Rangers v Motherwell 02/03/2024

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Absolutely brilliant weekend so far

Both beat in the same weekend , can’t get any better than that and a Hearts win doesn’t affect our league position at all 

The Aberdeen result was pretty hilarious too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

Much more important to us than todays game. 

Just for a bit of fun. If we took 9 points from the next 4 games , beating Dundee and Hibs in those 4 games we'd be on 41 points   

13/3

Dundee V Aberdeen.  Aberdeen win .. Dundee on 33 points

Ross County v Hibs .. Draw - Hibs on 35 points

16/03

Hibs v Livingston .. Hibs win, Hibs on 38 points

Motherwell v Aberdeen , Motherwell win , Motherwell on 35 points

17/03

Dundee v Rangers  .. Rangers Win , Dundee on 33 points

30/03

Rangers v Hibs .. Rangers win , Hibs on 38 points

St Johnstone v Dundee , Dundee win , Dundee on 36 points

Motherwell v St Mirren , St Mirren win, Motherwell on 35 points

06/04

Dundee V Motherwell , Motherwell win Motherwell on 38 points

Hibs v St Johnstone , Hibs win , Hibs on 41 points

13/04

Aberdeen v Dundee, Dundee win, Dundee on 39 points

Motherwell v Hibs, Motherwell win, Motherwell on 41 points

That would see Motherwell and Hibs finish on 41 points. 6th place would go down to goal difference. However predicting Hibs drop two points RC and Aberdeen win at Dens Park is probably being over optimistic.  Of course if we won all four, which borders on the impossible, 6th place would almost certainly be ours. I think Hibs will get it when all said and done.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It certainly was. The manner of defeat was just a bonus.

Aberdeen are giving off a “too good to go down” Hibs under Butcher, vibe.

We need to add to their pain in 2 weeks time. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Absolutely was , I do like Neil Warnock, find him comical at times but at the same time he is the type of guy that would book a holiday abroad then complain it was far too warm 

Great 3 points for Robbo’s boys

2 hours ago, MJC said:

And Brendan is raging. Dribbling on about VAR and referee decisions. Even better!

After the way he was all smug and condescending about us rightly being aggrieved about the decisions in the 2017 League Cup Final and the game at Fir Park the following Wednesday I will never, ever tire of seeing this arsehole being gutted and getting a taste of his own medicine.

Choke on it Rodgers. 

He was complaining that they should have had a penalty against us last week for the ball hitting off Dan Casey's arm. I actually got the point he was trying to make re the penalty decision today - saying that it was accidental (the handball) but it's the same for every club. Sometimes Var will go in your favour and sometimes it won't. 

9 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

He was complaining that they should have had a penalty against us last week for the ball hitting off Dan Casey's arm. I actually got the point he was trying to make re the penalty decision today - saying that it was accidental (the handball) but it's the same for every club. Sometimes Var will go in your favour and sometimes it won't. 

I listened to his post match interview on BBC radio Scotland earlier and he mentions Motherwell  quite a few times , imagine if he had lost that one too 

1 hour ago, mio said:

Delighted that hearts won today as well, really p1ss off both sets of their fans. 

It’s the only thing negative about beating one of them is that you get messages from the other set of people expressing their delight and how you’ve “done them a favour” 

It’s always spinned around that us beating one of them is for their benefit. I can’t stand it. it’s always about them.

It’s nice to go into work on a Monday with the two of them beelin and how a conspiracy of referees has done them over.

two cheeks of the same ar5e!!!

It has been brilliant and love fact old firm never lose a game fairly, always hard done by.

Brings back memories of growing up in Hamilton. "So..if rangers played Celtic who would you support?".    No one....I am a well fan.  "Aye but if you had to pick a team".....,no one....I am a well fan.  "Aye...but who who would you want to win?......NO ONE!!!!! I AM A WELL FAN!!!!!!!!! 😜😜

• Like 4

Sellik pen soft ,( but hilarious) but...they have had  14 pens this season..... admittedly 34 less than rangers!! 😜😂

But you know what......it makes me even more proud that my dad was a well fan and made sure I followed the lads in claret as amber ❤️❤️

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Rodgers is an odious prick. Get it right up him. 

I particularly remember him snidely scoffing at Alan Burrows showing footage on his laptop to the press of McGregor artfully hooking his leg around our player (can't remember who for the moment) to get a last-minute penalty to scrape a draw against us, a re-run of their pen today against Hearts.

Oily, smug and insincere are the nicest things  I can say about him and a guy who couldn't get down the M74 fast enough when Leicester came calling. Gerrard was the same but both sets of their fans think their team is the pinnacle of football and should get absolute loyalty.

Looking furrit to the match with The Sheep. I heard a podcast this afternoon from an irate Dons fan demanding Warnock be sacked and Neil Lennon  installed right now. Let's hope they don't because, whatever you think of him, he might just do enough to pull them away from the danger zone.

• Like 1

One thing I slightly wasn’t happy with yesterday was our own Stephen Craigan , got the feeling he was suggesting we stole an undeserved victory but maybe just me

Faddy more than made up for it though 

Looking forward to Sportscene tonight moving forward 

25 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

It has been brilliant and love fact old firm never lose a game fairly, always hard done by.

Brings back memories of growing up in Hamilton. "So..if rangers played Celtic who would you support?".    No one....I am a well fan.  "Aye but if you had to pick a team".....,no one....I am a well fan.  "Aye...but who who would you want to win?......NO ONE!!!!! I AM A WELL FAN!!!!!!!!! 😜😜

Followed by which school did u go to ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Just for a bit of fun. If we took 9 points from the next 4 games , beating Dundee and Hibs in those 4 games we'd be on 41 points   

13/3

Dundee V Aberdeen.  Aberdeen win .. Dundee on 33 points

Excellent piece of work other than this bit 😁

Aberdeen still waiting for the 'new manager bounce' 

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Yes if you want.

I'll have a look later. There's a few of them from yesterday reassuring Rangers fans that they'd do their best to peg back Celtic for them and so on. The actual accounts are all pretty similar in the pish they post on the regular.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

I would have to disagree though that they have a leaning in one particular direction. Most Hearts fans I know, in fact, ANY Hearts fan that I’ve ever known has only ever had a leaning towards Hearts and no one else. I’ve said this before on these forums, Hearts fans support their club through thick and thin and tend not to care what any one else thinks of them.

I know you have a weird hard-on for Hearts, so I'm wary of going down this rabbit hole too much with you, but as another poster mentioned, there are definitely shades of the Celtic/Rangers bigotry aspect when you look at Hearts and Hibs, so it's perfectly natural that an element of Hearts fans would look up to their "big brothers" in Glasgow. 

And it's not just Hearts. Hibs are just as bad. It's quite pathetic, really.

It reminds me a little of how Rangers fans view Chelsea. 

Anyway, we won. That's the main thing. I couldn't actually care less who won between Hearts and Celtic. Unless we're chasing Hearts for third place, their results have little bearing on me. Neither does who wins the title. I have good mates on both sides of the divide, so whoever wins, I know I'm guaranteed a few free beers when they're out pissed up and celebrating on that weekend.

Of course, this result over the weekend will be tainted somewhat if we don't keep this form up into the next few games.

We have a real chance of snatching a late top six finish if we play our cards right.

Rodgers knows exactly what he's doing and the fans will lap it up.

The thing is, big decisions aside, they get the benefit of the marginal 50/50 fouls all game, week in, week out.

As an aside, have the beer fear for the first time ages. Excessive celebration, but some buzz yesterday.

Great to finally get that particular monkey off our back.

12 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

One thing I slightly wasn’t happy with yesterday was our own Stephen Craigan , got the feeling he was suggesting we stole an undeserved victory but maybe just me

I just love Faddy ( don't tell Mrs Grizzly). He defends our team to the limit and you can see how much the well means to him

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

I thought he was obviously delighted, and well as we played, we did ride our luck at times which was fair enough to point out.

I have thought recently he had gone a bit neutral in his comments in recent times (which is fair enough), but I felt you could hear how happy he was, in fact I commented on it at home.

54 minutes ago, David said:

I'll have a look later. There's a few of them from yesterday reassuring Rangers fans that they'd do their best to peg back Celtic for them and so on. The actual accounts are all pretty similar in the pish they post on the regular.

I know you have a weird hard-on for Hearts, so I'm wary of going down this rabbit hole too much with you, but as another poster mentioned, there are definitely shades of the Celtic/Rangers bigotry aspect when you look at Hearts and Hibs, so it's perfectly natural that an element of Hearts fans would look up to their "big brothers" in Glasgow. 

And it's not just Hearts. Hibs are just as bad. It's quite pathetic, really.

It reminds me a little of how Rangers fans view Chelsea. 

Anyway, we won. That's the main thing. I couldn't actually care less who won between Hearts and Celtic. Unless we're chasing Hearts for third place, their results have little bearing on me. Neither does who wins the title. I have good mates on both sides of the divide, so whoever wins, I know I'm guaranteed a few free beers when they're out pissed up and celebrating on that weekend.

Of course, this result over the weekend will be tainted somewhat if we don't keep this form up into the next few games.

We have a real chance of snatching a late top six finish if we play our cards right.

I’ll look forward to seeing those posts then. I don’t think it’ll be representative of the whole Hearts support but it’ll be interesting to see posts like that nonetheless.

I don’t have any kind of ‘hard-on’ for Hearts or any other club other than Motherwell. As I’ve said before, I respect Hearts as a club and admire their support and their fans loyalty to their club. There’s not many, if any, clubs in Scotland have as passionate and loyal support as Hearts do.

We won, that is the main thing and you’re right about that. And each to their own. For me though, while winning at Ibrox at last was special and nothing else that happened this weekend could top that, Celtic and Rodgers losing to Hearts and thereby squandering their chance to go back to the top of the league is an extra and we’ll appreciated bonus. 👍

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

I’ll look forward to seeing those posts then. I don’t think it’ll be representative of the whole Hearts support but it’ll be interesting to see posts like that nonetheless.

I don’t have any kind of ‘hard-on’ for Hearts or any other club other than Motherwell. As I’ve said before, I respect Hearts as a club and admire their support and their fans loyalty to their club. There’s not many, if any, clubs in Scotland have as passionate and loyal support as Hearts do.

We won, that is the main thing and you’re right about that. And each to their own. For me though, while winning at Ibrox at last was special and nothing else that happened this weekend could top that, Celtic and Rodgers losing to Hearts and thereby squandering their chance to go back to the top of the league is an extra and we’ll appreciated bonus. 👍

I think for me the performance was just on another level. Like when you see the video clips you can see just how badly the players wanted that result.