Motherwell v St Johnstone 09/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, ppower said:

Even if we lose I don't think the board will sack Kettlewell. If they did pull the trigger it would be admitting they cocked up again and that they are incompetent.

If we lose tomorrow and the Board doesn't pull the trigger then the heat will be firmly on it. 

8 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Probably line up per below since not too many options due to players out

kelly

O’Donnel Bevis Blaney

Davour

spencer Slattery Spittal Gent

Mika  Wilkinson

the wee black guy in the st j midfield will run the show tommorow   unless someone gets right in about him early doors, pass him about with all our midfield taking chances at cementing him     simpleees :)

2 hours ago, ppower said:

We have only won 2 out of our last 10 meetings with them. Saints also won both visits to Fit Park last season. Slag Levein all you like but he is an experienced manager. This is a game we can't afford to lose. I would take a point right now. Even if we lose I don't think the board will sack Kettlewell. If they did pull the trigger it would be admitting they cocked up again and that they are incompetent.

is that incompetent ? or  incontanent  ? cause most things they do reek a pish     thank u

11 hours ago, smiddy said:

the wee black guy in the st j midfield will run the show tommorow   unless someone gets right in about him early doors, pass him about with all our midfield taking chances at cementing him     simpleees :)

Not a fan of your phrasing as the gentleman in question actually has a name but I agree with you. Daniel Philips is exactly the kind of midfielder that we need and, although he was poor in the last game, he controlled the midfield when playing against us last season.

17 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

fair play - this is as strong a team as we have available. 

Been wanting to see Spencer/Gent on the wingback roles fo a while. 
Equally been keen to see Davor 

i expect you'll see why neither of them have started 🙂

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Not a fan of your phrasing as the gentleman in question actually has a name but I agree with you. Daniel Philips is exactly the kind of midfielder that we need and, although he was poor in the last game, he controlled the midfield when playing against us last season.

Don’t see anything wrong with that. I use phrases like that all the time. If you don’t know the name it helps narrow it down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

MJC has hacked your account 🤣🤣

Nah, Gent has run into trouble multiple times trying to defend (he's given away free kicks right on the line that were lucky not to be pens). He's good going forward, but I seriously doubt his ability to play 90 mins and cope with the defensive duties. Everyone has been screaming for him to play because he's good going forward, and I get that, but I think if he was up to the task defensively, Kettlewell would have started him long before now.

Davor just looks like he's no where near SPL standard to me.

More than happy to be proved wrong and will celebrate a win as much as the next man. maybe the adversity of being short of players and backs against the wall will bring a performance out of them today.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Don’t see anything wrong with that. I use phrases like that all the time. If you don’t know the name it helps narrow it down. 

Pish. That's no better than our commentator constantly getting Obika and Mugabi mixed up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1