Motherwell v Livingston 30/12/2023

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Yodo said:

As above no lack of ambition and I’m sure there are more than me who like to see him at Fir Park 

Amazing he hasn't worked in management since he was sacked over a year ago. He must have been waiting for our call.

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Amazing he hasn't worked in management since he was sacked over a year ago. He must have been waiting for our call.

I thought our forum was full of roasters, but the Aberdeen forum has someone shouting for the sacking of Robson and employing of Wayne Rooney. Every forum probably has a Yodo/Steelboy/wellfan/MJC.

Just now, AllyMax said:

I thought our forum was full of roasters, but the Aberdeen forum has someone shouting for the sacking of Robson and employing of Wayne Rooney. Every forum probably has a Yodo.

I’ll take Rooney if Lennon decides we are not for him . 

Just now, Yodo said:

I’ll take Rooney if Lennon decides we are not for him . 

That properly doesn't surprise me.

21 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

No pedigree...... in Lennons case you missed out  no class, no managerial ability, no people who rate or like him, no Motherwell fan apart from you who wants him anywhere near Fir Park.

A disruptive divisive character who would cause mayhem at our club. People can point to the trophies he won at Celtic but anybody could have done that with their budget and lack of competition in Scotland at the time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Waiting for the recall from Celtic when Rodgers walks/gets sacked.

17 minutes ago, Yodo said:

As above no lack of ambition and I’m sure there are more than me who like to see him at Fir Park 

ok SOL troops    who likes/ fancys neil lennon like yodo

or doesnt like neil lennon like spiderpig           answers please,,,,,     mines, heez a dick,  1 to spider  :thankyou:

12 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

I thought our forum was full of roasters, but the Aberdeen forum has someone shouting for the sacking of Robson and employing of Wayne Rooney. Every forum probably has a Yodo/Steelboy/wellfan/MJC.

And every forum is also full of delusional happy clappers. 

56 minutes ago, smiddy said:

or doesnt like neil lennon like spiderpig           answers please,,,,,     mines, heez a dick,  1 to spider  :thankyou:

Not for me.

Nothing against him personally.

Just dont think he would be a good fit for us on our budget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

Abso-fuckin-lutely not......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

Regardless of his personality Lennon’s win rate outwith Celtic’s massive financial advantage is 38.1% with even that heavily bolstered by  Hibs winning  in the Championship.  
It’s therefore not a lack of ambition not wanting Neil Lennon, it’s actually not wanting someone with a worse managerial record than Stuart Kettlewell (even including his time at RC). 

I always think when we sack managers who’s out there that’s better. Kettlewell we at least play some decent football. Something we didn’t do under Hammell after the christmas break. And hadn’t done under Alexander at all. 

people talk about pedigree but let’s be honest our options are young up and coming managers or old heads who have failed elsewhere im always in the camp of a young manager who’s willing to work and improve and give them a chance like Robinson and Alexander and Baraclough where even Kettlewell. Those are more ambitious appointments than appointing say Tommy Wright or John Hughes.

2 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

I always think when we sack managers who’s out there that’s better. Kettlewell we at least play some decent football. Something we didn’t do under Hammell after the christmas break. And hadn’t done under Alexander at all. 

people talk about pedigree but let’s be honest our options are young up and coming managers or old heads who have failed elsewhere im always in the camp of a young manager who’s willing to work and improve and give them a chance like Robinson and Alexander and Baraclough where even Kettlewell. Those are more ambitious appointments than appointing say Tommy Wright or John Hughes.

I can't disagree with your sentiment here; however, it's already clear to me that Kettlewell will never achieve what Robinson did with Motherwell.

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I can't disagree with your sentiment here; however, it's already clear to me that Kettlewell will never achieve what Robinson did with Motherwell.

I think we won’t see anyone achieve what Robbo did I said at the time we let him walk we were making a mistake. But we are where we are and I’ll hope kettlewell comes good for us and has us doing as best we can

8 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

I think we won’t see anyone achieve what Robbo did I said at the time we let him walk we were making a mistake. But we are where we are and I’ll hope kettlewell comes good for us and has us doing as best we can

Let's see how he does in his second transfer window. If it's anything like his first, we're in trouble and he’ll be gone by summer. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

We had already talked  him out if walking a few weeks beforehand and then a few weeks later he chose to go 

We have a shelf life as a club as do most smaller clubs

Robbo and McInnes etc will probably be under pressure next year, if not before,it's just the way it goes

3 hours ago, Throughthelaces said:

robbo virtually threw himself under a bus in his last interview,

16 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

We had already talked  him out if walking a few weeks beforehand and then a few weeks later he chose to go 

We have a shelf life as a club as do most smaller clubs

Robbo and McInnes etc will probably be under pressure next year, if not before,it's just the way it goes

Not a dig at you GBoS but what do you mean by a "smaller club"? I often see us referred to as being one, but am curious as to which ones we are being compared to. I'd say in a Scottish context we are in the largest 20/25%. If in a British context then yes, we are but so are the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United. In a European context yes, we most certainly are.

13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not a dig at you GBoS but what do you mean by a "smaller club"? I often see us referred to as being one, but am curious as to which ones we are being compared to. I'd say in a Scottish context we are in the largest 20/25%. If in a British context then yes, we are but so are the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United. In a European context yes, we most certainly are.

No worries, suppose I meant relative to old firm , even their managers have a shelf life....I was a Robbo fan, ultimately it was his choice to leave .