Motherwell v Livingston 30/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

48 minutes ago, El Grew said:

We should remember that Theo Bair only turned 24 in August and this is only his 2nd full season in Scottish football. I believe if he gets  a proper run in the team he could develop into quite a decent player. He also seems to be a good foil for Biereth. They’re both still young and raw but there is definitely something to work on with them.

Maybe that's why the manager signed them.

18 minutes ago, wellfan said:

If he steers us to a miserable 10th, avoiding the playoff, I’m pretty sure the new regime at the top (whoever that is) won't renew his contract in the summer. He’ll have our thanks for the rollercoaster and we’ll hopefully employ someone with a bit more experience. 

What if he steers us to 8th

Celllllllllebrate good times come on!!!

Ahhh to go out after a game for celebratory pint is a good experience I haven't had for a while.  Yes it wasn't pretty and Livu are brutal but I couldn't care less. 3 points was the priority which we got .

Special mention to The Bair.  After missing a sitter after 30 seconds you fear the worst but the lad never hides and his assist and goals were excellent.   

Special mention to McGinn who is such a vital player and I like wee Davor.  Gent likes to get in early crosses and SOD and Spencer 2nd half put in a few teasers.

Yes it's only 1 win but we ain't had much to celebrate recently so let's make most of it 

Happy New Year folks when it comes 

• Like 2

A very decent first half performance. We were by far the better team and 3-1 flattered them hugely. We retained possession well and moved the ball forward quickly when the chance arose. For some reason, we started the second have very flatly and found it difficult to get any sort of control. Understandably, given the shocking run we have been on, the longer the game went, the more nervous we looked. That said, Livingstone didn't offer much threat at all.

No great failures today, Davor, Spencer, Gent and McGinn all played well but Bair had, arguably, his best game for us.

check out martindales aftermatch presser with the livingston media   its feckin hillairous hees got more faces than benny hill and he will be getting done for murder the morra in the papers ,,,,, hees fucked the back 5 under the team bus and says we shouldv been 3 up before we scored our first, all individual errors that hees not takeing resposability for    OOOOOOOOFFFFTTT   check it out on the livi website

7 minutes ago, smiddy said:

check out martindales aftermatch presser with the livingston media   its feckin hillairous hees got more faces than benny hill and he will be getting done for murder the morra in the papers ,,,,, hees fucked the back 5 under the team bus and says we shouldv been 3 up before we scored our first, all individual errors that hees not takeing resposability for    OOOOOOOOFFFFTTT   check it out on the livi website

I have sympathy for him, why should he carry the can for pros who can't do the fuckin basics. Kettlewell has to suffer the same stuff.

22 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I have sympathy for him, why should he carry the can for pros who can't do the fuckin basics. Kettlewell has to suffer the same stuff.

I dare say he ( and Kettlewell) are paid quite handsomely for their troubles. 

Managers get praised when things are going well only natural to expect criticism when things are going shite.

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

do you think so ???? i would say they are only on a  "good tradesmans rate" £ 1200 a week approx ??

So the manager is paid less than Kelly and O'Donnell?

8 minutes ago, Jastons said:

I dare say he ( and Kettlewell) are paid quite handsomely for their troubles. 

Managers get praised when things are going well only natural to expect criticism when things are going shite.

Yes they shouldn't be exempt but sometimes it's actually the players fault for being unable to pass a ball ten feet.

17 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

So the manager is paid less than Kelly and O'Donnell?

shouldv actually said i was thinking along the lines of martindale but i see i said "they"

wouldnt think the kettle would be on any more than say £80k clear + maybe bonus, ? obvilously just a guess but right now hes not earning it

Great to get a result & a first half performance. Should have scored a few more in the 1st half.

Dont want to get too excited as  Livi were dire, but lets enjoy the 3 points -its been a while!

Big Bair was constantly on it and that second goal was a beauty. Not sure how he missed the one early doors or when mika laid the hat trick on a plate for him but it made no difference.

Mon the 'well!!!

2 hours ago, smiddy said:

do you think so ???? i would say they are only on a  "good tradesmans rate" £ 1200 a week approx ??

Geez a job. What trade you talking about , is it in real world. I can start on Monday.