Motherwell v Ross County - 06/02/24

MJC

16 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Wasn't just you giving stick david was quite a few.

I can't agree with your "stick was entirely warranted" comment any player coming to us should get benefit of doubt initially in my book but that's another debate.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "stick."

For example, whenever I was in the stadium watching the team, I never booed the guy. Or anyone on our team actually, as it's never productive. I always showed him support when the team were playing.

I guess all I did was question his signing and what he'd shown to that point to warrant being signed. But I always said that I'd love nothing more than him coming in and being one of the few who take his stats and turn them on their head. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it really is a beautiful thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Richie said:

To be fair to Bair the two 1 on 1s were good saves, the first one was a Martinez-esque save spreading himself, the second was a good save at Bair's feet.

They weren't wild misses or anything.

I think for the first one Bair would maybe have had more luck if he dinked the keeper like he did the other week.

good save but bair missed the boat, just as the keeper goes down a wee flick towards the goal with the outside of his right foot and the ball trundles towards the centre of goals , and the keeper and bair go the same way,  but at least heez getting in to the positions and just needs to sharpen up on his speed of thought, 

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

good save but bair missed the boat, just as the keeper goes down a wee flick towards the goal with the outside of his right foot and the ball trundles towards the centre of goals , and the keeper and bair go the same way,  but at least heez getting in to the positions and just needs to sharpen up on his speed of thought, 

You could send him a vid of all your Premier League goals and show him how it's done.

3 hours ago, gaz7 said:

Yep agree with that richie plus his "offside" goal was some finish showing confidence, his run to the left then darted right on breakaway and Spittal put him in for him to dink it just wide was great movement from him and also he was waiting for a tap in from paton who made bad pass.

A big thing I noticed last night and will continue is defenders are starting to fear him giving room to our other players which again is another arrow to his bow.

Someone with his size strength and speed will always be capable of something in our league and why I couldn't believe stick he was getting earlier in season without having had a chance with us .

Bevis is same and yes he is bambi on ice at times but he has all the attributes of bair that I mentioned and can use them in different ways hence the reason I at present always want him in the team.

some pick out from " rotten SOD "

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

thanks BB i couldnt work it out, i freezed it a few times then gave up , its probably my old eyes and tech fobia

I'd never have got it either Smiddy, but they told you it was him on the Facebook post. Never noticed it at the time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

Another who gets it far too tight when team struggling.  He's got 25 scotland caps for a reason. 

Completely agree and over quite a long period of time as well. I think it's clear the criticism that's been dished out to some players has affected their performances. 

He's been booed coming on to the park ... No need. 

Ps for clarification... This is just my opinion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Well Well said:

Still no sign of the doom mongers...like a breath of fresh air.

Thing is, if they only show up to wind people up when we lose, that could be classified as trolling.

And trolling is worthy of a ban, some might say. Maybe a three-day ban after we next lose a game? Would be a shame, eh? 

4 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I actually think, strangely, that despite conceding five goals, their 'keeper looked really good, possibly their best player on the night with Dhanda.

An absolute giant of a man, head and shoulders over everyone else on the pitch  I'd have him at Fir Park next season in an instant.

5 hours ago, Richie said:

I think for the first one Bair would maybe have had more luck if he dinked the keeper like he did the other week.

Quite. I forget who said it on that fairly crap "Scottish and Irish players who were fabby dabby in England" series that's on the BBC just now, but in a one-on-one they were told to always dink the keeper, and it usually worked.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Every result went our way. Great couple of nights for us.

Yup, still just a point off top six. 

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I am cos Adams would have taken them into the play off spot. They may actually fare better with a manager who isn't a complete diddly.

Yup...that is why I am gutted. He was doing a great job wrecking their season