SPL Motherwell v Kilmarnock 26/08/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Kilmarnock look like they might be a hard team to break down this season,they've made a couple of decent signings in defence,that and the fact we have problems up front,the first goal in this game will be vital,we need to be getting it.

Some teams use the "earn the right to play football" mantra. From what I've seen from Killie so far this season they have adopted the "earn the right to stop football" mantra.

The best way to counter that is with an early goal - easier said than done, but we need to be on the front foot right from kickoff.

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Has someone hacked your account?? 🤣🤣🤣🤪

Not atall lol. I think in a game like this with home advantage we can be reasonably confident of taking the points. Kilmarnock are a hard side to play against but being at home should help us as as long as we get in front I think we’ll get the job done.

20 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

We will struggle to score against that Kilmarnock team. As usual when one of the OF go out before the semis we fuck up a winable tie. 

They will play different against us versus against the OF so hopefully we can create and convert a few chances 

Like most games in our league, this one is hard to predict.

Killie will be on a high having despatched both Rangers and Celtic already, but I would expect a reaction from our players after yesterday and as others have said, Killies record away from home is not as good.

I think a lot will depend on who we have fit and available. But I would expect SK to try and get back to basics with team selection.

I expect hard fought close encounter with us winning by the odd goal.

In three games versus Rangers, Hearts and Celtic Kilmarnock have only allowed 6 shots on target and have three clean sheets. 

In our three games against Dundee, Hibs and St Mirren we have managed 7 shots on target and scored 3 goals.

Given how little we are creating this is going to be another struggle. 

1 hour ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

I agree with that….has anyone got an account with them? I mean Viaplay no Kilmarnock 🙄

Nope.

Not interested in the ugly sisters and Im at most Scotland games so no need.

12 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

I agree with that….has anyone got an account with them? I mean Viaplay no Kilmarnock 🙄

Paid for a month's subscription. When I phoned to cancel it, the chancer told me the St Mirren game was being shown live on telly. I pointed out no 3pm kick offs are shown live and he said, my mistake, we've moved it to 6pm and we'll be telling the clubs nearer the time.

Their results thus far would suggest they're a team enjoying a good run at the very least, and we're meeting them during that run. They always play better at home, but they got a draw at Tynecastle, which is always a good result.

McInnes is no mug, so we'll do well to get three points from this game. 

A very hard game in prospect and we can't afford to field the same personnel or play the tactics as we did last weekend, if we want to take anything from the game.

As it is, our striking options give me the fear.

However, its not all gloom and doom. Killie may have an off day / we may strike it lucky etc etc. Its all to play for.