Livingston v Motherwell 07/10/2023

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, steelboy said:

Pressure on Kettlewell now. It's time for him to take some responsibility.

Definitely. He’s done a good job so far but this is going to be four losses in a row and thanks to his dreadful forward recruitment in the summer (and yes, I know Biereths injury can’t be blamed on him) we just cannot score goals. In this league we know that margins are tight and being able to pick up points is crucial and our lack of goal scoring options is costing us big time in that dept.

Ah well.  Looks like a bad day at office but let's not start going overboard. Jeez we nearly got a point against sellik last week and were playing well.  All teams have bad performances and we are no different. Let's not go on a crusade of singling out players etc etc.  We will bounce back....COYW

Just now, steelboy said:

Spittal is playing at that level of shiteness where no else will want him but we'll offer him a new contract anyway. 

Have you had that sitting in your cut and paste buffer for 6 months waiting for a chance to use it?

• Like 2

I feel fortunate that I am watching this in the house loaded wi man flu.

I feel for our supporters traveling through there, terrible weather, plastic park and  paying a fortune to sit and watch this dross. And it was dross prior to going to 10 men.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's not just going forward. We are playing a 5-4-1 and have kept 1 clean sheet in 9 games. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. 

That’s the big issues.

We can’t score goals and we can’t keep clean sheets either.

That is a recipe for relegation I’m afraid.

• Haha 1

When we signed Shaw, I thought that was to let us get back to starting with 2 strikers up top.

Four successive games playing a lone striker and (barring biblical proportional miracles) four defeats on the trot surely confirms it doesn't suit us.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MJC said:

Definitely. He’s done a good job so far but this is going to be four losses in a row and thanks to his dreadful forward recruitment in the summer (and yes, I know Biereths injury can’t be blamed on him) we just cannot score goals. In this league we know that margins are tight and being able to pick up points is crucial and our lack of goal scoring options is costing us big time in that dept.

As soon as Van Veen left it was going to be difficult. After today if we don't score it will be 8 games played only 7 goals scored. Oh and a certain Louis Moult has just netted for Dundee Utd. Now 3 in 4 games for him.