St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

37 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Courts took Dundee United from the Championship into Europe. He's got a far better record than Kettlewell. 

So factually incorrect on both counts. Care to acknowledge that?

Any success he had in Management was in lower league football. It was Ferguson that managed Kelty to SPFL promotion. In the Championship, Courts was in temporary charge of Utd for one game as Mellon had CoVid. They lost

How about his time (4 months) in Hungary? Or do we just ignore that? 

The man you hold in such high regard has walked out on one Club and upon his Managerial return he left two others by Mutual Consent within a five month period. That is some CV.

And at least one of your other two suggestions has already refused our approach.

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The players weren't playing for Hammell but they were good players. Even under Hammell the margins were slim.  Most weeks Kettlewell had 8 or 9 outfield players of a good standard which will get you to midtable in this league. 

Kettlewell chose to prioritise Paton over Cornelius and commit funds to Obika before the window even opened. He's the one who will pay the price because it's either win or get sacked now and we don't have a win in us.

Cornelius was offered a contract and turned it down.

Do you fact check anything?

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The players weren't playing for Hammell but they were good players. Even under Hammell the margins were slim.  Most weeks Kettlewell had 8 or 9 outfield players of a good standard which will get you to midtable in this league. 

Kettlewell chose to prioritise Paton over Cornelius and commit funds to Obika before the window even opened. He's the one who will pay the price because it's either win or get sacked now and we don't have a win in us.

I thought Cornelius said he wanted to move south?

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

1 win in 18 games. 

Get him to fuck. 

3 defeats in 11 with draws away to Celtic, St. Mirren, Hibs, St Johnstone twice.

If we win our next two home games we are on a pretty good run.

Of course we have to win them but now is hardly the time to get rid of the manager.

• Confused 1

I think Halliday and Nicholson will improve the team. From the limited initial showings they look like they might add a little more skill to the team. That combined with having Miller back should help to give us a bit more composure in midfield. Bair seems to have improved and has now chipped in with 6 goals but we need some help for him. Gent performs well up the left side although his deliveries today were not up to his usual standard. Whilst we are struggling to get a few wins under our belt I believe there are a number of positives at the moment. The next two games could go a long way to defining how the season pans out but the main objective is to finish no lower than 10th

59 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I like it when we win games which is why I'm fed up with the current chancer manager. 

It's the people who seem happy enough to watching losing football every week as long they get their calender signed and a few wee videos to watch on their phone every week that are the problem.

As well as a Man of the Match poll could we introduce a Miserable bastard of the week poll? 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

3 defeats in 11 with draws away to Celtic, St. Mirren, Hibs, St Johnstone twice.

If we win our next two home games we are on a pretty good run.

Of course we have to win them but now is hardly the time to get rid of the manager.

He's already had multiple get out of jail cards. 

2 shots on target today. None at all in the second half. We are not improving and if we don't beat Kilmarnock that should be it. 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

He's already had multiple get out of jail cards. 

2 shots on target today. None at all in the second half. We are not improving and if we don't beat Kilmarnock that should be it. 

Don't think he's a chancer to be fair. Theres nothing about Kettlewells demeanour in interviews that suggests he wants us to be at rock bottom. 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

In this league Courts has a better ppg than Kettlewell and has achieved a European qualification. To me that's a better record. 

Swapping managers every 18 months or so is part of the reason we are in this mess. Bringing managers in to save us then having to pay them off which impacts on the cash we have to actually sign players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Swapping managers every 18 months or so is part of the reason we are in this mess. Bringing managers in to save us then having to pay them off which impacts on the cash we have to actually sign players. 

The bolded part is absolutely true, and it must really hinder us financially, but the appointments in the first place are what are fucking us over. We need to stop giving the gig to untried managers at this level with no/minimal track record.

I'm all for an "outside of the box" appointment, but Hammell was a ludicrous decision in hindsight, and Kettlewell is turning out to be very poor overall.

The next time we bring a manager in, a bit of experience would be fuckin magic.

Edited to add - I absolutely do not mean a John Hughes type manager, just not a complete novice either.

19 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

The trolls don't care about that, they enjoy discord...that gives them the limelight in a fans forum...glad st online doesn't have trolls

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

The trolls don't care about that, they enjoy discord...that gives them the limelight in a fans forum...glad st online doesn't have trolls

A troll is someone who says something awful or something they don’t really believe to intentionally get a reaction. Those who want the manager gone, for the most part, have given a decent reasoning in their posts.

Calling them trolls and dismissing them because they disagree with you is pretty tragic. It’s a message board for opinions and all are welcome.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

A troll is someone who says something awful or something they don’t really believe to intentionally get a reaction. Those who want the manager gone, for the most part, have given a decent reasoning in their posts.

Calling them trolls and dismissing them because they disagree with you is pretty tragic. It’s a message board for opinions and all are welcome.

There's at least 3 or 4 who post bollocks consistently  and are looking for a reaction, so they're trolls in my book, you can't embarrass them

They never seem to post a out tactics or the general game ..it's just telling us someone is utter shit, not just a bit shit but utter shit ..I would say we all want the same thing but I doubt we do

Anyway on a general point if we continue like today, I'll think we will be fine especially if we get a fwd to help Bair, maybe even a wee run in Cup.  It's up to us to be up for it

7 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Again hyperbole , it's no just poor but

" pretty tragic", reasoned argument/ debate doesn't sound like that 😂

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

There's at least 3 or 4 who post bollocks consistently  and are looking for a reaction, so they're trolls in my book, you can't embarrass them

They never seem to post a out tactics or the general game ..it's just telling us someone is utter shit, not just a bit shit but utter shit ..I would say we all want the same thing but I doubt we do

Anyway on a general point if we continue like today, I'll think we will be fine especially if we get a fwd to help Bair, maybe even a wee run in Cup.  It's up to us to be up for it

Completely agree. One more decent striker would really boost us