Motherwell v St Johnstone 09/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

The positives: We’re not getting beat and we’ve competed well enough so far. Plus both Aberdeen and Livingston are losing which would keep them below us.

The negatives: We are still shite and our forward options remain the worst in recent memory 

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

Nah, Gent has run into trouble multiple times trying to defend (he's given away free kicks right on the line that were lucky not to be pens). He's good going forward, but I seriously doubt his ability to play 90 mins and cope with the defensive duties. Everyone has been screaming for him to play because he's good going forward, and I get that, but I think if he was up to the task defensively, Kettlewell would have started him long before now.

Davor just looks like he's no where near SPL standard to me.

More than happy to be proved wrong and will celebrate a win as much as the next man. maybe the adversity of being short of players and backs against the wall will bring a performance out of them today.

Both doing ok so far, Gent likes to get early cross in

Just now, mio said:

Rank rotten game. Typical Craig Levein team.

i think we’ll struggle to break their defence down and we are so poor at the back that one break away from St Johnstone could easily do us. 

That’s my worry. Almost got sucker punched right before the half but luckily Kane just couldn’t connect properly. 

Obika became a world beater while he was out injured, he is absolutely mince. Shaw & Biereth should be our preferred two and we should just stick with it.

Gent has done well but Davor has struggled a bit, seems to just want to play backwards/sideways and doesn't carry the ball much.

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Obika became a world beater while he was out injured, he is absolutely mince. Shaw & Biereth should be our preferred two and we should just stick with it.

Gent has done well but Davor has struggled a bit, seems to just want to play backwards/sideways and doesn't carry the ball much.

Although he doesn’t give it away much. Win the ball and keep possession. I’ll take and let the other midfielders step up and do the “creative” work.