🏆SC Motherwell v Alloa 20/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

12 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

On that note I assume the games go to extra time then PK’s if required? Done away with replays? 

Yip, there’s been no Cup replays since before Covid.

42 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I probably knew that but just forgot 🙂

Did England do the same but then change back to replays? I noticed several replays scheduled in England. 

Think so yes, there’s certainly Cup replays in this seasons FA Cup. It’s a much better idea, imo, not having Cup replays as it cuts down on fixture congestion and teams know that every cup tie is a must win game. 

• Thanks 1

As long as some of our injured players are back and Biereth hasnt actually been recalled to Arsenal, we should win this comfortably.

3-0 Motherwell.

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to 🏆SC Motherwell v Alloa 20/01/2024
1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Casey, Miller, Slattery, Blaney, and Shaw are all listed as out for this game. 

That leaves us with some difficulties. More so from the bench. I think the best we can put out is.....

KELLY

MCGINN MUGABI BUTCHER

SOD                                         GENT

PATON    DAVOR   SPITTAL

BAIR  BIERETH

Subs Ox, Montgomery, McGinley, Maguire, Obika and some young boys.

Should still be enough to get the job done. But its clear to see why we need more bodies.

If SK wants to stick with his 3 up top Id be tempted to see what young Luca Ross could do. Alternatively you are bringing Montgomery in and pushing either him or Gent further up.

21 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

That leaves us with some difficulties. More so from the bench. I think the best we can put out is.....

KELLY

MCGINN MUGABI BUTCHER

SOD                                         GENT

PATON    DAVOR   SPITTAL

BAIR  BIERETH

Subs Ox, Montgomery, McGinley, Maguire, Obika and some young boys.

Should still be enough to get the job done. But its clear to see why we need more bodies.

If SK wants to stick with his 3 up top Id be tempted to see what young Luca Ross could do. Alternatively you are bringing Montgomery in and pushing either him or Gent further up.

If we had a proper squad, players like Mugabi, Butcher, SOD and Paton would all be starting from the bench on Saturday. Given we don't, the alternative would be to field surplus to requirement players (McGinley & Maguire) and schoolboys, which sums up exactly how threadbare and poor our squad is. As I wrote elsewhere, Montgomery aside, I still think we need to sign at least five more immediate starters if we have any hope of achieving anything other than 11th place at best this season.