2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 hour ago, TheoBair14 said:

Massive player to loose at the club 

Is Ross Tierney taking a place back in first team next season? 

But not unexpected. At all. Some folk didn't rate Spittal even at the beginning of the season 

48 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Another 5 knocked back terms…..

Im really not a fan of all this I know something you don't know stuff. Pretty sure Casey was very late to commit to us last season. Just because folk night might have said no right now doesn't mean they won't re consider 

Staying up matters to me more right now than who is staying or going.  This stuff shouldn't be getting leaked onto fans forums as far as I'm concerned. It hurts the club particularly as we aren't yet safe from relegation.. 

And anyone connected with the club who is leaking this info... They are an arse as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Would we die in a ditch over any of the 5? Only Paul McGinn and Sam Nicholson possibly?

Mcginn I'd certainly want to keep. nicholson ? Done some wee bits but plenty like him out there so definitely no loss in losing him.

Spittal to hearts is a big loss obviously but what I hope it shows is our best players get moves that increase their wages drastically. 

Can help with transfers to us with players from lesser teams.

Big pressure on Spittal now for rest of season.  Any signs of dropping standards or trying to avoid injury doesn't look good especially when we are still fighting relegation.   No way we can compete with Hearts financially so I don't blame him but at same time disappointed 

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Big pressure on Spittal now for rest of season.  Any signs of dropping standards or trying to avoid injury doesn't look good especially when we are still fighting relegation.   No way we can compete with Hearts financially so I don't blame him but at same time disappointed 

I think everyone knew he was off. I personally think he won't drop his game. I wish him the best but we move on 

5 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Id be sorry to lose McGinn most of the other out of contract are very replaceable.. Hope big Bevis has refused.

Bevis said last week that contract negotiations haven't been opened yet which makes me think all this I know something you don't is a crock of shit. 

Spittal has gone from a decent premier league player to a good one since he's been here,he's done us a right good turn and will be missed,atleast he isnt off to the likes of st mirren.

13 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

Would imagine Slattery will prob leave at end of season but could get him on new contract for after his injury 

I think he will be offered new terms because of the injury and he will stay. Hopefully 

• Like 1

This is what we do.

We take players, improve them, and move them on.

It would have been nice if we could have got a fee for Spittal, but at least it is another one in a long line of players we have improved who have gone on to bigger things.

Should help us attract a suitable replacement......

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

No harm to the lad  but its best for both parties if he moves on. Too lightweight I'm afraid. 

Probably. But it would be good to see him back and have the management team assess whether he has developed any. If not, happy for him to move on.

11 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

This is what we do.

We take players, improve them, and move them on.

It would have been nice if we could have got a fee for Spittal, but at least it is another one in a long line of players we have improved who have gone on to bigger things.

Should help us attract a suitable replacement......

Exactly, only a big blow if we don't replace Spittall, I remember the "Huge Blow" stuff when we lost KVV last season and we are the 3rd highest scorers in the SPFL this season. Players come players go. There will be more Blair Spittalls for us in the years ahead.

We should get some money in for Lennon Miller and we move on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

My feelings exactly. We can now move on. 

This would have been best kept quiet though. 

Why would hears give a shit about that

2 hours ago, stv said:

Why would hears give a shit about that

Yeah exactly, when Aberdeen signed Gallagher on a pre contract they declined our request to shhhhh. As did St Midden with O'Hara. 

Hearts raiding other clubs in the league for players is interesting. It always felt like Spittal would be away anyway due to his form for us.