Kilmarnock v Motherwell 04/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

11 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

There is no way, no fucking way, that Bair & Wilkinson were our two best options on the budget we have. Not a chance. And that's before we talk about Obika.

Spencer & Mika have been good, but the those two in particular are so so poor and we could have done far better.

Completely agree,keeping obika on was the lazy option,he was average last season when he wasn't injured,that set the tone for a piss poor transfer window.bair is shite,the best thing that can be said about him is that he works hard and that's where it ends,I thought wilkinson might have been a decent signing but he's a carthorse,throw in shaw and our option are as bad as I can remember.we would have been as well keeping shields and mandaron that's how bad things are.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

People keep on saying we did well against Rangers and Celtic but five teams have already taken points off them and we got fuck all. 

Correct, we LOST those games. Hard luck stories get you fuck all and those two games contribute to our dismal run.

Took my son to 3 games this season. 3 x 1 nil defeats and 270 mins without even seeing a well goal. Worst performance today in years. Gifted possession ti Kilmarnock just outside box. Only poor finishing and poor ceossing prevented them scoring more. High balls up in direction of strikers appeared to be our plan. Most of time not passing to a well player. Really bad recruitment in Bair and Wilkinson. Bair lacks skill and is not a goalscorer.  Wilkinson has no mobility. Turns like an hgv lorry. Need changes soon. Hope we can offload in January. Even my sons tram played better and hes 11. Kilmarnock full of hatchet men too and didnt give mwell an inch. We had no response to it.

• Like 1

Just now, Mootherwell86 said:

We should pay Kettlewell off, appoint our 4th manager in the last 18 months, finish 8th or 9th in the league with no cup runs and then repeat the process again next season. 

Sadly though that’s where we are at as a club. Toiling along hoping to survive without showing any ambition whatsoever. Sooner or later we are going to be relegated and perhaps that’s what we need as a club, perhaps. We need a reboot, a kick up the arse and a change of direction and “perhaps” and i cannot emphasise that word enough, that would be the catalyst for it. By the same token we could end up going part time and never return to the top flight but…only time would tell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

Sadly though that’s where we are at as a club. Toiling along hoping to survive without showing any ambition whatsoever. Sooner or later we are going to be relegated and perhaps that’s what we need as a club, perhaps. We need a reboot, a kick up the arse and a change of direction and “perhaps” and i cannot emphasise that word enough, that would be the catalyst for it. By the same token we could end up going part time and never return to the top flight but…only time would tell.

We definitely don't need relegated. We had a decent team towards the the end of last season and needed to replace the players that left. 

We just need a half decent manager rather than a rambling idiot. 

Another thing that might help is having someone above the manager who can assess players. I don't think it's a coincidence that Robinson has suddenly managed to stop signing duds now that he has Lasley overseeing him.

29 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

We show no initiative as a club. No thinking outside the box. We could have forged relations with better teams to take thier academy players. Try asian market. Kettlewell has  no contacts and club ownership model does not allow for innovation. Like bein tun by a comitee. 

We tried Asian market....... remember Danzaki

33 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We definitely don't need relegated. We had a decent team towards the the end of last season and needed to replace the players that left. 

We just need a half decent manager rather than a rambling idiot. 

Another thing that might help is having someone above the manager who can assess players. I don't think it's a coincidence that Robinson has suddenly managed to stop signing duds now that he has Lasley overseeing him.

The problem is though that it’s quite clear that it goes beyond the man in the dugout.

You look at Robinson, Alexander, Hammell and now Kettlewell. What’s the common denominator? The people running the club with the exception of Burrows that’s what. 

You mention Robinson stopping signing duds because Lasley is overseeing him. Could another explanation for that not be that he is now working for a club with a better set up than us who is better run and isn’t hampered by our losers mentality? 

We as a club are ran like a bowling club committee and show absolutely no ambition whatsoever. If Kettlewell went tonight would you have any faith whatsoever in those same people then making the right appointment? I certainly don’t and that’s why we have no chance of a Lambert, Lennon, Levein type appointment. The type of man who will rock the boat and make demands of the board. It just won’t happen and that’s why we are more likely to see Ricky fucking Foster as our next manager or at least part of the next regime.

18 minutes ago, MJC said:

You mention Robinson stopping signing duds because Lasley is overseeing him. Could another explanation for that not be that he is now working for a club with a better set up than us who is better run and isn’t hampered by our losers mentality? 

St Mirren?