reducing squad size whilst brining in players who have had little game time was one heck of a risk. 

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

SK has to take his share of accountability for this.  Reducing squad size whilst brining in players who have had little game time was one heck of a risk. 

Tick-tock. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

It harsh including Biereth in there after that tackle 

Do we know what Soare and Wilkinsons injuries are? Beireth has to get the benefit of the doubt here, as we saw that horror tackle with our own eyes, but we are making some very big assumptions on the other two since we didn't see how the injury happen.

I'd definitely question why we've picked up some serious injuries in training, but stop short of blaming the players or us for signing them until I actually know the details.

12 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

It harsh including Biereth in there after that tackle 

Bierreth is the one singing I've been really excited about.  Point I didn't make well was SK has rolled the dice on players who have all missed large chunks of games. 

I don't accept that we're that we're so strapped for cash that we couldn't bring in other players of similar or better quality that have better health record. 

Im a huge fan of how SK has run the club and tackled issues. I'm not convinced on his signing approach albeit willing many of them to turn good.