St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Another single point, and I hate them because too many, like we're getting this year puts you in that second bottom playoff that's far too risky. Better to be bottom and take all the stress out of it for the poor punters.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Kettlewell has a better record with us than Courts had at Tannadice. You know folk can check stats, right?

Courts has a better ppg in the Premiership than Kettlewell. 

The guy is fucking hopeless. 1 win in 18 in this league, the only team he can get a win off are Livi who barely qualify as a football club. 

2 minutes ago, Inflato said:

Your life must be absolute misery when we're winning games.

I’m sure it isn’t. Any genuine Motherwell fan would never be miserable when we’re winning. Unfortunately we have won once in eighteen league games so it’s hard to gauge how anyone’s mood is when we’re “winning games” just now.

6 minutes ago, Inflato said:

Your life must be absolute misery when we're winning games.

I like it when we win games which is why I'm fed up with the current chancer manager. 

It's the people who seem happy enough to watching losing football every week as long they get their calender signed and a few wee videos to watch on their phone every week that are the problem.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

I like it when we win games which is why I'm fed up with the current chancer manager. 

It's the people who seem happy enough to watching losing football every week as long they get their calender signed and a few wee videos to watch on their phone every week that are the problem.

Hear fucking Hear!! 👍

Just now, steelboy said:

Except we didn't lose today. I've seen comments on social media over the last few months saying it would be better for Motherwell to be relegated so we can rebuild. I don't share that view. Do you think another manager would do better with the team we currently have ?

7 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Courts has a better ppg in the Premiership than Kettlewell. 

The guy is fucking hopeless. 1 win in 18 in this league, the only team he can get a win off are Livi who barely qualify as a football club. 

Kettlewell has a better points per game record with us than Courts did with Utd. 

• Like 1

Looking at their goal my guess is that the shitey VAR system wasn't able to draw lines because you can't actually see Spittal's feet through the crowd of players so they just let it stand. 

So glad we voted for this and spend a fortune on it.

Just now, bobbybingo said:

Kettlewell has a better points per game record with us than Courts did with Utd. 

Due to the players he inherited. With his own team it's 0.95 points per game and his overall record for us and RC is 1.06 ppg over almost 100 games. 

2 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Except we didn't lose today. I've seen comments on social media over the last few months saying it would be better for Motherwell to be relegated so we can rebuild. I don't share that view. Do you think another manager would do better with the team we currently have ?

But we didn’t win either, and we should have. That’s what is so frustrating.

Just now, texanwellfan said:

If we can get a striker in then perhaps we can win our next 2 home games and change the mood a bit. 

“If” and “perhaps”. We’ve been saying this for nearly five months now. We need to start winning games and putting points on the board especially in games against our peer sides like St.Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee. Scraping draws with the last kick of the ball or only drawing games we have dominated just isn’t good enough.

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Due to the players he inherited. With his own team it's 0.95 points per game and his overall record for us and RC is 1.06 ppg over almost 100 games. 

Watch you don't put your back out moving those goalposts. Get Tam Courts to help you, he's at a loose end the now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

“If” and “perhaps”. We’ve been saying this for nearly five months now. We need to start winning games and putting points on the board especially in games against our peer sides like St.Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee. Scraping draws with the last kick of the ball or only drawing games we have dominated just isn’t good enough.

Of course it's not. I certainly don't want to see us relegated and it's clear we desperately need a striker. 

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

I don’t think anyone will disagree with your last statement.  However, some people are willing to give SK time to fix it and some are not. I’m in the give him time camp but I’m not going to try and convince others to think the same way as me. We all have our different view on things should be fixed and despite some jabs at you, I’m sure you will be delighted when we do get it fixed. 

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

We need to start winning games and putting points on the board especially in games against our peer sides like St.Johnstone, Ross County and Dundee. 

I suppose St Johnstone and Ross County might feel the same, given they're below us. The Great Levein has certainly brought the beautiful game to Perth.

• Like 1

You have to take each game in isolation, and with that, a point there is never terrible, especially with the squad situation.

We were a shambles for their goal, and looked so brittle from set pieces. It looked miles offside to me, and the dodgy var image they showed was not convincing in the slightest. The ref was a fucking clown all game.

Outside of that we were the better team, but only managed to cut them open a couple of times, in each case with excellent, fast, passing moves. But we paid the price for having just one striker. Paton will get stick, but he and spittal were constantly trying to make something happen, and put in a power of work.

Butcher looked better, but has to cut out the nonchalance on the ball, as it nearly cost us dearly. Halliday was a calm presence, but we didn't get him involved enough, and Nicholson looks handy. Miller is a class act.

Shout out to Mcginn, he was excellent.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Watch you don't put your back out moving those goalposts. Get Tam Courts to help you, he's at a loose end the now.

Kettlewell had an extremely favourable run of games last season with 14 games where 9 of them were against bottom 6 teams. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The players he inherited were on an absolute downer. But just pick and choose the stats to suit yourself.

You are the problem because it is not black (as you are) or white (everythings great)

The objective fan notes it's somewhere between the two.

• Like 1

Just now, texanwellfan said:

I don’t think anyone will disagree with your last statement.  However, some people are willing to give SK time to fix it and some are not. I’m in the give him time camp but I’m not going to try and convince others to think the same way as me. We all have our different view on things should be fixed and despite some jabs at you, I’m sure you will be delighted when we do get it fixed. 

I’m split on SK to be honest. On one hand I don’t like the idea of us changing yet another manager in the middle of a season and believe we do need some continuity. But on the other hand we have won one league match in eighteen and only scraped a win against lower league Alloa in the Cup. The football we are playing is dismal and we look poorly coached and managed. 

Either way something has to give. 

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Kettlewell had an extremely favourable run of games last season with 14 games where 9 of them were against bottom 6 teams. 

Aye, that's why he was brought in, because we were cruising with a fantastic squad playing out of their skins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought we deserved to win today and overall played well , particularly in the second half. 

It's not the win we'd have deserved but it's another point nudging us further away from Livingston. 

Appreciate the 1 league win in XX games comments. 

My thoughts are in the last 10 games played we've won 2. drawn 6 and lost 2.   I don't think we should be jumping over the manager for this.

We're 9th in the league which is probably about right for the size of our club. 

Of course I want to see us winning and with a bit more quality about us I think we will. With players coming back from injury and some reasonable new boys in we may just kick on and win a few games. 

• Like 1

I only caught the second half (and it was skipping relentlessly at that) so can't say too much. We looked okay without being spectacular or terrible. We keep above them for now, but our lack of options up top is really costing us.

The next couple of weeks are absolutely huge. We need some speedy business in the transfer window, and then we have two very winnable league games followed by a chance to get into the Scottish Cup Quarters. Three wins would be spectacular, but given it is now 1 win in 19 games (!!!!!!!!), I can't see it.

Let's see what happens.

7 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Aye, that's why he was brought in, because we were cruising with a fantastic squad playing out of their skins.

The players weren't playing for Hammell but they were good players. Even under Hammell the margins were slim.  Most weeks Kettlewell had 8 or 9 outfield players of a good standard which will get you to midtable in this league. 

Kettlewell chose to prioritise Paton over Cornelius and commit funds to Obika before the window even opened. He's the one who will pay the price because it's either win or get sacked now and we don't have a win in us.