Motherwell v Ross County 28/10/2023

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Hopefully two up front. We have struggled without Miller on the park against St Mirren and Livi so I expect Slattery will be playing deeper to compensate for him being missing.

If we lose this one then pressure really goes onto Kettlewell.

Before we went on bad run he had lost 3 competitive games out of 24.  All teams go on bad runs so I don't think there should be pressure put on him.  Just think where we were before he took over....now that was a disaster 

• Like 3

Bair & Shaw to start up top for me, Wilkinson has been horrendous every time I see him.

Bair isn't bad 30 yards from goal, but on his own it doesn't work. Stick Shaw in beside him and let someone take advantage of the hard work he does.

3-1 to us with a good performance too.

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Bair & Shaw to start up top for me, Wilkinson has been horrendous every time I see him.

Bair isn't bad 30 yards from goal, but on his own it doesn't work. Stick Shaw in beside him and let someone take advantage of the hard work he does.

3-1 to us with a good performance too.

That’s what I think too COYW!!

• Like 1

With Miller out suspended it is definitely an opportunity for SK to change things up a bit in terms of shape.

Whether its 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 or some other variation Im not overly fussed. Be interesting to see if Butcher is fit what happens there.

I think he and Casey at the back could be secure enough, but that would be harsh on McGinn who has been one of our best players this season.

Probably start with the tried and tested with the option to pull a centre half for an extra forward player later in the game if required.....

43 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

With Miller out suspended it is definitely an opportunity for SK to change things up a bit in terms of shape.

Whether its 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 or some other variation Im not overly fussed. Be interesting to see if Butcher is fit what happens there.

I think he and Casey at the back could be secure enough, but that would be harsh on McGinn who has been one of our best players this season.

Probably start with the tried and tested with the option to pull a centre half for an extra forward player later in the game if required.....

Can't drop McGinn, he is Mr consistent, 7-8/10 every week in my opinion.  If butcher was back in a back 3 then either Mugabi or possibly SOD to drop down.  Though I think SOD gets a hard press and I don't know why.  But...also I want to see young Brodie on his natural right hand side.   Ohhhh so many decisions.....I will stick to my day job and leave it to SK

And in another of my rallying cries I hope we all get behind the lads on Saturday.  They need encouragement and not nervous and grumpy fans giving them stick if things not going great.  I know it's 4 defeats on the trot but I feel Livi was the only poor one 

With a noisy home support encouraging them it really can work as a 12th man so who is for joining me in getting right behind the team on Saturday?.....COYWWWWWWWWW

• Like 3

8 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Can't drop McGinn, he is Mr consistent, 7-8/10 every week in my opinion.  If butcher was back in a back 3 then either Mugabi or possibly SOD to drop down.  Though I think SOD gets a hard press and I don't know why.  But...also I want to see young Brodie on his natural right hand side.   Ohhhh so many decisions.....I will stick to my day job and leave it to SK

Safer to let SK deal with picking the team and you stick to being the comedian :thankyou:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Aye, wouldnt drop McGinn either.

Was really just responding to the question of whether we could play a 4 at the back.

Think we are much more likely to stick with the 5.

SOD has been much better in a 5, but he still looks a bit awkward on the ball at times and folk cant see past that and his previous performances.

I think in our system having Spencer on the right and Gent on the left would make us more dynamic going forward, but neither are our player and it would leave us an issue with SOD again, and he hasnt done that much wrong this season for me.

Butcher back in defence for Mugabi and 2 up top seem the most obvious changes sticking with Paton, Slattery and Spittal in midfield.

• Thanks 1

If Butcher is match fit (did we play a bounce game during the long break?), he could play the holding midfield role with young Miller suspended - that was his position for years mind. Zdravkovski is another option, maybe he'll get another chance in there. Mugabi hasn't done too much wrong so would be a bit harsh dropping him out of the defence. Anyway aye, it's up to the manager!

4 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Aye, wouldnt drop McGinn either.

Was really just responding to the question of whether we could play a 4 at the back.

Think we are much more likely to stick with the 5.

SOD has been much better in a 5, but he still looks a bit awkward on the ball at times and folk cant see past that and his previous performances.

I think in our system having Spencer on the right and Gent on the left would make us more dynamic going forward, but neither are our player and it would leave us an issue with SOD again, and he hasnt done that much wrong this season for me.

Butcher back in defence for Mugabi and 2 up top seem the most obvious changes sticking with Paton, Slattery and Spittal in midfield.

Because if you look at some of the goals we conceded - SOD has let the ball goes over his head and someone is unmarked at back post.

If he cuts out this flaw then he'll do.

1 hour ago, wunderwell said:

Because if you look at some of the goals we conceded - SOD has let the ball goes over his head and someone is unmarked at back post.

If he cuts out this flaw then he'll do.

The goals that you describe have been caused by players at the front being out of position, forcing everyone in the line to have to move in one to cover whats in front of goal. That leaves the man at the back post looking really stupid. But its not their fault. On one occasion it was Casey that was left high and dry at the back post and he quite rightly went tonto at his team mates. 

Im hoping putting Butcher back in there sorts that problem out. He is clearly a talker and an organiser. We need that back in our defence.

• Like 3