๐Ÿ†SC Motherwell v Alloa 20/01/2024

SteelmaninOZ

23 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Was Butcher not the player everyone said transformed last season and couldn't wait to see him return to his "proper" position in midfield this season?

Yes, but he's been diabolical since returning from injury.

3 hours ago, El Grew said:

In 15 competitive matches against Alloa weโ€™ve won 11, drawn 3, lost 1 and scored 40 goals and conceded 11.

Surely a home win? ย Ah but remember Albion Rovers!ย :doh:

๐Ÿคซย :nono:ย donโ€™t remind us El Grew

With Slatterys injury and Biereth being recalled, I may have to review my comfortable 3-0 prediction!

Depending on what SK comes up with re team selection, it could be a very uncomfortable afternoon altogether.....

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Alloa will be supremely confident for this game. Put your mortgage on them winning.ย 

It will be no shock whatsoever if they turn us over on Saturday. That would just be the โ€˜perfectโ€™ end to a dismal week, with Slatteryโ€™s injury and now Biereth being recalled.

10 minutes ago, MJC said:

It will be no shock whatsoever if they turn us over on Saturday. That would just be the โ€˜perfectโ€™ end to a dismal week, with Slatteryโ€™s injury and now Biereth being recalled.

Why would it be no shock whatsoever for a team halfway down League One to come to a Premier League team and win? Which of their players are the biggest threat to us?

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Why would it be no shock whatsoever for a team halfway down League One to come to a Premier League team and win? Which of their players are the biggest threat to us?

Because weโ€™re rank rotten and have won once in the last four and a half months. Obviously on paper it would look like a shock but for anyone whoโ€™s seen us this season then it really wouldnโ€™t be that surprising. Their players donโ€™t need to be a threat to us, we are capable of doing that all by ourselves because we canโ€™t score goals and canโ€™t defend so they will get chances.

I stand by my earlier prediction. We will draw and then get beat on penalties, just like we did in 1996.

17 minutes ago, MJC said:

Because weโ€™re rank rotten and have won once in the last four and a half months. Obviously on paper it would look like a shock but for anyone whoโ€™s seen us this season then it really wouldnโ€™t be that surprising. Their players donโ€™t need to be a threat to us, we are capable of doing that all by ourselves because we canโ€™t score goals and canโ€™t defend so they will get chances.

I stand by my earlier prediction. We will draw and then get beat on penalties, just like we did in 1996.

If you've no idea how good or bad Alloa's players are, how can you possibly judge the outcome of the game? Unless you just want to say we'll lose, obviously.

The 'we can't score' patter just isn't true - we've scored more goals than Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Mirren - but I suppose it suits your argument.

Been a fairly awful winter break for us with the split opinion of the social media stuff, the injury to Slattery and the Biereth fiasco. A comfortable routine 3-0 win and into the hat would go a long way to settling the support a little.

ย 

Let's get back to the football and get the job done!

21 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

If you've no idea how good or bad Alloa's players are, how can you possibly judge the outcome of the game? Unless you just want to say we'll lose, obviously.

The 'we can't score' patter just isn't true - we've scored more goals than Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Mirren - but I suppose it suits your argument.

It's pointless engaging with him, he's trying to be a shock jockย 

11 hours ago, steelboy said:

I'd start Luca Ross tomorrow.

Kellyย 

O'Donnell McGinn Bevis Montgomery

Spittal Davor Paton

Ross Bair Gent

ย 

Actually wouldnt be against that.

Its exactly the kind if game a young player could flourish in.

Given how threadbare our squad is it wouldnt be the maddest thing SK has done this season.